Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > RMP Motors
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
lmnop88
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up Chalk up another one for the good guys: RMP

First experience with RMP today and it's as good as everyone says. I love that place. Mark and Rocco are super easy going guys. They go beyond expectations.

Just had standard maintenance stuff done
- Inspection 1
- oil
- tranny oil

oh.. and my first mod!
- CDV removal (it's not a night and day difference as some people say, but it's definitely a lot easier to modulate now.)

Probably get some sort of short shifter installed by them as well soon

Thanks guys!
lmnop88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #2
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor

Thank you for the comments. I knew you would like the way the car drives with the CDV removed!

Rocco

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #3
kerisabe
Capturing the Impossible

Rocco forgot to call u this morning! Slept in. Ill call u Monday morning! Great job as usual guys!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #4
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
I remember when rocco did my CDV Delete. It was a great mod
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #5
lmnop88
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjoe
I remember when rocco did my CDV Delete. It was a great mod
It sure is! I'm already itching to do some other "minor" stuff. I used to be all "stock is just fine with me..." And now... this can't be good haha.

I'm itching to pull the trigger on a the UUC EVO3 SSK.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmnop88
It sure is! I'm already itching to do some other "minor" stuff. I used to be all "stock is just fine with me..." And now... this can't be good haha.

I'm itching to pull the trigger on a the UUC EVO3 SSK.
man you should get that, it's SICK, but make sure you get the DSSR with the SSK..... i just got my DSSR i'm just waiting for few more parts to get here then i'll be back at RMP
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #7
lmnop88
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
man you should get that, it's SICK, but make sure you get the DSSR with the SSK..... i just got my DSSR i'm just waiting for few more parts to get here then i'll be back at RMP
ohh... damn you!! You're not helping by this

hahah.

Yea, I'd get the DSSR for sure (even though I'm not really sure what it does but everyone says it's better with).

Not that I need to or anything, I'm looking to sell my xbox360 soon anyways, so I'll prob get it then. Damn, but I have so many other things I want to buy

Did you find the EVO3 to be really stiff in the beginning?

EDIT: I just went and read up on the DSSR on the UUC site. All makes sense to me now

Last edited by lmnop88; 05-14-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:16 AM   #8
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ohh... damn you!! You're not helping by this

hahah.

Yea, I'd get the DSSR for sure (even though I'm not really sure what it does but everyone says it's better with).

Not that I need to or anything, I'm looking to sell my xbox360 soon anyways, so I'll prob get it then. Damn, but I have so many other things I want to buy

Did you find the EVO3 to be really stiff in the beginning?

EDIT: I just went and read up on the DSSR on the UUC site. All makes sense to me now
yeah, like it, do u have a 5 or 6spd, the only thing is when i put it into 6th it's kida wierd and not straight down like every gear, it has a curv, i think the ppl that did the instal at first did it wrong(i wish i new RMP then!!) so when i put in the dssr will take a look at that, other then that i love it, it's nice and short

btw, take a look at e46fanatics, UUC has some specials there, they had one if u buy a ssk you get a shift nob for FREE.....

Last edited by 330ci05; 05-16-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #9
lmnop88
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
yeah, like it, do u have a 5 or 6spd, the only thing is when i put it into 6th it's kida wierd and not straight down like every gear, it has a curv, i think the ppl that did the instal at first did it wrong(i wish i new RMP then!!) so when i put in the dssr will take a look at that, other then that i love it, it's nice and short

btw, take a look at e46fanatics, UUC has some specials there, they had one if u buy a ssk you get a shift nob for FREE.....
Good to hear that things got worked out for you. I just have a 5spd

Thanks for the info

I'm debating whether I should order from the US or Canada. Always fear the shipping man and his brokerage fees. Hold me
Old 05-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #10
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Good to hear that things got worked out for you. I just have a 5spd

Thanks for the info

I'm debating whether I should order from the US or Canada. Always fear the shipping man and his brokerage fees. Hold me

order from US and ship it to US address and drive over ...... the dssr is so small, just put it in ur jacket or something and claim just the ssk and u'll pay gst and pst on it and ur on ur way back
Old 05-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #11
lmnop88
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
order from US and ship it to US address and drive over ...... the dssr is so small, just put it in ur jacket or something and claim just the ssk and u'll pay gst and pst on it and ur on ur way back
I see I see. Good to know. I can see it at the border crossing now, "Sir, what do you have in your pants?"

"er...."

haha.

Hey man - I keep forgetting to ask you. So, did the SSK lower your shifter height? I've seen images where it lowers it quite dramatically. I don't know if I'd like that.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #12
lmnop88
2nd Gear Member

Thread revival

Gonna revive one of my old threads.

Some of you guys are probably going to think I'm nuts, but here's what happened.

Went and got my windows tinted by a shop that's been mentioned on this forum before. Coincidentally, my sunroof shade got busted. Not sure if it was just one of those things that just happened or if the tint shop was responsible, but now I had a busted shade.

Supposedly, it's fixable under warranty. Call around dealerships. Pain in the ass to book appointments, arrange a car or ride to work.... then it's not even guaranteed that my car will get fixed that day. What a pain, since I know it's a quick job, but I just don't have the tools for it.

Couldn't stand having the thing busted, so I went and bought the parts. Went to RMP. They did the job in 30 minutes. DONE! SO WORTH the extra few bucks. Can't stand dealing with stealerships.

RMP gave me a great price and amazing service, as ALWAYS .... ANNNDD... now I'm rocking some stickers on my car! haha. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd have stickers on my car!!

Thanks to RMP and the boys!!

Rocco - I hope you're feeling better and things work out with your 5er.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9134_R.jpg (62.1 KB, 82 views)
Old 07-18-2007, 12:01 AM   #13
notjoe
600rwhp here i come

Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Quote:
Gonna revive one of my old threads.

Some of you guys are probably going to think I'm nuts, but here's what happened.

Went and got my windows tinted by a shop that's been mentioned on this forum before. Coincidentally, my sunroof shade got busted. Not sure if it was just one of those things that just happened or if the tint shop was responsible, but now I had a busted shade.

Supposedly, it's fixable under warranty. Call around dealerships. Pain in the ass to book appointments, arrange a car or ride to work.... then it's not even guaranteed that my car will get fixed that day. What a pain, since I know it's a quick job, but I just don't have the tools for it.

Couldn't stand having the thing busted, so I went and bought the parts. Went to RMP. They did the job in 30 minutes. DONE! SO WORTH the extra few bucks. Can't stand dealing with stealerships.

RMP gave me a great price and amazing service, as ALWAYS .... ANNNDD... now I'm rocking some stickers on my car! haha. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd have stickers on my car!!

Thanks to RMP and the boys!!

Rocco - I hope you're feeling better and things work out with your 5er.
Ah, that was you i saw there! Your car is looking sweet, i wanted to fondle it but i didnt think you'd like my prints all over it
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:23 AM   #14
lmnop88
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjoe
Ah, that was you i saw there! Your car is looking sweet, i wanted to fondle it but i didnt think you'd like my prints all over it
haha... ohh... so, that's YOU with the crazy project e36 + LS1 engine?! (I'm sure I got those details wrong )

Nah... it's just a regular 325 with the usual sport + prem. Nothing special

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: