Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Bimmercruise
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #31
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
How about a "track prep" or "purpose built" class? A lot of guys had their cars set up for track days and auto-X, but don't have any audio, custom interior, flashy wheels, etc, and can't get points to be competitive in an existing class. Just a thought.....
"Fuh Raze" class.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #32
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
"Fuh Raze" class.
Boots what the hell ?? You where at the cruise ??
Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 PM   #33
Magic_Black
BMW ID Designer

Sunday was a great day. The cruise however was alittle tough for my car to handle, but i do have a few rocks chips courtesy of all those consession roads we went through.

The show itself was awesome. My first show I brought my E30 too and now that I know what the competition has I am going to do my best to be a stronger competitior for next years competition. I was hoping that some of my family could have made the trips with their X5's but the trip was too far them to make in such a short time. Maybe a closer venue to the city would help.

I also wanna send out my thanks to the organizers, sponsors, and event helpers. It was trully a good day. It would have been rain or shine.

Allan.
Magic_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #34
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious View Post

-distance,

-timing-

-promotion-

-vendors/sponsors-

-shelter-

-food-
Points well taken, here are some arguements:

1) Distance- How can you guys complain about driving 100+KM once a year to a venue for a large BMW-specific show, but have no problems doing the same distance on a "midnight cruise" event, or going to wasaga beach to get harassed by cops? Not trying to compare, but Bimmerfest gets people from different states coming, even when it was still a small event years ago.

2) Timing- agreed... Trying for June next year. Mostly my fault for procrastinating... lots of work involved prepping.

3) Promotion = money... more sponsors, more promotion and trophies.

4) Vendors -I tried. We got some good sponsors this year, but only 2 actually came out to set up a booth. I can only ask... if they don't want to...?

5) Shelter - noted, and unfortunately not much I can do unless I rent a huge party tent ($$??).

6) Food- Can't conflict with Mosport's restaurant income. They can only cook so much at once too, must be patiend, or go when it's NOT LUNCH.

7) Applewood- I am able to have the show there, but refuse to. As a show organizer, it is much easier to keep a show running smoothly when half the parking lot isn't leaving for the local mall, or friend's house once they've looked around for 30mins. The lot becomes patchy and too much (literal) traffic. Notice how this past event everyone (pretty much) stayed there the whole day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
How about a "track prep" or "purpose built" class? A lot of guys had their cars set up for track days and auto-X, but don't have any audio, custom interior, flashy wheels, etc, and can't get points to be competitive in an existing class. Just a thought.....
We always had a class for "Race Prep" but found that only 1 or 2 cars would show up. I don't even think anyone had a race prep car this weekend! If they did, they were probably on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic_Black View Post
Sunday was a great day. The cruise however was alittle tough for my car to handle, but i do have a few rocks chips courtesy of all those consession roads we went through.

Allan.
Don't follow so closely. Everyone had a map if you got lost. Rock don't just jump off the ground and hit you by themselves!

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:05 PM   #35
zimzimmma
6th Gear Member

Great time, was fun and was my first time attending. I like the grass better then paved. lots of nice cars.. I think next time I will enter my car in the show ( I didn't think my car was worthy )

Great job guys!!!
zimzimmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #36
Ant118
BmwAviator

Great show Randy as always. And anytime i can help its no problem. Congrates to all the winners. Us judges had a hard time choosing the Winner's. Also Mike check your pm on S14 im writing you a pm after this message. Hope to see everyone next year!

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:17 AM   #37
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious View Post
ok here is only only thing that i have to say, now dont get me wrong i love the venue, Mosport is the ultimate venue, but the size of the venue shrinks yearly, i think the problems are these.

-distance, mosport is an easy drive for me (my parents live pretty much right there), but for a lot of people, ive heard bitching and moaning about how far it is. the point of Bimmercruise, is the cruise, which is beautiful.

-timing- september is tough for a good majority of people who both have to get ready to go back to school and those who have kids going back to school, moving etc.

-promotion- internet and the cards are great, however we have to brainstorm a way to get the word out there to the right people.

-vendors/sponsors- each year we loose more of these, i always loved being able to browse the vendors when youve seen all the cars and are waiting for the trophy ceremony

-shelter- had it rained at mosport, there really wasnt any shelter except the bathrooms and our own cars

-food- a good majority waited 1/2 an hour for food... thats crazy

-Now i know we wont be going back to Applewood plaza but those , bar none, were the best shows we had, 300+ cars, paved lot, food in the plaza, vendors could lug their merchandise to it, and the date IIRC was pre-september, when people were still here before heading off to school etc.

this is a pretty long post but my main concern is the venue, if we cant change the venue, we need to promote the venue a lot better.

- also Congrats to all the winners this year, the cars looked amazing, it really made me miss my own car, however dont worry ill be back next year to try to take my trophy back hehe
Exactly.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:18 AM   #38
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
great event Randy! I was only too happy to have been able to take part and help out a little. I'm definitely in for a position next year as well... you can put me down now... I'll be there.

Now as far as the venue is concerned, Mosport really is a great place to have Bimmercruise. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's worth the drive for sheer ambience alone, not to mention the skidpad, great scenery, actual racing going on, etc...

Anyway, thanks again Randy. You're a true asset to the Bimmer community ................................
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 PM   #39
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
I thought the show went great, about the food idea, I told people to bring their BBQ, and I only say 1 group of people who did bring one.

I'm sure glad I brought it too. Heard the food was

Randy...congrads to another show well put together. Can't wait till next year.
By the way, I preferred the grass....much better to BBQ on with the fold chairs near by
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #40
Derrick
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Randy,and the rest of the Maxbimmer staff for having the event.I had a blast as usual..Just one question..Why is it they always kick us off the skid pad ? Anyways Cheers to all who turned out.
Derrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #41
AlexS
2nd Gear Member

I had a great time on Sunday. I had the black Z3 there. Nice to meet many of you!
AlexS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:49 AM   #42
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

As a proud sponsor of bimmercruz, I thank all of you for joining this great event and to those of you who earned the trophies, congratulation and hope you join our small prize!

As for the Randy's comment on setting up a booth for sponsor, i couldn't even make out to the event this year as we were really busy at the shop. However, next year, I will make sure to come out and set up a booth and sponsor more prizes.
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: