Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #16
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie
jst wondering how much does a kit like that cost?
I'm getting the "3200 HiFlo ST Rally" which is listed at 8995. The complete price list is here: http://www.metricmechanic.com/prices...-and-heads.php

I added a couple of extras such as a lighter flywheel, and some changes to the fuel intake / injectors. (Sorry - I am one of the less technical folks on this forum - i just love to drive ) But their site goes into lots of detail about what else they do to prep the M20.

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #17
325isRED
6th Gear Member

post a few pics... both the car and the wife?

'92 325is 5sp
325isRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #18
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamus
I'm getting the "3200 HiFlo ST Rally" which is listed at 8995. The complete price list is here: http://www.metricmechanic.com/prices...-and-heads.php

I added a couple of extras such as a lighter flywheel, and some changes to the fuel intake / injectors. (Sorry - I am one of the less technical folks on this forum - i just love to drive ) But their site goes into lots of detail about what else they do to prep the M20.
all that money on an m20?
wow..

www.StanceFactory.com
ZiMMie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #19
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

it's 240hp i wonder what the torque is u should test it when it's in the car see how my hp it really is .
BmW1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #20
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie
all that money on an m20?
wow..
It does seem a lot when you consider the kind of performance gains that are possible for that much. But my main interests are weight, simplicity and getting the car back to life asap. It's the reason I sought out an E30. I'm only interested in performance gains if they add no weight, or are achieved by reducing weight further.

In the Metric M20 they replace all spinning and reciprocating masses with lighter and more durable equivalent parts. (With the exception of the crank which is slightly heavier). So I'm really looking forward to how responsive and agile this will feel. And with a 0km engine, I hope to keep my E30 alive and well for 20 to 40 more years.

I guess logically then I really should have gone for a 4-cylinder but I'm used to the 6 now. I prefer to make 'small' changes. So if I'm in a situation where the engine needs a rebuild - I prefer the simple approach of putting in essentially the same thing with some easy and obvious improvements.

And getting someone else to do all the work is certainly costly - but I have little choice there unless I can find a lot of time to learn a lot of stuff over the next 2 or 3 years. But by investing this amount, my car will be on the road in a few weeks.

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: