Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-06-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Is there anything sexier than a british woman's accent?

...when its coming out of your new OEM E36 navigation unit telling you which way to turn to get to Whisky A-Go-Go?

Here is a pic for you sucka's to get an idea of what it will look like installed.

-Navigation
-Hooks up to an Ipod (and may soon be able to display Ipod song titles on screen!)
-Hooks up to OEM CD changer
-Hooks up to wireless phone kit

...I cant wait to get this puppy installed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Traffic Pro 006.jpg (39.4 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg Traffic Pro 009.jpg (42.1 KB, 127 views)
Old 01-06-2005, 10:21 PM   #2
Slowered318
Powered by Budgies

that's pretty nice.. where can i get one?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:44 PM   #3
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowered318
that's pretty nice.. where can i get one?
Actually, I dont think one has ever been installed in an E30.

You'd be a pioneer.

I actually got the amber model:

It's easier to read, cheaper than the BMW specific model, has sub-out, and is more compatible with aftermarket accessories.

There is also a red model that crutchfield may soon have in stock (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nG2lOPV...rch=trafficpro)

Check out this site for info: http://www.waycoolinc.com/z3/01/081501/becker.html
http://www.mytrafficpro.com/
http://www.mytrafficpro.com/roundel_reprint.pdf

There are A LIMITED QUANTITY of out of production BMW US Traffic Pro units (model 4771) still available with new navigation map cds. Email or call Tony at Becker 1-888-423-3537 ext 1224 $499 for unit (add $100 for new software)+ $55 for BMW US adapter cable. This is just leftover stock this item never sold to the public.

You'd also need the wiring harness adapter from: http://www.continentalimports.com/be_acc.html

Many thanks to Ezmerelda (www.Z3ers.com) and Rachel (http://www.waycoolinc.com/z3/01/081501/becker.html) for showing me what this baby can REALLY do.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #4
Gianpaolo_E46
6th Gear Member

Looks clean, however I'd prefer a 7in colour screen over that, but I dont think there is an OEM part like that for the E36
Gianpaolo_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:47 PM   #5
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianpaolo_E46
Looks clean, however I'd prefer a 7in colour screen over that, but I dont think there is an OEM part like that for the E36
I used to want an in-dash as well, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it's not for me. I think it takes away from the refinement of the interior and I know I'd be distracted by it.... plus I doubt anyone is going to break into your car thinking that this unit is anything special to steal
Old 01-07-2005, 08:47 AM   #6
cincinnati
1st Gear Newbie

the car's center dash looks crowded and over consumed with gizmo's and ipods, phones, blenders, t.v.'s. for me its simple and clean. and a french female sounds better to me.
cincinnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:46 AM   #7
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnati
the car's center dash looks crowded and over consumed with gizmo's and ipods, phones, blenders, t.v.'s. for me its simple and clean. and a french female sounds better to me.
They have a french female voice too
They also have GErman, Italian, "american", and spanish... it comes with 6 voices total.

I plan on keeping mine clean when I install it. I want to install the phone adapter INTO the car like this: http://www.waycoolinc.com/z3/01/081501/phone/phone.html

Old 01-07-2005, 03:19 PM   #8
Gianpaolo_E46
6th Gear Member

voices, as in accents, or languages?
Gianpaolo_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:41 AM   #9
98323IS
6th Gear Member

Wow that looks really cool. So miguel the model you got does have sub outs etc. on the back? I am contemplating whether or not to sell my Alpine deck and this system seems like it might be what I am looking for. But I need it to have all the necessary pre outs etc. for my stereo (two 12's and an amp, nothing crazy).
98323IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:46 PM   #10
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Just got it installed and its even better than I imagined.

Im hooking up a PSP to it so I can play songs off my PSP directly through the headunit. Also, my first trip EVER with the HK Trafficpro showed me a shortcut on a route that I have travelled almost daily for 2 years.

Pics will come when I get my interior finished (hopefully this weekend).
Old 03-30-2005, 05:23 PM   #11
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
is there anything sexier then a british womans accent?...when its coming out of your new OEM E36 navigation unit telling you which way to turn to get to Whisky A-Go-Go?
yeah...i am BIOTCH
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: