Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-05-2004, 01:58 AM   #1
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Question Ellipsoid questions!

Hey guys, i've finally broke down, i want/need ellipsoids sooooo badly that i'm thinking of going the cheap route and settling for the knockoffs, just some questions..............

- Does any place sell them LOCALLY and this is key......WITHOUT the dde's, i don't want dde's

- Asides from R-JAY, has anyone else had problems with the knockoffs?

_Lastly, Has ANYONE installed HID's on these lights before (pics for support would be nice!)??

Thanks for any help in advance!
Old 02-05-2004, 02:03 AM   #2
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

HID's were installed in the Depos i sold to Richierich (same order as R_JAY..it was just luck i guess..bad luck)...

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:05 AM   #3
Soldo
6th Gear Member

okay, ASIDESSSSSS from jon, can anyone help me!

(jon your bad luck, i'm not buyin em from you anyways, hehe)
Old 02-05-2004, 02:26 AM   #4
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

ok, sorry for helping you out.

i was giving an honest opinion, dont need to be a jackass and i wasnt trying to sell to u because im selling WITH dde.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:35 AM   #5
Soldo
6th Gear Member

anyone else!
do they even MAKE knockoffs without DDE's now?!
Old 02-05-2004, 04:28 AM   #6
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Here is my opinion, don't cheap out, get either Bosch or ZKW's.

End of story.

Is it better to buy shit and regret it, or wait and buy the real thing?
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:10 PM   #7
Soldo
6th Gear Member

I know, but so many people have bought the DEPO's and have had nothing but good to say about them!
Old 02-05-2004, 01:26 PM   #8
WASABI
OG

I don't know which to get yet either, but I will wait it out and maybe score some used ZKWs. You can find DEPOs on ebay for under $200 shipped on Ebay. I want ZKWs, just for that extra piece of mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zkws.jpg (37.0 KB, 274 views)
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:53 PM   #9
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
http://www.eurospeedperformance.com/...ghting.htm#zkw

Buy the ZKW's with 6000k HID low beams for $520 US, which should be around $600 CAN...

it's not bad, free shipping to the US but might have to add a bit to shipping to Canada but for $600 you get ZKW's and 6000k HID I know you want that Kev!

2000 Audi A8 SWB Silver/Black
1992 BMW 525iT/5 White/Blue [MPars, HIDs, cargo net]
1989 525i [scrapped]
1995 BMW 318i DASC [sold]
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:25 PM   #10
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Quote:
Originally posted by BMW_7

Buy the ZKW's with 6000k HID low beams for $520 US, which should be around $600 CAN...

it's not bad, free shipping to the US but might have to add a bit to shipping to Canada but for $600 you get ZKW's and 6000k HID I know you want that Kev!
Yeah what he said.
Kev, i'm not going to tell you not to buy Depo but you know it's going to be a luck of the draw situation so lets hope you pull a good one. If you decide to get one off ebay or anywhere for that matter, find out about their warranty and return policy first. I don't want to see a repeat of my situation and you don't want everyone to give you the I TOLD YOU SO speech

Last edited by R_JAY; 02-05-2004 at 04:47 PM.
R_JAY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:45 PM   #11
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by BMW_7

Actually no, go back to the Eurospeed website and take another look. It's $390US for the ZKW, PLUS $520US for the 6000k xenons. So $910US x 1.30 exchange is $1183CDN, plus taxes/duties over the boarder (15%) is $1360CDN, plus whatever carrier fee the shipping company feels like charging. You're looking at like at least $1400CDN for that setup. And that doesn't even include the initial shipping from Eurospeed.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:02 PM   #12
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
Actually no, go back to the Eurospeed website and take another look. It's $390US for the ZKW, PLUS $520US for the 6000k xenons. So $910US x 1.30 exchange is $1183CDN, plus taxes/duties over the boarder (15%) is $1360CDN, plus whatever carrier fee the shipping company feels like charging. You're looking at like at least $1400CDN for that setup. And that doesn't even include the initial shipping from Eurospeed.
Oh damn you're right. I didn't even see that. Oh well, I think the zkw's are bright enough anyway.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:46 PM   #13
R_JAY
Has the world for ransom

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
HID's were installed in the Depos i sold to Richierich (same order as R_JAY..it was just luck i guess..bad luck)...
Jon, correct me if i'm wrong but with the HID install no wires from the Depo's are used right? The reason I ask is because you keep going back to the HID Richierich installed vs the lights I got. I don't think there is a problem with the Depo housings but it's their wiring that's inconsistant and is what started the meltdown in the lights I had. If i'm right about this then you have to do a stock vs stock comparison and not a stock vs modified
Old 02-05-2004, 06:29 PM   #14
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
Damn it, I was almost planning on buying it... I guess Umnitza's the only way for ZKWs...

2000 Audi A8 SWB Silver/Black
1992 BMW 525iT/5 White/Blue [MPars, HIDs, cargo net]
1989 525i [scrapped]
1995 BMW 318i DASC [sold]
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:04 PM   #15
SUPERCHARGED
5th Gear Member

here
http://www.khymotorsports.com/catalo...products_id=26

ZKW
http://www.khymotorsports.com/catalo...products_id=29