Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-01-2006, 12:37 PM   #1
Supershyguy
2nd Gear Member

Korean BBQ down town - Worst Service Ever

Went to the Korean BBQ down town a few days ago

Not sure of the name but its the same owner as the one at commerce Gate korean bbq

it was pretty packed. they do have 2 opening for 6 people

but they decided to put us in a table for 4, meaning 6 people with one Grill.

I asked them about moving us to the table for 6, they said that there is a reservation. mean while some a couple left leaving a table of 4 and a table of 2 right beside each other. I asked if we can move there. they said no. no reason. no nothing.

at this point I am kinda pissed already. if any one have ate Korean BBQ before you know it would take a lot longer to eat if there is only 1 grill shared between 6 people.

what really pissed me off is this guy Jeff. in a black shirt wearing glasses.

we were sitting right beside where they put the sauce and stuff. my girl friend saw some hot sauce and everyone was so busy. so she reached over and got it. (which I am not saying its the right thing to do) at this time Jeff came over, grab the bottle from her and said "If you want anything let me get it for you" in a very rude rude manner. and who would grab things from a customers hand? well that pretty much killed everyone's mood. we just finished eating and left. everyone else that served us was pretty good except for this guy Jeff. so we still left a tip. but let me tell ya. it was the first time that I didnt want to leave a tip.

And look what I found on the net. I have been worried about it for a while but I am pretty sure this guy is not lying

Bottom of the page

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read....D=2785&page=13

Quote:
Ok since some of you guys are talking about korean bbq. I'll tell you guys something about commerce Gate korean bbq. After you read this i think some of you will stop going there.

I have a frd that used to work there and told me how bad it is inside and how i should not eat there

-meat/food drops in the kitchen then places back on the tray without cleaning it.
-seafood or any left over food are reused for another table.
-the clamps that you use they only throw in a bucket of water with soap then they wipe it off and give to the customers
-The gloves that they use when they were inside are so dirty it made my frd have skin irritation on his hand.
-last but not least the workers there don't use the utensils/ bowls/ dishes there because it's too dirty.

All of the things i said above are true and is not bs. After reading this you guys can make your decision next time if you want to go or not.

Just posting here so you guys are aware. And i know many places are dirty in the kitchen and as long as you do'nt see/know it its clean but now you know you guys can decide.
Last edited by: Pearl_Hatch on 17-11-05 14:03:03
Supershyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
anfreny
2nd Gear Member

-____________-
anfreny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #3
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

lots of restaurants are like this, especially asian ones (chinatown)

i've never really seen a busy chinese restaurant (unless it's new) that isn't disguisting in the kitchen... and the list from that post the guy made, i assume all of them as being common in alot of restaurants. except for "-seafood or any left over food are reused for another table."

i've never had korean bbq, but i assume the seafod is raw... so i actually can see that being common that they "re-use" the seasfood for another table.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #4
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
and you didnt know this before? i went there once, and right away i knew how bad it was.... from service to foods. all 3 locations are the same.
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
After very much sleuthing and doing various brain things, i have managed to isolate your problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supershyguy

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #6
Supershyguy
2nd Gear Member

well ya usually I dont mind the service. but man, bitching at us for no reason is just too much

All I know is I am never going there again

Old 02-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #7
*Luv_it*
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supershyguy

Not sure of the name but its the same owner as the one at commerce Gate korean bbq

it was pretty packed. they do have 2 opening for 6 people

but they decided to put us in a table for 4, meaning 6 people with one Grill.

I asked them about moving us to the table for 6, they said that there is a reservation. mean while some a couple left leaving a table of 4 and a table of 2 right beside each other. I asked if we can move there. they said no. no reason. no nothing.

at this point I am kinda pissed already. if any one have ate Korean BBQ before you know it would take a lot longer to eat if there is only 1 grill shared between 6 people.

what really pissed me off is this guy Jeff. in a black shirt wearing glasses.

we were sitting right beside where they put the sauce and stuff. my girl friend saw some hot sauce and everyone was so busy. so she reached over and got it. (which I am not saying its the right thing to do) at this time Jeff came over, grab the bottle from her and said "If you want anything let me get it for you" in a very rude rude manner. and who would grab things from a customers hand? well that pretty much killed everyone's mood. we just finished eating and left. everyone else that served us was pretty good except for this guy Jeff. so we still left a tip. but let me tell ya. it was the first time that I didnt want to leave a tip.

And look what I found on the net. I have been worried about it for a while but I am pretty sure this guy is not lying

Bottom of the page

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read....D=2785&page=13
try the one on hwy7 and leslie..its really good...ive been a couple of times....and if ur worried about how clean they are check the toronto public health site(i get all my info from my sister who insepects restaurants downtown/danforth...i avoid all the ones she hasnt passed..lol)....they post which restaurants are a passing green and which are red
*Luv_it* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #8
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Luv_it*
try the one on hwy7 and leslie..its really good...ive been a couple of times....and if ur worried about how clean they are check the toronto public health site(i get all my info from my sister who insepects restaurants downtown/danforth...i avoid all the ones she hasnt passed..lol)....they post which restaurants are a passing green and which are red

dont beleive everything you read
Old 02-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #9
Supershyguy
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Luv_it*

I actually looked it up and they had problems a few months ago in the midland location
Old 02-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #10
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
I would have left a negative tip. I've done it before and I'll do it again
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #11
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

Its funny how the restaurent is called korean bbq when clearly its not even close. They just bring out the raw meat and grill infront of customer, this aint no freaking bbq. and the place you guys are refering to ones in richmondhill and one in downtown are owned by chinese guy and operated by chinese and cook by chinese in chinise style. THIS AINT NO ****ING KOREAN FOOD.

You wanna taste a real korean bbq? go down to christie/bloor korea town.

or on dufferein by yorkdale.

OR go to yong and steels, on steels, plaza where the swiss challete is. Infront of it, there is a korean BBQ.

oh yeah, korean food aint cheap, not like ALL YOU CAN EAT from chinese knockoffs. probably good bbq for 2 person will run you about 50 bucks.

anyway, WHAT you guys are refering to is knockoff chinese food. NOt korean bbq.

anyway, supershyguy, take that pic down, cause its bothering me when you didnt even get a chance to eat korean food.
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:57 AM   #12
Betray
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower1226
OR go to yong and steels, on steels, plaza where the swiss challete is. Infront of it, there is a korean BBQ.

you mean where the subway is? that ones really good but expensive
Old 02-02-2006, 10:03 AM   #13
Supershyguy
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower1226
Its funny how the restaurent is called korean bbq when clearly its not even close. They just bring out the raw meat and grill infront of customer, this aint no freaking bbq. and the place you guys are refering to ones in richmondhill and one in downtown are owned by chinese guy and operated by chinese and cook by chinese in chinise style. THIS AINT NO ****ING KOREAN FOOD.

You wanna taste a real korean bbq? go down to christie/bloor korea town.

or on dufferein by yorkdale.

oh yeah, korean food aint cheap, not like ALL YOU CAN EAT from chinese knockoffs. probably good bbq for 2 person will run you about 50 bucks.

anyway, WHAT you guys are refering to is knockoff chinese food. NOt korean bbq.

anyway, supershyguy, take that pic down, cause its bothering me when you didnt even get a chance to eat korean food.

I have been to all those Korean places before. all my friends are Korean so I know what Korean food is. I think you are missing my point.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #14
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
I didn't even read your thread, but I've been to that one twice and they had great service both times. It was pretty busy and they managed to bring shit fast, lots of them running around lol.

Edit: And after reading the thing you quoted it's probably true but so what, honestly every place is like that. GO get a job at fast food somehwere and see how it is. Shit when I went to cancun you should see how they "wash" the cups from the drinks...

Big deal..

Last edited by BlitzSix; 02-01-2006 at 06:50 PM.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:39 PM   #15
sirex
King Sirex

i never tip in chinese restaurants unless the service is good... there are so many to go to that its not worth tiping...

if you really wanted 2 grills then u shouldn't have sat down at the table with one and told them that... as for shitty waiters.. Just get up and leave.
One time i was at a chinese retaurant.. we ordered our food and after 30 minutes it still hadn't come..... when they finally came to our table we got up and left.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: