Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-23-2001, 02:23 PM   #1
Derek330xi
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Derek330xi
Smile new to this board

hi guys, i am new to this board. i ordered a titanium silver 330xi and will be picking it up late january. i don't really know alot about cars, i was wondering if i put a m3 bumper and four exhuast pipe on my car, but not factory ones, will it void my warrenty??? i live in the richmond hill area and i saw one at time saquare yesterday and it looked amazing. thanks
Derek330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 02:29 PM   #2
Bliss
Administrator

Hey, welcome to the board. Putting on a bumper and a different exhaust shouldn't void your warranty, because it just doesn't do anything to disturb the actual car. I mean if the exhaust or the bumper break or crack, well bmw will obviously not cover it. As for the dual exhaust thing in the back, the real M3 one will not fit (so i've heard)because the M3 has no spear wheel to accomidate the mufflers.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 02:33 PM   #3
Derek330xi
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the reply, are u in the toronto area? i went to bc autodesign and i can get the m3 bumper plus fog lights installation and paint for $1100. i can get front and rear bumper plus the four pipe exhuast system for $2000 something, i forgot. i don't know if i should get it or not. but i don't even pick up my car until late january so i don't know why i am worrying about it now haha.
Old 12-23-2001, 03:22 PM   #4
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Welcome to the board 330xi. You're getting a nice car there! I had the opportunity to drive a 330ci and a 330xi back to back one day at a BMW open house and to tell you the truth (and many others felt the same way)... I honestly enjoyed driving the xi more that the ci. If felt like it had a lot more oomph, more nimble and lighter? Now, before everyone replies to this and freaks about numbers and all.... I realize that in theory that's impossible, but if just flet that way. I came back in aww and asked other that day if they felt the same and they all agreed.

I've delt with BC Auto many times and they're prices seem to change according to Bell's mood that day. That means you can bargain with him. If you bring a wad of cash there and are short like $150.00 he usually gives in. Be careful though.... he usually sells fiberglass bumpers (shatters on impact) one thing you might want to think about before installation on a 4WD.

Randy Sparre

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 03:34 PM   #5
Derek330xi
2nd Gear Member

so u mean the fiberglass bumper is unsafe???
Old 12-23-2001, 03:42 PM   #6
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I wouldn't unsafe... the bumper skin never protects you anyways, its the re-bar and shocks behind it that do the impact. I"m just saying that if you scrape a curb with fiberglass... it'll crack right away opposed to urethane (stock material) which flexes. The fiberglass bumbers are also A LOT more prone to stone chips... you'll need to install a 3M Armourguard coating right after painting to save it.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 04:10 PM   #7
Derek330xi
2nd Gear Member

i now i really have to have a hard time deciding. the m3 bumper looks so good but then what is the use if it chips easily. thanks for the info.
Old 12-23-2001, 06:28 PM   #8
azn330i
2nd Gear Member

hey BMW330xi, welcome to maxbimmer!

and yea i've asked bc suto too about the M3 bumper and the price looks kinda steep. but u still got till january till u hafta find a kit, so dun worry. one qeustion, are you getting the 2002 Xi??

azn330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 12:26 AM   #9
Derek330xi
2nd Gear Member

yea, i am getting the 2002 one, i also want to get clear corners but can't seem to find one that will fix the facelifted 330xi.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: