Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #31
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar318is View Post
As for this Macleren fine, I can understand it but 100mill is alot of dough. They should have cut that down to 50Mill and get rid of the points, not driver points. And take there cars away and start from scratch..That's my 2 cents..
I personally feel that it's a ****ing farce. If they found McLaren guilty of spying and believe their car used so much Ferrari technology that it should be excluded from the constructor's championship, then anyone with an ounce of logic should see that this automatically means the drivers' should be as well - the constructor is being excluded because they had an unfair advantage... hey guess what the drivers were driving... A CAR WITH AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!!! Sure it still takes a good driver to bring it home but lets face it, if you drive an F1 car against a pack of CARTs, it's not really that impressive or fair. The only reason they did what they did is because Lewis Hamilton is the hottest and freshest thing to happen to this sport since Senna and booting him out for the rest of the year will kill their viewership and the bottom line: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. So they realize that they can't just leave it at excluding the constructor because everyone will be screaming what I just wrote, so they give McLaren a giant fist up the ass to overcompensate for doing nothing to the drivers and continue making money.
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:34 PM   #32
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
I personally feel that it's a ****ing farce. If they found McLaren guilty of spying and believe their car used so much Ferrari technology that it should be excluded from the constructor's championship, then anyone with an ounce of logic should see that this automatically means the drivers' should be as well - the constructor is being excluded because they had an unfair advantage... hey guess what the drivers were driving... A CAR WITH AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!!! Sure it still takes a good driver to bring it home but lets face it, if you drive an F1 car against a pack of CARTs, it's not really that impressive or fair. The only reason they did what they did is because Lewis Hamilton is the hottest and freshest thing to happen to this sport since Senna and booting him out for the rest of the year will kill their viewership and the bottom line: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. So they realize that they can't just leave it at excluding the constructor because everyone will be screaming what I just wrote, so they give McLaren a giant fist up the ass to overcompensate for doing nothing to the drivers and continue making money.
I'll retract my statement of Driver points. I should know this, and I don't know why I wasn't thinking of it.. But in Nascar if the car is illigal in some way(example: too low to the ground) then the owner would get 100points, 50K fine and the driver would get 100 point fine. And that's alot as you can get a max of 185 points in a race..

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:49 PM   #33
Lower_Level
No-Budget Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
There are some sports you don't need to have done or seen in person to appreciate - like road racing, American football (except for queers who don't like guys knocking the **** out of each other) and ultimate fighting. Then there are boring to watch but difficult/fun to do sports - like golf, soccer and oval racing.
Point well made!

I guess coming from alot of time in dirt track racing; and being a large fan of the sport I do understand & appreciate the skills of oval track racers. However; for F1 I'd take a pass. Like I said earlier; these cars are so technically progressed I get the feeling that they could drive themselves around the car. Granted the driver plays a large role; but really... Most of the F1 races that I have watched have the guy who gets into the corner first wins the race. It's just not my cup of tea.

Now a night race at Bristol, TN... Guys who don't mind leaning on a guy through the corner... Now that's racin'!

'95 325is - //M Body - Shark Injected - Sport Pkg - Depo's with HID's
Lower_Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:58 PM   #34
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lower_Level View Post
Granted the driver plays a large role; but really... Most of the F1 races that I have watched have the guy who gets into the corner first wins the race. It's just not my cup of tea.
Yeah it's true... I still watch because... hell I don't even know why in early 2010's. But now, there's actually 4 people vying for the win instead of 1 or 2. It's definitely true though that if you're not in the top one or two rides, you don't have a prayer of winning. And I think you're right that it would take very little for the cars to do everything on their own. Like I said, more roadcourses NASCAR, I'm sold!
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:03 PM   #35
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Just a headsup- Villeneuve is making his Debut in the Nascar truck series. It's on speed right now.

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: