Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-22-2003, 04:51 AM   #1
E36pilot
1st Gear Newbie

Honda Civic

OK I have my E36 (98) for 4 months and can run 14.1 1/4 mile. I am pushing the car to the limits until I begin modding, anyhow my point is I feel confident I can manage my ride. I seriously race 2-3 times a day easy. Tonight some cat rolls up in a civic with Alttezza's reving on me so I'm like "lets do this". My girl sits in the passenger seat bitching "SLOW DOWN" and I CANT this damn Civic cannot be shook, I'm telling ya this guy was NOT boosting and dude handed me my ass!!!!!! I dropped her off and went back to find this guy to see just what he did to that thing to rock me like that. Now I let go at around 100 or so and he continued to pull, I feel thats especially when I would have shined. I hit 110 plus quite often, in fact I have had my ride up to 150, but it was a dangerous stretch so I declined this time. I have been owned by a civic! I have a boosted 98 Integra as back-up, so I guess I should not be alarmed...I know what those things are capable of, it's just now I was beat by one and DAMN does it piss me off! I would like to end my second post in hear by saying I proudly BEAT an 03 Maxima today by about 1.5-2 car lenghts at around 100 MPH so probably close to a 1/4 mile run. LOL CYA!
E36pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 12:03 AM   #2
rarerod-e46
1st Gear Newbie

dont feel bad

a honda civic with a engine swap becomes a whole new class of car a wolf in sheeps clothing it sounds like you met a wolf dress like little bo peep....keep your head up thats why the aftermarket is civic crazy. so far i havent seen a hybird civic yet but when I pull up to a light i always get that old guy in f150 that get his first lesson on m3
Old 11-23-2003, 01:40 AM   #3
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

14.1? u got an M3?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 01:53 AM   #4
SpudBoy
Couped up

Send a message via ICQ to SpudBoy
like running in the special olymics: Even if you win, yer still retarded.

SpudBoy
'99 M Coupe - Imola/Imola
Signature Pictures by Alezone

original BMW parts

To mod or not to mod? That is the question
SpudBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 03:06 AM   #5
E36pilot
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
14.1? u got an M3?
Yeah an 98, I also have a boosted Integra with a B16A, big brake kit, suspension, etc. Would have rocked him in that one, oh would have could have! That's what gets me is that forced induction as well as high RPMs equate to FAST ASS import, however this guy was NA!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2003, 06:51 AM   #6
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

i gota boi who will race anyone and smoke em in his civic espeically with the new motor he`s putting in, seriously i know that car when non boosted was a high 12second car, he`s got dyno sheets and track sheets to prove, imagine boost?!

Anyway there are a lot of civic out there that can beat 14.1, it`s a shock to get beaten by one though i`ll give you that!!!
Old 11-23-2003, 06:52 AM   #7
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

just to add it`s never happened to me yet ok once i`ll admit
Old 11-24-2003, 03:57 AM   #8
E36pilot
1st Gear Newbie

Yeah I know the possibilities, I live between Chicago and Milwaukee and there are several cars that are really hard to believe. I know and have seen this cat street race with an Integra that runs 11.7 and dyno's 396RWHP! No guessin here, slips and many times seen at great lakes dragaway by all in the area. This dude runs 110 and drives it all over the damn place in warm temps, it's not trailered or babied ai any way. Friggin fast 4 bangers! The thing that is that in order to get that kind of power, new pistons, Cams, rods, Fuel pump, clutch, new Engine management software, Honda so the block needs sleeved etc. Now not many people go through all this to make it right so alot of time this horsepower is "short lived". When I raced this dude I or I should say my passenger (girlfriend) noticed black smoke coming from his exhaust and when I let off we both smelled it as well. Down the road I saw this kid pull into a very lit gas station and pop the hood, I dropped off my girlfriend and went back in a jiffy (2 minutes) and he was gone. I do not miss those days for the M has alot more power that can be tapped out so I feel no worries when I SMASH the friggin gas as opposed to almost blowing my S**T after every race.

Last edited by E36pilot; 11-24-2003 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:33 PM   #9
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Meh, any Civic with an H22A and even minimal mods has a better power to weight ratio than an M3.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 01:57 PM   #10
E36pilot
1st Gear Newbie

LOL H22, sure it might......rare swap. I am about to post on Ebay a 95 Civic with a B18B swap running 7lbs of boost. Guys interested, especially after this story! 6 grand!!! Skunk 2 springs, N1 exhaust, 17" wheels other than that it's stock as far as appearance goes.

Last edited by E36pilot; 11-24-2003 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:54 PM   #11
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

Yo man..

get a Honda Element, 3KB22 si conversion, neon glow racing rims, black out front windshield, 4 wheel drive Rally style integra lights, 7 speed close ratio tail lights, g-reddy supercharger shift knob ..

Race it 3 times every min of every day cause.... that $hit be fast yo

Last edited by Slowered318; 11-24-2003 at 02:56 PM.
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 04:20 PM   #12
Lil'Smoothie

whether its fast or not, at the end of the day he still drives a civic dx or lx or wutever and you drive an M3!
Old 11-24-2003, 06:41 PM   #13
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
omg... these stories make me sick... partially cuz their true. Any little p.o.s. can put $10000 into his moms civic and make it fast. But how about in the long run... +handling wise? its not all about the 1/4 mile. if so... buy urself a mustang or something.

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 07:08 PM   #14
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

type-r integra with s/c..and shocks/springs/tires should be as good as an M3 with i/h/e at the track

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 08:50 PM   #15
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

To agree with Jon, it kills me how BMW drivers can be so ignorant towards Japanese cars. A Civic, with its great suspension geometry (4-wheel double wishbones), very light weight, low low price, and huge aftermarket, is a much better platform for serious performance than a luxury-slathered BMW. For half the price of any M3 the same year, a Civic could run circles around it in any performance test. And also, I'm really growing tired of the "but at least you drive a BMW" argument, people that buy cars for status need to grow up.

Rant over!

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: