Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-25-2002, 12:39 AM   #1
rico328i
5th Gear Member

new M5 spin and crash

Does anyone know this person? Or heard about this incident? Apparently. A couple of weeks ago. It was one of those days that we (Toronto - GTA) actually got some snow that stayed. Late evening. A friend of mine who's also a serious BMW fan witnessed the whole thing. Anyhow. My friend's doing about 70km/hr southbound on the 410 due to the slippery conditions. And all of a sudden some young guy in a dark new M5 flies by doing at least 120km/hr. My friend just keeps his eye on him thinking that he may have had some serious snow tires on the car....which probably wouldn't have mattered. Sure enough, after a couple of seconds......the inevitable happened. Buddy lost grip and spun the car at least twice.....smacking the back end on a guard rail and then literally bouncing back on the road. Possibly even damaging the wheels. My friend couldn't tell. So buddy pulls over onto the shoulder, gets out, looks at the damage, gets back into the car and takes off again! Like nothing happened. Back to speed! I hope he has an excuse for driving like an idiot in those conditions!!!!!! Danger to himself and others.

Oh well. Thought I'd share this little story with you guys!

Rico
rico328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 02:11 AM   #2
Bliss
Administrator

Damn! I don't know him, or heard of the story, but that's crazy! The guy just came out, looked and left?? LOL! The guy better be either super loaded, or the car better have been stolen. I know i would be in shock if i seen that. nice story! poor M5

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 06:03 PM   #3
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
ouch

He better not be one of those BMW owners who just has money to fix anything and drives the car like he doesn't give a shit abot what happens to it.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:42 PM   #4
rico328i
5th Gear Member

M5 owner...

An M5 owner with money????? YOu think??? hahaha. Who knows? Maybe buddy was just in too much shock? I know I'd be. On the other hand, it could have been stolen? Guess we'll never know.

Lesson to learn here : don't drive like an idiot in bad weather!

Rico
rico328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 06:46 PM   #5
djbeemer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to djbeemer
maybe he just stole it
djbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 07:59 PM   #6
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

stolenstolenstolenstolenstolenstolenstolenstolenst olenstolenstolenstolenstolenstolenstolenstolenstol enstolenstolenstolenstolenstolenstolenstolenstolen stolenstolenstolenstolenstolenstolenstolen
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: