Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
Victory
V Y 87

Door Lock!!

The other day i was at my friends place swimming!
So I locked all doors, then when i wanted to get changed i only opened my trunk!
when I got changed and all, I left my car key in the short i was wearing before in the trunk.
So basically im locked out of my car. I called BMW they said that the only solution is to use my spare key! I asked about roadside assistance if that will help, they said theres a chance to break the glass!!!!

If this does happen again, does anyone know a way i can open the car??
I have 325ci cabrio 06!!
Old 08-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
phawx
lightly modded

Same thing happened to me last friday. Luckily my buddy gave me a lift home to grab my spare keys and all the way back down to my car... cost us around an hour.

Since you have a Cabrio, is there any way to get a wire into the car through / around the soft top and reach the unlock button? But then you'd basically be breaking into your own car...

"Hi I'm Derek!"
2002 TiAg 325xi: 35% Tint - Eibach pro kit springs - Koni dampers - clears signal lights - taped moldings - 17" ZHP replica rims
phawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
Victory
V Y 87

Yea ehh that sucks man !!
No theres no way i can put a wire into it!
I acually heard a story that if you use your phone and talk to someone with ur spare key, he can press the unlock button and u put ur phone near the car sensor that it will open!! I dont think its truu but hey it could work out.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
phawx
lightly modded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory
I acually heard a story that if you use your phone and talk to someone with ur spare key, he can press the unlock button and u put ur phone near the car sensor that it will open!! I dont think its truu but hey it could work out.
Hrrmm... interesting. Another urban legend to be tested out lol. I dunno if it's possible but it's definitely worth a try next time!
Ya, I think with all the failsafes, locking your key into your truck is the ONLY way that you can lock yourself out of the car. I am NEVER changing my my truck ever again!

"Hi I'm Derek!"
2002 TiAg 325xi: 35% Tint - Eibach pro kit springs - Koni dampers - clears signal lights - taped moldings - 17" ZHP replica rims
phawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
phawx is right - urban legend.
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
ara325
holy old school...

Quote:
I heard the same thing, it might be a legend, but it's definitely worth a shot. With all the RF cell phones produce, i wouldn't be surprised if it works.

ethirty
ara325 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: