Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
Bartacus
3rd Gear Member

Custom bodywork/exhaust in Ottawa?

Hi Guys,

How the **** did I miss the fact that there's an Ottawa section here?!?! Never even noticed. Bart = ADD + Alzheimers! Anyhoo, you guys have any recommendations for custom bodywork around Ottawa? I'd like to get some serious work done on my Rieger rear over the winter. I need it cut up pretty drastically, once I've decided on the design. Are there any good custom body shops around here?

Also, how about custom exhaust work? I'm thinking of a quad exhaust to go with the rear. But I want to maintain my Stebro can, and just have pipes run around the spare tire well to another set of tips on the right side.

Bart
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

The guys on Redliners(ottawa forum) swear by Beacon Auto for body work.. as for your exhaust, Dan at HP Autosport or Monsieur Muffler In Aylmer.

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
Bartacus
3rd Gear Member

Thank you sir! I will now begin plans to further in-debt myself!

Bart
Old 08-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #4
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Not a problem. If you want stuff you can always look at redliners.ca It's an Ottawa based forum, but mostly honda's etc... You can sometimes find some local guys that have stuff for us BMW guys and also I found that NoLimits has good prices for parts as well, compared to other places.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
Bartacus
3rd Gear Member

I was on Redliners for a while, but I just couldn't handle it anymore. Worst car forum EVER. Bunch of high school kids having flame wars all day. I just couldn't take the complete lack of intelligence over there. But those Honda guys do have some wild bodywork sometimes, so the recommendation is worth checking out. I'll be calling these Beacon guys next week.

Bart
Old 08-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

It's still like that, they had set up a fist fight last night, between 2 members.. it's funny to read and I only go there to get parts and stuff. Like you said, alot of kids on there..

Old 08-15-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus

Also, how about custom exhaust work? I'm thinking of a quad exhaust to go with the rear. But I want to maintain my Stebro can, and just have pipes run around the spare tire well to another set of tips on the right side.

Bart
the stebro guy is local, manotick i think? anyways I hear he'll make custom exhausts
Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 AM   #8
Bartacus
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
the stebro guy is local, manotick i think? anyways I hear he'll make custom exhausts
He won't do a custom quad. I'm running a Stebro exhaust and wanted a quad from the start. He wouldn't do it. I'm not too impressed with that guy. LOVE the sound, its a quality exhaust (except for the shitty tips), but I haven't had pleasant dealings with those guys. The Ottawa BMW club finds the main guy a bit flaky too, so it isn't just me.

Bart
Old 08-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #9
Jamil20
3rd Gear Member

No tips to offer, but if you do find a good bodyshop let me know, please.

I might be picking up an E30 while my E36 gets some of the rust taken off.
Jamil20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #10
Jamil20
3rd Gear Member

Server flaked out.
Jamil20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:39 AM   #11
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartacus
He won't do a custom quad. I'm running a Stebro exhaust and wanted a quad from the start. He wouldn't do it. I'm not too impressed with that guy. LOVE the sound, its a quality exhaust (except for the shitty tips), but I haven't had pleasant dealings with those guys. The Ottawa BMW club finds the main guy a bit flaky too, so it isn't just me.

Bart
hmmm bummer... i also heard the guys at the Midas in Bells corners will make custom exhausts
Old 08-21-2007, 01:32 PM   #12
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

I had a challenge one time for my exhaust on the eta, and took an old rusted pipe into the Bells Corners Midas.. in short order, then made me a replacement section. It fit perfect and they were totally cool about it. Most shops are grumpy about doing something like that and not getting to install it. They charged me $40. A1.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #13
aziz
4th Gear Member

forget stebro, scammed many ppl in fanatics and changed owners few times in the last yr alone.

go to Dan's muffler shop, 15 minutes south of bank/huntclub, you can find out more about him on RL lol.

Beacon is good for body work and all, good luck.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:31 PM   #14
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Stebro has changed ownership.. damn.. They used to have quite the name for themselves. I see now they sell their stuff directly on eBay.. $5000 for a ferrari exhaust, etc. It cheapens the product doing that.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:35 PM   #15
Bartacus
3rd Gear Member

That is too bad. They make a great sounding exhaust too! I love mine, and I find it to be the perfect sound for a BMW. Not too loud, not too quiet, JUST right. They supposedly have a great reputation with the Maserati crowd. Hate to see local businesses going to hell like that.

Bart

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: