Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Eurostyle Design
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,712
Eurostyle Design Inc, Ripping People Off

Well i cant beleive what is happening, after doing business with Fil in the past ive had nothing but good experiences with him. Two months ago i purchased a transmission for my 93 320 from Fil. He informed me that the tranny he was selling me was from a 318, ok no problem... i specifically asked him twice through pm's if this tranny would work without a problem. He informed me that he spoke with Charlie at bimmersport and that he said it will work with "no problem", i expressed my concern and asked again if it would work, he reasured me a second time, then let me know that if i had any problems to just bring it back and he would refund me my money. Never once did he give me a time limit to bring back the part.
Low an behold, 2 months later im here installing this tranny (ive been busy with work thats why i had to wait so long to get started on it) and this thing will not work without modification. Where the slave cylinder bolts up to the tranny is completely different.
So having the reasurance that he gave me through pm and when i was at his shop, i call him up today to let him know that the tranny will not work. To my surprise he tells me he cannot take it back and if he can do anything about it he'll go half on it with me and give me $100, i paid $200 for the tranny.
This is not acceptable, he sold me the tranny under the impression that he would refund my money if i had any problems.. which i did, and also he never gave me a time limit of how long i could wait before returning the part.
This is very unaceptable, very unprofessional, and most of all down right wrong.
I never expected this from Fil, again we have done business transactions many times, so im not 2 sure why he would do this to one of his regular customers. Anyways even though its only $200 i will be taking Fil to small claims court, Unless Fil would like to refund my $200 or supply me with another tranny that will fit without modifications i will withdraw my complaint and return the tranny he sold me.
Im posting this for others to becarefull when doing business with this company, i dont want someone else being taken advantage of like i have.

Fil, i hope you find it in your heart to do the right thing.. im a straight up guy and i thought you were aswell. Lets take care of this in a professional manner.
DriveItSideways is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
umm i hate to be a bitch, but isn t it your responibility to see if it fits?
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #3
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style
umm i hate to be a bitch, but isn t it your responibility to see if it fits?

Actually im glad you asked, no its not my responsibility as a buyer. As a seller i have to make sure that im selling my product that will properly suit your need. If you bought a brake rotor from canadian tire and it didnt fit, are u gonna sit there and say "oh well i should have known it wont fit" ? i highly doubt that you are that stupid.
DriveItSideways is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
Actually im glad you asked, no its not my responsibility as a buyer. As a seller i have to make sure that im selling my product that will properly suit your need. If you bought a brake rotor from canadian tire and it didnt fit, are u gonna sit there and say "oh well i should have known it wont fit" ? i highly doubt that you are that stupid.
yes and no, if he was sure it was to fit, then i agree with you 100%. If he said it MIGHT fit, then you should of checked, eitherway, i hope it works out for the best.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:49 PM   #5
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style
yes and no, if he was sure it was to fit, then i agree with you 100%. If he said it MIGHT fit, then you should of checked, eitherway, i hope it works out for the best.
Not only did he reasure me that it would fit without any problems, he gave me a refrence from bimmersport (Charlie) that he said it would fit with no problems. Infact both of them were dead wrong. I will be posting up pics of the differences in the trannys, a mcdonalds clerk could tell you it wouldnt work.

EDIT: I called Fil back just now, he said he wants to go half on it with me, i would bring back the tranny and he would give me $100. What i cant understand is how that is half way? i gave him the inital 200 for the tranny, so now hes gonna give me 100 and then he can sell the tranny again for 200?? hes making a double profit on my loss, now this is making me even more fed up. Im still in shock that a max sponser who ive done business with would do something like this.

Last edited by DriveItSideways; 02-24-2007 at 03:52 PM.
DriveItSideways is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
Not only did he reasure me that it would fit without any problems, he gave me a refrence from bimmersport (Charlie) that he said it would fit with no problems. Infact both of them were dead wrong. I will be posting up pics of the differences in the trannys, a mcdonalds clerk could tell you it wouldnt work.

EDIT: I called Fil back just now, he said he wants to go half on it with me, i would bring back the tranny and he would give me $100. What i cant understand is how that is half way? i gave him the inital 200 for the tranny, so now hes gonna give me 100 and then he can sell the tranny again for 200?? hes making a double profit on my loss, now this is making me even more fed up. Im still in shock that a max sponser who ive done business with would do something like this.
Youre in the green. Thats a shitty thing to do. Fil, do the right thing.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #7
staydown
aka sTTaydown
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Grimsby
Posts: 110
Send a message via MSN to staydown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
a mcdonalds clerk could tell you it wouldnt work.
So why didn't you ask a McDonalds clerk before you bought the thing?

you - "Umm can you gimme a number 4 combo, oh and will this tranny fit my car"

McD person - "no sir it won't, do you want some ketchup with your fries"

Personally, there is a level of expectation that when someone tells you that you can bring something back you have a obligation to ensure compatibility within a "reasonable timeframe", and 2 months isn't reasonable.
staydown is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #8
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing
 
BMW_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kiev
Posts: 8,362
Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Sorry to hear that this happened to you.. I don't know Fil that well but he seemed like an OK guy the few times I did business with him, although I feel that Luxtec and Bimmersport are more suited for the purpose....so that said I would probably go to them first, even if I had to pay a little more.
__________________
Vitaliy



Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 11:56 PM   #9
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor
 
Eurostyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Milton
Posts: 14,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
Sorry to hear that this happened to you.. I don't know Fil that well but he seemed like an OK guy the few times I did business with him, although I feel that Luxtec and Bimmersport are more suited for the purpose....so that said I would probably go to them first, even if I had to pay a little more.

I deal with Bimmersport on daily basis, and many of the parts sold/used by him are from Eurostyle!
__________________
BIMMER HEAVEN
Specialized in BMW recycling, all OEM used parts
Up to 90% off new cost!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4


Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline  
Old 02-25-2007, 10:45 AM   #10
punnzzells
Banned
 
punnzzells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: toronto
Posts: 4,724
Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle
I deal with Bimmersport on daily basis, and many of the parts sold/used by him are from Eurostyle!

ahhh... Fil, I bought eyelids for my E30 5 years ago... I never installed them and sold my E30... I want my money back.... you said that they'd take 1 or 2 coats of paint.... I had to put 4 - one primer, two coats of paint, and one high gloss coat... that's 4.. you said 2...

i will contact you 3 years from now.... thanks!

mike
punnzzells is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #11
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing
 
BMW_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kiev
Posts: 8,362
Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I think it's simply the fact that Fil said that he will take it back and didn't.
__________________
Vitaliy



Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #12
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
I think it's simply the fact that Fil said that he will take it back and didn't.
I missed that, ok blackout i agree with u 100%. hope it works out.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #13
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,334
I can't speculate much, I don't know the exact details, BUT,
Unfortunately, not many will take a part 2 months after you've initially bought it from them. Not even large stores like CT or other shops.
Anyway, I am sure you will work this out. Posting on Max is not the way to do it.
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now  
Old 02-24-2007, 04:33 PM   #14
DriveItSideways
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: .
Posts: 3,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
I can't speculate much, I don't know the exact details, BUT,
Unfortunately, not many will take a part 2 months after you've initially bought it from them. Not even large stores like CT or other shops.
Anyway, I am sure you will work this out. Posting on Max is not the way to do it.

I run an auto repair shop, i have accounts with almost 20 parts suppliers, for example NAPA AUTO PARTS

I just returned a full stock of timing belts to them that were 5 years old, full of dust from sitting in my parts room all that time. I never returned them before because THEY TOLD ME HOW LONG I HAVE UNTIL I NEED TO RETURN THE PARTS
Fil at no point specified his company policy to me about part return time, this is his and only his responsibilty as a business owner.

edit: Posting on max is one of the best ways to get my point across, Fil told me straight out hes gonna play ball if i take further actions, this is his home court so here i am.

Last edited by DriveItSideways; 02-24-2007 at 04:36 PM.
DriveItSideways is offline  
Old 02-24-2007, 06:44 PM   #15
Spartiatis
6th Gear Member
 
Spartiatis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: THE HAMMER
Posts: 1,458
Send a message via ICQ to Spartiatis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
I can't speculate much, I don't know the exact details, BUT,
Unfortunately, not many will take a part 2 months after you've initially bought it from them. Not even large stores like CT or other shops.
Anyway, I am sure you will work this out. Posting on Max is not the way to do it.
Why is posting on max not the way to do it??
__________________
///M means "MotorSport" for the E30 ///M3
but
for the E36 M3, M means "Marketing"
Spartiatis is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.