Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > X series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
AngieP
1st Gear Newbie

2012 X1 Battery

This past week my parking lights were left on and my battery was drained. I got a boost on Monday morning and ran the car for about an hour. It started a few times that day but keep giving me the error message about the battery being low. Then it dies again. BMW said I need a new battery now. My car is only 13 months old. Shouldn’t the battery be fine once it is boosted? Does this mean if this happens again I will have to buy a battery again (at a cost of $675 installed)?
AngieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
damameke
6th Gear Member

'ran the car for an hour/battery be fine once it is boosted" without driving is not charging the battery, take the car for a long drive else buy a charger to charge the battery
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
AngieP
1st Gear Newbie

Actually BMW fully charged it but it will not hold the charge so they told me it is totally dead and I need a new one.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
AngieP
1st Gear Newbie

BMW told me that I need to drive my car on longer trips. Apparently the 33,000 kms I drove in 14 months is not enough to keep the battery charged. It would have been nice to know that I am required to randomly drive around the city every week for a few hours to keep my battery charged.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieP View Post
BMW told me that I need to drive my car on longer trips. Apparently the 33,000 kms I drove in 14 months is not enough to keep the battery charged. It would have been nice to know that I am required to randomly drive around the city every week for a few hours to keep my battery charged.
Whoever your BMW dealer is, don't go back to them.. I am surprised that BMW is Bsting you.. that 33000 KM for 14 months is under driven???

Go and have a 2nd opinion at Canadian on your battery, if it is not holding charge, paying more than $600 for battery/installation is a major crime..at the dealership.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: