Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-11-2007, 04:12 AM   #1
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Red face FS: Original 17" LTW Staggered Stamped BMW MOTORSPORT Wheels (Set Of 4)

If you've clicked on this thread you probably already know what these are: the best factory E36 (and arguably any other platform) wheels BMW ever made in one of their rarest forms. These wheels are no longer available from BMW, and were only an option in Canada on the 45 1994 Canadian Edition cars (most of which were not ordered with them) or in the U.S. on cars from the 1995 model year only.

This is the second set of these wheels I've listed for sale here; this particular set are the original factory upgraded wheels from Canadian Edition M3 # 19 (of 45) - with proper casting marks and full documentation to prove it. These are a complete staggered (7.5" front, 8.5" rear) set of 4 17" forged lightweight wheels, all of which are straight and true without any curb rash whatsoever on the front and very minimal curb rash on the rears on their original 1994 finish.

The wheels look spectacular and have no cracks or any other problems. The front wheels have Bridgestone S03 225/45/17 tires on them with hardly any tread life left and the rear wheels have Michelin Pilot MXX3 245/45/17 tires on them that are nearly new.

The responsible thing for me to do when I already have a gorgeous set of these same wheels on my M3 is to liquidate some of the discretionary money I have tied up in my daily driver to put toward paying off the loan for my M3.

Pictures of the wheels are forthcoming (and will be posted quickly if the level interest is high); those of you who have seen my 325iS in person can no doubt attest to their incredible condition.

The price is $1600 firm (Canadian dollars) picked up near Woodbridge, but I'll ship these anywhere in North America at your expense for actual shipping costs plus a nominal $25 for packing materials and my time. If you're looking for a set of these rare wheels in Canada this is the only set available here right now; if you're looking for a genuine set of these wheels from a Canadian Edition this is the only set you're likely to ever see for sale.

I think my price is fair, and I will not be accepting lower offers. I love the way these wheels look on my 325iS - they're the nicest looking part of the whole car - and I'm in no hurry to sell them.

If the right buyer wants these I'll let them go for roughly what I paid for them.

Thanks for looking!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
Ant118
BmwAviator

oh your selling your stamped set. What have you found now???? GL with the sale

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant118
oh your selling your stamped set.
I own two original sets of these wheels. I'm selling the second set that I bought directly from the owner of # 19 which I have mounted on the 325iS; the original set from # 1 are staying on the car.

Quote:
What have you found now????
The desire to pay off my loan faster.

Quote:
GL with the sale
Thanks man!
Old 08-11-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
was that you at the met last night?
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
hioctane
3rd Gear Member

According to a search I had BMW do at Budds, you CAN order these through BMW (they are very limited though). I can't prove this but it's what I was told when I purchased a double spoke rear for my car (two weeks ago). They had a limited quantity of stamped & staggered in stock (Vancover warehouse). the price of them new is over $1200 each (rim alone).

Your price with tires is excellent - I'd pay that for those rims (in good condition).

"I never try anything; I just do it. Wanna try me?"
hioctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:01 PM   #6
dtm1
2nd Gear Member

got these on my #32 as well. Best looking OEM wheel for the E36 + light and staggered
I would be interested in picking up another set but not right now.

TTT
94 ///M3 Euro Spec #32 Sold
dtm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:10 AM   #7
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Arrow

Now that spring is here these wheels are back on my 325iS... and are back on sale.

Anyone interested in seeing these in person is welcome to look them over at the next meet in Woodbridge on Friday night.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:19 AM   #8
Kickcity
1st Gear Newbie

pic plz!
Kickcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
I love the way these wheels look on my 325iS - they're the nicest looking part of the whole car - and I'm in no hurry to sell them.
I may not be in a hurry but this thread is close to two years old now - I'm looking to set a forum record for the longest active for sale thread.

The 325iS these wheels were on was sold long ago but the wheels themselves are still available.

They now come wrapped in a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires with 50% tread in the rear and 95% tread in the front for the same price.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #10
JazzM
6th Gear Member

FYI, there are two versions of these, the polished ones and the painted ones. Which ones are these?

T.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #11
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzM View Post
FYI, there are two versions of these, the polished ones and the painted ones. Which ones are these?
There were actually three genuine variants of these forged wheels produced: painted with BMW MOTORSPORT lettering (offered only on early cars produced before December 1994 - about 15 cars in Canada), polished with BMW MOTORSPORT lettering (offered exclusively on the 1995 M3 GT in Europe) and polished with a small ///M decal (available from January 1995 and onwards and fairly common by comparison).

Here are some pictures of this exact set of wheels on my car with their former tires mounted:

I'll get good pictures of each wheel up tonight.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #12
JazzM
6th Gear Member

2 versions of stamped ones is what I was referring to.

T.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #13
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Smile

In the interest of moving these in this crappy economy I'm dropping the price to $1500 firm (Canadian dollars) for the set with tires and $1,250 firm (still Canadian dollars) for the set without tires picked up near Woodbridge.

You read that correctly: I now have two complete sets of these beautiful original forged wheels available for sale.

I'll still ship these anywhere in North America at your expense for actual shipping costs plus a nominal $25 for packing materials and my time.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #14
BMWTED
2nd Gear Member

Very nice
BMWTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #15
three28
2nd Gear Member

whats the tread depth on the tires?
three28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: