Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-25-2006, 12:06 PM   #1
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Jvc KD-AVX2

anyone have any experience with this headunit? ill be visitin a JVC dealer sometime this week to chk it out. i really lke it cause of 3.5 Screen. 7" Screen are overplayed. i wonder about the sound quality tho

JVC loaded the KD-AVX2 in-dash DVD player with so many great features, it makes the ideal centerpiece for your mobile video system. The highlight: a 3.5" screen built right into the faceplate that lets you watch DVD videos while you're parked, or load your own custom images onto the display. It plays a wide variety of formats, and allows you to expand your system into a full-blown mobile theater.

You'll be able to play your standard and home-burned CDs and DVDs. And JVC's Giga MP3 feature lets you play up to 100 hours' worth of MP3 files on a single recordable DVD. That's a whole lot of entertainment, without having to carry around your entire CD collection.

Surround sound
The KD-AVX2 features on-board 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, plus preamp outputs for a powered center-channel speaker and a powered subwoofer. With the right speaker setup in your car, you'll really be able to enjoy the thrilling channel separation that surround sound provides. And few things sound as good as music on DVD-Audio, so you audiophiles will be happy to know that the KD-AVX2 will play your high-end DVD-Audio discs, too.

Expand your system
The audio/video output gives you the option of connecting a backseat video screen and a set of wireless headphones, so the folks in back can keep watching a movie while you're driving. Meanwhile, you can enjoy the radio up front without being disturbed.

Add a compatible XM or SIRIUS radio, and you'll be able to enjoy coast-to-coast broadcasts of the best radio entertainment around. An audio/video input lets you connect another source, like a video game console, VCR, or backup camera. And the preamp outputs make it easier to add external amplifiers for even more power.

Details:

DVD/CD receiver with built-in amplifer (20 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
CEA-2006 compliant
3.5" TFT LCD monitor built into the motorized, fold-down faceplate
on-screen display of JPEG images
plays DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, Video CDs, and MP3/WMA/WAV discs
Giga MP3 capability will play up to 100 hours of MP3/WMA files burned onto a single recordable DVD
DVD-Audio compatible
on-board 5.1 surround-sound decoding
7-band iEQ
XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready (you can add satellite radio for under $100, plus subscription)
CD changer controls
audio/video input (can be switched between audio/video and backup camera modes)
audio/video output
dual-zone mode
front, rear, center channel, and subwoofer preamp outputs
HS-IV AM/FM tuner
wireless remote
warranty: 1 year
Want more peace of mind? Extended Service Plans Available
designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
retail?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

retail from JVC's site is 649.99CND
about 400$US on ebay.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:42 PM   #4
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
i heard the screen is too small to really do any good but it is a good way to keep a stockish size and have a full colour screen with dvd playback

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

really i think i can bare with the screen with a small screen. i cant find any JVC dealers with it on a demo shelf. damn it.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:54 PM   #6
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

i have one like that but sony....same s**t tho....im a big audio guy.....trust me dont do it....unless u have the extra money layin around, plus i have never been a big fan of jvc ( sound q imo is never the greatest), and yea the screen is hard to do much with i tried ps2, dvds....ps2 worked ok but ONLY 1 player lol, a dvds r ok if you arnt moving.... on my sony i can upload pictures onto it thats the only reason i got mine (plus got it for a steal!) but anyways just my opinion.

edit** its just a spin off of mine!

$500bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:36 AM   #7
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
hahaha...imagine trying to play 2 player GT4 on it around the n'ring.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:50 PM   #8
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Zimmie, you had a flip out screen back in the day didn't you?

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:04 PM   #9
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer
Zimmie, you had a flip out screen back in the day didn't you?
Yea i had a Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD. Got it lke a day or two after it was release.

Ended up visitin JVC headquarter to chk out this unit. Didnt know that they were jst 2min away from me.
overall, i was impress of the unit. i really lke how the unit its design with the small Screen Which is jst perfect for me. But took me about 20min ****in with the EQ's and still did lke how it sounded. the only feature i lked about the deck was the Giga MP3 which allows u to dump Mp3s on a DVDR. but wat good is that if u it doesnt sound good. the only way ill get this deck is to add a sound process or EQT which will cost a shit load of money i dont have.

overall ill give it 6/10 .
Old 04-29-2006, 10:54 PM   #10
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

dont do it!! i can get good screens or a half decent price! lemme know

$500bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #11
Qube
5th Gear Member

It's a great unit. EASILY defeatable for passengers to view while you're driving (versus say... damn Pioneer AVIC-N3 !!). The only noe peeve I have with it is you cannot use a custom wallpaper.

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #12
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
i dunno about the small screen, but as for jvc i fukin love the company, my home stereo is jvc, and most every product i buy is made by them. ive never been dissapointed... but that lil screen.... just dont see the point

but your car, dont let people tell you what to do, judge on the factors good vs bad when it comes to quality, then bring your taste and style into effect.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:21 PM   #13
Rally318ti
3rd Gear Member

I'm getting this deck!!! Perfect for my Sony 6.5 widescreen in the rear......& the fact if I get pulled ova it'll look like a normal deck

FOR SALE:

Orion Cobalt 465 4 channel Excellent shape $150

Also have E30, E36, Z3 318ti KMAC REAR CAMBER KIT BNIB opened. New Price $60
Rally318ti is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: