Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
jeffrie
Addict

? for E36 powered E30 owners

Swapping in a e30 tranny into my E36 this weekend and little cunfused as to which direction the linkage has to go.
Did some research and found that it'll either have to be extended 1 3/4" or have some of it removed.
Anyone know of anyone who swapped tranny/engine for either model so I can get an Idea as to how to make the new linkage work?

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:33 AM   #2
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Hey did this ever work out for you? what tranny did you end up swapping into your e36?? any problems or hangups to overcome?

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
jeffrie
Addict

Ya tranny is in & out about 5 times now.
Still working on it but close to finished.
I wanted to use the e30 single mass flywheel & an upgraded clutch for my 318. This has caused me alot of problems I'v been trying to work out.
Main problem being I can't get the starter to work on the new fly wheel.
replaced it with various others even tried switching ring gears ect..
Very time cosuming and to no avil, will have to change out back to my duel mass flywheel and pathetic 318 clutch since upgraded clutch is too big to match up with the smaller contact patch on the duel mass, will have to re-use my e36 starter but in the end I should still be able to use the e30 tranny.
That's what I'm doing today & it better work.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.

Last edited by jeffrie; 07-22-2007 at 10:06 AM.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: