Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-18-2002, 08:04 PM   #1
theblue
old school US member.

Send a message via AIM to theblue
Kumbo 712 vs. Potenza S03 vs. g-Force T/A KDW

I'm shooping for this year's tires and I am down to three choices. The Kumbos are cheap and work very well, and the other two are about the best you can buy and cost twice as much. I plan to drag race and autoX on them. Would you guys spring the extra money for the better tires, or get the kumbos and feel less guilty laying a patch.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:54 PM   #2
Usic
2nd Gear Member

Location: T.O. actually in a little town called King township.
i've rode on dunlop sp's and kumho's and I like the kumho's better...I heard the breaking point on the kumho's is 400hps but other than that they are a great tire. I also heard they are good autox tires as well. If your a serious autoxer than you should get the g-force.
There is a tuning company in the states that does supercharger kits for porsches and they say the kumho's are very similar to the big buck tires performance wise.

and the best part is their cheap!!
Usic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 11:45 PM   #3
Kaisake
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Kaisake
I'm riding on the g-Force T/A KDW's now. And I love them, although there is a little bit more road noise, but is worth the performance. I bought them when bridgestone had that g-tech meter promotion. I'm happy with them so far, but go with the kuhmos if you are going to be leaving rubber.

Vintage JojO SIGS, Inc.
Kaisake is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: