Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
mint
1st Gear Newbie

Rim Cleaner!

Hey Guys I just purchased some used BBS winter rims. They are in fair condition but do need alittle bit of elbow grease to clean them up. I will have to make the trip to Canadian Tire to get some rim cleaner spray. My question is what do you guys use from experience and what works best?

Cheers!
mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
europrince
6th Gear Member

I'd use Meguiar's rim paste. It sells for like $10 at Canadian Tire and does wonders for oxidation on rims. It cleans up my rims wonderfully after winter abuse. The link below isn't the same label as what I had, but it gives you an idea.
http://www.meguiarscanada.com/index....action=detail&

Last edited by europrince; 10-30-2006 at 07:47 PM.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:35 PM   #3
fitz318is
2nd Gear Member

For brake dust simple green does the job.
fitz318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
kerisabe
Capturing the Impossible

Check out MEGUIARS Wheel spray.. the color of the bottle is purple. They work amazing. And don't put 2 coats of WHEELWAX right after you clean the wheels. It'll keep the brakedust not to stick on the wheel surface. Easy cleaning.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
negative.

never dull. read up on it, buy it, use it, done.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

BMW Wheel Cleaner.

Cheap (dealer item), and by far the best I have ever tried. They just updated it this year too, so for those that only know the older spray type the new one is more like a gel...it's badass.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #7
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
BMW Wheel Cleaner.

Cheap (dealer item), and by far the best I have ever tried. They just updated it this year too, so for those that only know the older spray type the new one is more like a gel...it's badass.
Wow that is great product. I have also tried EVERY wheel cleaner on our shelf and with this one, i was amazed cause i didnt even have to take a rag thru the spokes. jst spray it, let it sit and then water it off. and its only 9.99 @ dealer. Worth EVERY PENNY!!.

www.StanceFactory.com
ZiMMie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #8
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie
Wow that is great product. I have also tried EVERY wheel cleaner on our shelf and with this one, i was amazed cause i didnt even have to take a rag thru the spokes. jst spray it, let it sit and then water it off. and its only 9.99 @ dealer. Worth EVERY PENNY!!.

Cool, I'll have to try that out next season. I've always been using castrol super clean + pressure washer. Cleans weaves really nicely, but eats paint.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:49 PM   #9
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie

Just bought this today from BMW Mississauga on my way back from campus. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and post the before and after pics

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:13 PM   #10
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k
Just bought this today from BMW Mississauga on my way back from campus. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and post the before and after pics
Well, I cleaned the rims just now and let me tell you - this is, hands down the GREATEST clenaing expereince I have had with rims. The best $10 I've spent!!!! They just SPARKLE now and it was so easy! I simply sprayed it, waited a few minutes and used a brush/sponge to wipe off the excess dirt/brake-dust and then gave it a rinse. Unfortunatley, I forgot to take the before pics but let me assur eyou, the rims were VERY dirty, almost a ghetto gunmetal look. However, here are some of the end product! I didn't give my full 100% when cleaning with the sponge between spokes and such since it was too cold, but it turned out amazing anyways!

Onto the pics.. (I know my car looks like ass... still waiting on front clears and window tints )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00413.jpg (40.1 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00414.jpg (55.8 KB, 353 views)

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:55 AM   #11
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k
Well, I cleaned the rims just now and let me tell you - this is, hands down the GREATEST clenaing expereince I have had with rims. The best $10 I've spent!!!! They just SPARKLE now and it was so easy! I simply sprayed it, waited a few minutes and used a brush/sponge to wipe off the excess dirt/brake-dust and then gave it a rinse. Unfortunatley, I forgot to take the before pics but let me assur eyou, the rims were VERY dirty, almost a ghetto gunmetal look. However, here are some of the end product! I didn't give my full 100% when cleaning with the sponge between spokes and such since it was too cold, but it turned out amazing anyways!

Onto the pics.. (I know my car looks like ass... still waiting on front clears and window tints )
no offence but you need new center caps bro

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:53 AM   #12
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
BMW Wheel Cleaner.

used it for a while now and love It, donno what they put in it but man does it work...

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:08 PM   #13
jeffrie
Addict

Cheapest and easiest to obtain is pool liner cleaner.
PM Smashed323 if you need specifics for product, but even hard core mucle car enthusiestes changed over after this guys' recomendations.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #14
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Glad to hear it worked well man, and yeah, you should be the expert on these cleaners.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:12 AM   #15
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

I am using 40/10/50 pro stuff,and what I mean is wheel acied. water and car soap....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: