Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-05-2003, 05:18 PM   #1
MGYVER
2nd Gear Member

Motronix Shortshifter Installation

Hi,

I am planning on purchasing this in the next week or so and I'm wondering if anyone has put one in themselves. Is this truly a one hour job and can I do it all from inside the cabin or will I need to jack the car and get in from underneath ?

Any comments would be appreciated !
Thanks
MGYVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 05:37 PM   #2
e30m52power
3rd Gear Member

Hi-

I am not sure what the Motronix kit includes, but 90% of shiffter swaps (if your changing the bearings etc) require alot of it to be done from under the car. The swaps are pritty straightforward. If you have any problems removing the "POS WHITE LOCKING THING" that goes around the ball of the shift lever, let me know, I know a few tricks to make it easier for ya. Good Luck!
e30m52power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 02:54 PM   #3
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
What kind of shifter is this? The entire kit or just the lever?

If it's just the lever it shouldn't take you more than 30 min with the proper tools. You will need to get under the car though to remove a "C" clip which connects the lever to the rest of the transmission.

Removing the shifter boot, all the rubber and crap is easy. Actually removing the shifter lever is next to impossible. You will need a special angled screw driver which is almost 90 degrees at the bottom. This will be used to yank the shifter lever out. After you've done that the hardest part is over, everything else is pretty much straight foward.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 03:15 PM   #4
MGYVER
2nd Gear Member

Shifter

Thanks for the help,

Sounds like I may just have to pay Chuck a little visit...

H.
MGYVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 03:38 PM   #5
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
http://www.driversedge.com/shifter.htm

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 03:34 AM   #6
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Re: Shifter

Quote:
Originally posted by MGYVER
Thanks for the help,

Sounds like I may just have to pay Chuck a little visit...

H.
Yeah Charlie (Bimmersport) has this tool. Just talk to him about it, he can get you good deals on the shifter as well.

Bry
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: