Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-22-2002, 12:30 AM   #1
Mr.DOHC
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to Mr.DOHC
Who's Silver E36 328 did i race in Mississauga today??

Hey guys, tonight i had a race with a silver e36 328 that was lowered with 17" 5 spoke rims, appeared to have an exhaust. Couldnt tell any other modifications than that. Started at about 80km/h in 3rd (bad for me) and he got the slight jump, stayed even through all of 3rd, went to 4th then he started to pull at about 160km/h (100mph). Quite a good race. I was wondering what he had done to his car. I came to this site because i saw the maXbimmer.com sticker in his window.
Mr.DOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 12:42 AM   #2
Mr.DOHC
2nd Gear Member

Hehehe yup i raced him in my neon, its a 98 DOHC with intake/header/exhaust/highflow cat and short shifter. Ive beaten a couple of fake m3's before on the highway (most likely 320's or 318's) and beaten a couple of e30 325ic auto's from a roll. That isnt the car it had thin aftermarket wheels, it was also lowered, looked very nice. I believe it was a 4 door as well. Raced him on erin mills parkway.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:47 AM   #3
Mr.DOHC
2nd Gear Member

Also here's a pic of my car so if the guy i raced sees this post he can recognize it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg na.jpg (64.6 KB, 287 views)
Old 05-22-2002, 02:14 AM   #4
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

Mr DOHC, did you buy that car from a guy in woodbridge? it looks familiar, and i know this guy had one, and he sold it.. looked pretty much the same... but he sold it a while ago... jsut wanna know if you were the 1 that maybe bought it...
Old 05-22-2002, 07:01 AM   #5
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

you must of raced Rich as he was coming to my house or leaving (Meadowvale area).... I know a lot about sport compact cars (drive a 13sec Honda daily myself) and I'll tell you right now that Rich probably wasn't trying.... His car is damn quick and he doesn't like to race ususally. If he actually tried (downshifting) he would've eaten you alive. I'm not starting anything and if you doubt me, I'll set up a race between you two and in front of everyone just to prove my point.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 10:28 AM   #6
Mr.DOHC
2nd Gear Member

It could have been him as he was coming from meadowvalle area, i have no idea if he was going or not. How fast would you say his car was and what mods does he have? I know quite a bit about compact cars as well and from the way we were going it seemed like his car was a mid-high 14 at best. My car is quick for a neon and i didnt really beat him, we also ran in 1st and 2nd and we were dead even. Up top i know i cant compete with his car at least uuntil i get a chip in my car. I know my car is slow its just somethin to drive around.

Rolled_out: Yea i did get this car from a guy in woodbridge, any idea exactly what the motor had done before? I talked to the previous owner and he didnt seem to know really what was done. When i originally got the car it was slower than what it is now, needed a good tune up, had to change the filter from a ractive one to a K&N and then the car really woke up.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:12 PM   #7
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I just got off the phone with Rich and he confirms that it was you driving down Erin Mills last night around 11:15pm. He also admits to not trying at all because of the cops and his really bad driving record... although! he is challenging you to a real race if you're interested. His car is bone stock (engine wise) and his only mods are 18" wheels, Eibach springs and chrome tips. You're right about it being a 14s car, but that's 14 seconds on the street too unlike a light, high revving, low torque FWD 2.0L car that might be able to hit 15.0s at a drag strip with 0.5" of rubber layed down on the ground for a good launch. Welcome to the board and hopefully you'll stay on after this thread... if you are interested in racing him (or my Civic) let me know.

Randy

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 12:51 PM   #8
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

mr dohc, haha the guy you bought it off of, i remember he blew the motor on thar car about a week before it was sold for the first time, i don't know if YOU were that buyer, (he replaced the motor) and i dont know anything about what was done internally...sorry! nice neon though
Old 05-22-2002, 01:42 PM   #9
Mr.DOHC
2nd Gear Member

The original owner, the motor hydrolocked because the filter was extremely low and he went in apuddle of water. The motor was replaced under warranty at about 50km, ,he only sold the car once, it went from the original owner to a dealer who he know and i got it off of the dealer.
Old 05-22-2002, 03:23 PM   #10
Mr.DOHC
2nd Gear Member

I know he'd probably kick my ass, i was just wondering if he wasnt fully trying why did he go up to speeds of 160 on a 70 limit road? Of course your civic would kick my neon's ass, my car is like a 15.3 at absolute best. If you want when i get my talon up and running ill give you both a lil run
Old 05-22-2002, 05:53 PM   #11
Mr.DOHC
2nd Gear Member

Also i dont mind having a nice friendly race, i think i might be able to put up a decent fight in the first 3 gears but i know in 4th he will for sure kill me. I must say his car looked really nice.

Rolled_out: Also what do you mean by sold for the first time? I have done history searches on the car before i bought it (family is in the car business) and we bought it wholesale off of the chrysler dealer who he originally leased it from. When i talked to him on the phone after buying it he told me the car had bigger pistons (i asked if high compression he said just bigger pistons, then i asked if he had the cylinders bored out and he said nope just had the bigger pistons....... i was quite confused lol) I personally think its just a stock internalled neon motor.
Old 05-23-2002, 12:24 AM   #12
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

sold it for the first time, meaning sold it to YOU..
the dealer is seven view right?
Old 05-23-2002, 12:25 AM   #13
Mr.DOHC
2nd Gear Member

yea sevenview chrysler, know anything else about the car?
Old 05-23-2002, 01:21 AM   #14
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

yah i know i drove it for a while like 2 years ago.. it was VERY loud haha.. the guy lives 1 street from me.. his name is AMBROJIO (spelling dont even ask haha)
Old 05-23-2002, 01:54 AM   #15
Mr.DOHC
2nd Gear Member

hehehe yea i remember he told me his name was Bro. I thought he was jokin at first, never knew it was short for something. Yea the car is very loud, but its funny when my bro's talon was running and we were both going at it i couldnt even hear the neon all i could hear was the talon!! Wasnt much of a race either, when i was in 2nd gear going all out he was in 4th at half gas keeping dead even lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: