Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-10-2005, 10:33 PM   #1
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
quitting your addiction

Has anyone here tried to quit smoking?

Im trying to, its only been a day and a half. Im holding up ok so far just seeing if anyone's got any tips. Im using nicorette plus, the 4mg one, takes care of cravings pretty well, although after meals still itches a bit. My doc told me basically there are two threasholds, 3 days and a month.

so, like i was asking. any tips?

now if only they made a patch for german I6's... man that would save me some money.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:37 PM   #2
mirek
6th Gear Member

no tips, when i quit i did it cold turkey... just dont do it, that simple i guess? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
Has anyone here tried to quit smoking?

Im trying to, its only been a day and a half. Im holding up ok so far just seeing if anyone's got any tips. Im using nicorette plus, the 4mg one, takes care of cravings pretty well, although after meals still itches a bit. My doc told me basically there are two threasholds, 3 days and a month.

so, like i was asking. any tips?

now if only they made a patch for german I6's... man that would save me some money.
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

haha, that's a pretty good way

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Old 11-11-2005, 12:39 AM   #4
erikIS
bigcock

Yo bro,

I quit COLD TURKEY 1 1/2 weeks ago. I was smoking for two years straight... My wife stiill smokes, so she isn't a great help. I even had a urge to have one tonight.. but i just don't think about it and move on to something else.

power to you!
erikIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:50 AM   #5
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Smoking, please..... try being addicted to masturbation, now THATS an addiction. I've lost many friends because of this, and i tried to quit ONCE in 8 years, needless to say, that lasted about 37 hours!!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:42 AM   #6
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Smoking, please..... try being addicted to masturbation, now THATS an addiction. I've lost many friends because of this, and i tried to quit ONCE in 8 years, needless to say, that lasted about 37 hours!!

^^^ lol

I quit smoking a few years back, I was a heavy smoker for 8 years, when I quit, I just quit, if you have a strong will you'll have no problems

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:52 AM   #7
Razkal
6th Gear Member

I quit smoking as well 5 yrs ago after a 10 yr stint with the ciggies. The way that I did it was I had to go cold turkey. And its not until in your mind you have said that you are done with smoking that it will be effective.

You have to think that its time to get clean, healthy and that cigarettes disgust you. Now when I smell them, I get sick... lol which is a good thing. What I did was quit cold turkey and to combat cravings and keep myself busy I did alot of cardio to flush out toxins and worked out. Other than that I stayed out of bars and clubs for the first few months so that I would not see smokes. When I did go out, I held a straw in my hand to make myself feel like I had one. As funny as it sounds, it worked for me.

In any case, its tough to do but not impossible. Best of Luck with it! Your health and those who care about ya will thank ya

Need any assistance branding your company/services? :
http://www.bluemouse.ca

Razkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:14 AM   #8
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razkal 320i
I quit smoking as well 5 yrs ago after a 10 yr stint with the ciggies. The way that I did it was I had to go cold turkey. And its not until in your mind you have said that you are done with smoking that it will be effective.

You have to think that its time to get clean, healthy and that cigarettes disgust you. Now when I smell them, I get sick... lol which is a good thing. What I did was quit cold turkey and to combat cravings and keep myself busy I did alot of cardio to flush out toxins and worked out. Other than that I stayed out of bars and clubs for the first few months so that I would not see smokes. When I did go out, I held a straw in my hand to make myself feel like I had one. As funny as it sounds, it worked for me.

In any case, its tough to do but not impossible. Best of Luck with it! Your health and those who care about ya will thank ya
I actually did almost similar. I had something in my mouth like a toothpick or a straw or something to keep my mouth busy. I also quit cold turkey after 7-8 years of smoking. I quit new years 2003. Cig's disgust me now.

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:15 AM   #9
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch555
I actually did almost similar. I had something in my mouth like a toothpick or a straw or something to keep my mouth busy.
lol i'm sorry but that made me laugh
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:50 AM   #10
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
I quit smoking cold turkey too.. The first month is the hardest but if you keep yourself busy you'll simply forget it I been smoking for 8 years before I quit.

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #11
propr'one
op sucks cock

yeah i've been smoking for 6 years, varying between a pack and two packs a day. Im going on to the 3rd day of smoke free life! i think i can i think i can

Also, both me and the previous owner smoked in my 328. Any suggestions for getting the smell out? that'd prolly help...

Old 11-12-2005, 12:41 AM   #12
erikIS
bigcock

oh man, 1 , 2 packs a day???

I had like 4-5 cigs a day at max.... some of you guys must have huge impotency problems. hahaha jokes
erikIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:10 AM   #13
propr'one
op sucks cock

still going strong. Blitzsix i still need them cartons (not for me, accually.)

(no really their not for me hahaha this sounds retarded.)

Old 11-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #14
propr'one
op sucks cock

lol. truuue. quack do you still have the SRS scan tool? my airbag light is on. I'll buy you a pack of smokes if you scan my car

Old 11-12-2005, 11:37 AM   #15
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by proprone
lol. truuue. quack do you still have the SRS scan tool? my airbag light is on. I'll buy you a pack of smokes if you scan my car

I don't have the SRS scan tool, I have the other one for check engine lights, scan codes, & resets service/inspections, PM rico328i, he can help you with your SRS problem

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: