Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-25-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
Bimmer4ever
2nd Gear Member

Noise come from right side rear wheel

Just happened today... when I started the car and drove it out of my driveway I heard noise came from right side rear wheel..I didn't give it too much attantion cuz I'm almost late for work. but when the car hits the road and go over 10km/h I heard "pang" from the same location and then some scrub noise came, I drive the car really slowly and listen to it very carefully, seems like the noise came from the brake disc and caliper. Had a friend walking near the car and checked it out . He gave me the same answer, the noise comes from caliper and the brake disc..I don't konw why and yesterday was just fine ....

so I took the rim off and took a good look at the caliper...seems fine and I even tried to shake it a little bit, but it didn't shake. so ...Could anyone tell me what was wrong with my car ? and if possible,, how much would it cost me to fix it? I just done a rear brake disc and pads changing. so ..could it be the reason to this noise? lazy guys in the auto store didn't install the caliper into the right position? I can't drive the car now because the "pang" sounds really loud and it occurs every single time the rim rolls.. ..help plz...
Bimmer4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
kuds
I take pictures

Could also be your wheel bearing. It tends to make very akward noise at low speed, and it sounds like it's coming from the disc/caliper.
kuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #3
Bimmer4ever
2nd Gear Member

umm. thanks for the replay. the rear wheel bearing? Could it be anything else?

Last edited by Bimmer4ever; 07-26-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Parking brake stuck?

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #5
MANDD
Autobahn East

Noise from Rear

Sounds like the Parking Brake shoes, or you’re parking brake cable(s) may be sticking on.

Pull off the rear disc and have a look at the shoes and see if the material is pulling away from the metal seat.

Check the pins that hold the shoes on the backing plate for corrosion damage.

Check the operation of the parking brake cables left to right. With the rear wheels off the ground spin the wheel by hand while another person slowly (click by click) applies the parking brake.

Regards,
Mark
MANDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:36 PM   #6
Bimmer4ever
2nd Gear Member

Thank you Mark

Yes it is the problem with my parking shoes and pins..ordered a pair of e-brake kit for my car and will install it tomorrow..$550....my money..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: