Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-29-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
DavidM5
Speed addict!!

Found an excellent rim refinisher

Just though I'll share a gem of a find recently.
I had a set of Racing Dynamics rims that were badly scuffed and believe it all 4 were bent refinished and looking brand new by Rim Techniques.

The work was done so well that I also brought in my SSR GT3 rims to be refinished.

They are located at Weston Rd and Finch.
416-740-3773, speak to Nigel.
Tell him that you got his name from David with the silver M5 and did his RD and SSR rims.
And no I do not work there or get cut backs!
Just saved alot of $$$ and a happy customer.

David
DavidM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
Miguel
...Delt Smash

what did they charge you?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
BMWF1

yeah what did they want....how much for just a lip refinish
Old 11-29-2005, 07:49 PM   #4
sloveniaboy
6th Gear Member

would also like to know how much, I've been looking for a good place
Old 11-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
buuuuump how much for straightening and refinishing?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 09:45 AM   #6
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
uh, he posted the phone number and the name of person to talk to, so you can find out how much.

I just called him.. (8:45am) .. I'm going to head down there now to show him my winter rims, find out how much to get them straightened. I'll post back with my findings. Now to haul those dirty ass rims in the car.. bah.

BTW.. for anyone who wants to pay them a visit, their address is 2300 Finch West - Unit 66.

Last edited by Justin e36; 11-30-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:35 AM   #7
325isRED
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
uh, he posted the phone number and the name of person to talk to, so you can find out how much.

I just called him.. (8:45am) .. I'm going to head down there now to show him my winter rims, find out how much to get them straightened. I'll post back with my findings. Now to haul those dirty ass rims in the car.. bah.

BTW.. for anyone who wants to pay them a visit, their address is 2300 Finch West - Unit 66.
keep us posted

'92 325is 5sp
325isRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:55 AM   #8
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Just got back.

Rim straightening (not refinishing) will cost:
$100
$100
$80
$75
-----
$355 cash / no tax.

This includes tire removal / mounting new (or same) tires + balancing. It will take around 2 days for them to do it. Seems like a decent price to me... though my rims are only visibly bent on the insides.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:36 PM   #9
shimajer
loudddddd

wow thats a great price,
i was wondering what does "refinishing" mean, can they paint them in another colour?
shimajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:24 AM   #10
Justin e36
---

Edit: So I went last night to drop my rims and new tires off. He changes the price... now he says it'll cost $15 per rim to put new tires on... (opposed to re-installing the tires that are already on the rim). What the hell. He said the first quote he gave me was $350 (not $355.. no complaints)... but $15-$20 per tire to mount & balance. So an additional $60.. bah.

Shimajer.. refinishing can include repainting. If your rim has curb rash, gashes, or needs to be repainted.. this is called "Refinishing". I didn't bother refinishing since these are my winter rims.. I really don't care about the curb rash. I just want them straight.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:21 PM   #11
shimajer
loudddddd

Quote:
Edit: So I went last night to drop my rims and new tires off. He changes the price... now he says it'll cost $15 per rim to put new tires on... (opposed to re-installing the tires that are already on the rim). What the hell. He said the first quote he gave me was $350 (not $355.. no complaints)... but $15-$20 per tire to mount & balance. So an additional $60.. bah.

Shimajer.. refinishing can include repainting. If your rim has curb rash, gashes, or needs to be repainted.. this is called "Refinishing". I didn't bother refinishing since these are my winter rims.. I really don't care about the curb rash. I just want them straight.
wow, thats bullshit, wats the difference between installin new tires and old ones?

anyhow, i think its still a good price, since tax is included.

another question: let say i just want to get my rims powdercoat to another colour, let say shadow gunmetal.. so basically i dont need to refinish my rims right? becasue i am painting them with another colour right? or do I still need to get them to fix the curb rash first?

fanks
jer
Old 12-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #12
Justin e36
---

Yeah I should be picking up my rims tomorrow. I'm going to take them back to the tire shop to get them mounted... drive a few mins, as save myself $20. Might as well.

You can have the curb rash fixed first if you need. Having them repainted + clear coated they can do as well. I'm sure it wouldn't be too expensive to do either..
Old 01-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #13
shimajer
loudddddd

Quote:
Yeah I should be picking up my rims tomorrow. I'm going to take them back to the tire shop to get them mounted... drive a few mins, as save myself $20. Might as well.

You can have the curb rash fixed first if you need. Having them repainted + clear coated they can do as well. I'm sure it wouldn't be too expensive to do either..
how was the result, Justin?
Old 12-09-2005, 11:01 AM   #14
SickFinga

Avoid at all costs

My wheel was rifinished there. Year later it started peeling.

I went back there, their response was
"Well you drive your car in winter, what do you want???"

very unprofessional!!!
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:10 PM   #15
DavidM5
Speed addict!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
Avoid at all costs

My wheel was rifinished there. Year later it started peeling.

I went back there, their response was
"Well you drive your car in winter, what do you want???"

very unprofessional!!!
Hey even brand new OEM rims will corrode if they are not washed often during the winter.

I am paranoid and wash my car and the rims almost everytime I drive it through salty roads and before parking it for the night.
It helps that I have a hand car wash 2 mins from my house.
But the rims on all my cars look brand new even after 4-5 years of winter driving.

Maintainence is the the key.
DavidM5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: