Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-15-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

What do you consider a high end sub?

What are the highend subs on the market right now and what makes them so good? Also if you had to rank the best subs that were made, which ones would you pick?
vegabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

what is your buget??www.mobilesq.com is there is some too..
Old 12-15-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
what is your buget??www.mobilesq.com is there is some too..
its for a friend, he has not told me what his budget is, but thats why i am just tryin to get a feel of what people find are good drivers on the market. I have been hearing about focal, Image Dynamics, Jl. But they seem to be all big market names. Is there a palce where you can check out these drives paul?
Old 12-16-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

go to their web site and look for a dealer near you....
Old 12-16-2006, 11:58 PM   #5
Skeezix
2nd Gear Member

Is he lookin' for new or used? I have an MB Quart PWE-304 12inch 600rms sub for sale in an 1.39 cubic foot square box made of 1in MDF. Sounds really good, hits the kick drum hard and digs nice and deep. Asking $300 if interested.
Skeezix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:14 AM   #6
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix
Is he lookin' for new or used? I have an MB Quart PWE-304 12inch 600rms sub for sale in an 1.39 cubic foot square box made of 1in MDF. Sounds really good, hits the kick drum hard and digs nice and deep. Asking $300 if interested.
I can ask this guy, but so just incase he askes, how would compare it to say the
three major name brands - Image dynamics, JL, Focal?
Old 12-17-2006, 07:21 PM   #7
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

i'd go with kickers or alpines
Sony sucks, JL was ok
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:36 PM   #8
Skeezix
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't really say those 3 would be the 'big 3' cuz there's so much to choose from really. JL, Image Dynamics, AVI, Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, and many more all have their good subs. I can't say which one's are best, but I can tell you from owning JL Audio, AVI, and MB Quart that I've liked them all and all pretty much did want I wanted them to do with the right enclosure, hit hard and dig low.
I would personally keep my MB Quart but I'm going to a 15inch so I won't have a need for it. The PWE-304 requires a lot of power. So if your friend just wants a little extra bass to add to his system without a big amp, I wouldn't recommend this sub. If he wants it good and loud with good all around SQ type bass and has a big amp, then this'll do nicely.

Paul might know better too.
Skeezix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:36 PM   #9
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

there is so mmany out there,but it is what sound good to you at the end,I am running JL 10w04s x2 right now,in the past I have Boston's,MTXs,old Kicker and AVI and I to like them all just the sound was diffrent.......DLS,MASS,Genesis,JBL9gti) and more....for an expale MASS is like 2 grand...so that is why I have asked your buget is.......
Old 12-18-2006, 06:39 PM   #10
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

Pioneer PREMIER Series High High End Subs
Mine are The SPL compition ones
Old 12-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #11
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

^^there ok man,but there is better out there......but you have pay to play......but at the end you like them....
Old 12-19-2006, 02:52 AM   #12
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

these are my bad boys i totaly love them theyre off the hook they are way more than i expected i can feed 1500 watts into them no problem and im talking RMS also ....

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...020681,00.html
Old 12-19-2006, 02:05 PM   #13
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Wide open topic here. Anyways, I've played around with a lot of subs and various level of power, expensive and inexpensive stuff. And there's a lot of SHIT banged around in the car audio community....... flavour of the day and so on and so forth. So a few points.

Most importantly is that you MUST have the right sized enclosure for the driver to work properly as spec'd. You CANNOT take a high end sub or an Sq sub and toss it in a pre-made box and expect it to sound awesome. If you do that, you are a moron. To get the right box designed, you're likely going to have to pay for that design work. Most good designers use the TS driver parameters and enter it on software called LEAP.

Then, you'll need someone competent to have the box built properly.

Product. My favourite SQ sub is the Image Dynamics IDQ. It's not the most expensive, it's not the loudest and it's not the prettiest to look at........... but it's still the best sounding sub on the market for SQ for what you pay.......... for double or triple that amount you still can not beat it's performance. It's that good. No one I know that is serious about sound quality that owns one and has installed it properly has EVER complained.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:20 PM   #14
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

thanks guys for the input. I told him to first determine what he wants, and he wants more SQ (mainly for his dad), but every once in a while you know how us kids are, just want to impress that chick and set off the car alarm next to us. Thats why i am having a hard time suggesting what to get. Its getting to the point where i am telling him to go SONY XPLODES cause i cant figure it out. The subs i have seen at least on the market are either loud or for SQ, not both.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #15
blitztek
1st Gear Newbie

Kickers all the way If you can't afford them, go with PIONEER!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: