Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
E Verty
1st Gear Newbie

Talking Want to share your WARchip Maps?

My M20 b25 is currently very, very close to being boosted. I'm getting a chub just thinking about it.

The guys at miller performance are being very difficult, and wont give me a base tune with the load settings I need. They will only supply turbo loads if you buy the unit/tune from them. Anyone who has a WAR chip knows you cant change the Load/RPM settings for some silly reason.

Ive got a few different Fuel and Ignition maps made on MS Excel, although I would like to see if anyone has something that works just so I can use the load settings and get some insight from what other people are using.

Im running a CAT ~270 camshaft, titanium retainers, 24lb injectors, RRFPR and a fancy Water injection/Plasma Spark system that I made for my bachelor thesis.

I know there are some forums with info/MAP sharing for Miller WAR chip, but there is alot to sort through and no actual .mpc files

Hopefully you guys can help me out?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
I'd sell the miller setup and get a PNP megasquirt, for the price and what you get its almost impossible to top. Sounds like you want full control and more, MS gives you that.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

RRFPR makes no sense with programmable management... and 24lb injectors aren't going to get you far at all...

scrap the RRFPR and get proper sized injectors
Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
E Verty
1st Gear Newbie

I appreciate your inputs, Although no one is actually helping me here.

If you're just going to flame my setup, Go fly a kite! I don't mean to be rude, but you probably don't really understand what you are talking about when it comes to the specific things I am working with.

If you're helping me by giving me a Forced induction WAR chip tune with proper load settings--- then you are awesome. Cause that's all I am asking for!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

First of all, this is a public forum so you're the one that can go fly a kite if you don't like my responses or think they are not what you want to hear. I am not flaming your setup I am trying to educate you.

Second of all, I am helping you. I'm helping you get your setup sorted. 24#/hr injectors are too small and of story.

Using an FMU is something you did in the early 2000's when you didn't always have a programmable ECU.

But you do in fact have an ECU that you can program so using an FMU is stupid, no if's and's or but's about it. Put back the 1:1 regulator and buy bigger injectors.

That you cannot get support for something you bought 2nd hand is a completely separate issue.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
E Verty
1st Gear Newbie

The ONLY issue I have is exactly as you stated. I bought something second hand and I am having trouble getting support. Hence me asking for support from people who might have a WARchip.

Here's a quick lesson:

The "24 pound" means that the injectors have a flow rate per unit time at a constant duty cycle and supply pressure.

I can adjust:
-The injection duration wrt load-- Using the WARchip
-The pressure in the fuel rail wrt manifold pressure --using the rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

Therefore; I can dynamically adjust the amount of fuel entering the combustion chamber.

I can agree that this might not work well for the average setup. The conditions I have with the modifications from my bachelor thesis change how lean I can go.

RRFPRs often get a bad name because people dont know/dont care to tune and support them properly. They just say they don't work and get bigger injectors.

Thanks, and Please let me know if you have WARchip Tunes!!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Verty View Post
The ONLY issue I have is exactly as you stated. I bought something second hand and I am having trouble getting support. Hence me asking for support from people who might have a WARchip.

Here's a quick lesson:

The "24 pound" means that the injectors have a flow rate per unit time at a constant duty cycle and supply pressure.

I can adjust:
-The injection duration wrt load-- Using the WARchip
-The pressure in the fuel rail wrt manifold pressure --using the rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

Therefore; I can dynamically adjust the amount of fuel entering the combustion chamber.

I can agree that this might not work well for the average setup. The conditions I have with the modifications from my bachelor thesis change how lean I can go.

RRFPRs often get a bad name because people dont know/dont care to tune and support them properly. They just say they don't work and get bigger injectors.

Thanks, and Please let me know if you have WARchip Tunes!!
You do realize that you're trying to preach to people who have experience in doing these types of things. And one of whom does it for a living....

If your statement was correct, then there would be no reason to buy larger injectors. If you put too much pressure through a small injector causes a terrible spray pattern and actually causes it to pour into the cylinder as opposed to a spray. Also, the duration can only be so long.

The E30 has enough options for after market management. The Miller W.A.R chip is for N/A car's that don't want to open source tune with a Moates. A PNP Megasquirt would be your best bet, it has the most features and is the most cost efficient.

Do what Devon and Sasha said from the start. Larger injectors, Megasquirt (Which will convert to speed density), and tune it... You won't regret it. Sell the W.A.R chip.
02 325i Sedan

Last edited by SamE30e; 09-16-2013 at 05:58 PM.
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

You're telling me things I already know... I played with FMU's over 12 years ago on boosted cars.

There is a reason why no one uses them anymore. They're garbage and NOT needed because you can scale the injectors in the ECU and use the 1:1.

FMU's are a band-aid for NOT being able to modify the ECU that controls the injectors, that's all that it was designed for.

But hey, what do I know about any of this stuff. You went to school for it right?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #9
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Shoulda known...All i'll say is good luck with your build. You sound like you know it all so i guess you're in good hands and don't need help from experienced people around here. I'm glad miller isn't supporting you. I'll hopefully see this boosted car out and about this summer
Old 03-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Both of these guys can educate you in ways you don't know about. If you already knew, you wouldn't be asking for a map.

Unless your car is identical to the other guys, then getting someone else's tune is rather limited in use.

24lb injectors are a little small for a turbo unless you're running very low boost, like ~< 4 psi.

(And I +1 the idea of selling the Miller and getting an MS unit.)
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
E Verty
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for the input, but no one has mentioned the load settings for WARchips.
I appreciate that you all have experience. No one has listened to what I have said. My setup is not traditional due to the setup I have from my thesis. It uses enrichment injectors(water and fuel) and a high energy ignition with retarded timing; all controlled with an arduino. Trust the engineer when I say "I dont have to worry about running lean"
Old 03-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Verty View Post
Trust the engineer when I say
Annnd this is where I laugh my ass off.

If I only had a dollar for every Engineer that thought they couldn't do anything wrong I'd be a damn rich man.

Good luck wth your project/thesis/whatever.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
MaxBell
Clint Eastwood

HeY GUYS! HELP ME WITH MY WAR CHIP AND IF NOT THEN I HATE YOU ALL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411 View Post
just letting this furom [*forum] know
MaxBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Listen to me: it doesn't matter if you want to run lean or not, the WAR chip won't give you the kind of control you need. My experience with tuning Motronic is that you will spend your days chasing your tail, unsure if the changes you're making are due to your adjustments, hardware or the magic formulas inside Motronic. WAR is just another way to tune Motronic.

So you're using a supplemental injector for a secondary fuel supply and running the motor hot: megasquirt can do this out of the box. The engineer has to learn more about existing solutions.

If you want to show experimental evidence of advancement, you need to remove all the other variables from the equation, so having a stable tuning platform is key.

The "load settings" for WAR is the same as the VE table in MS, except you have more control of tuning in realtime and logging to measure the effects of changes.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #15
E Verty
1st Gear Newbie

You guys act like children on here. Id expect this from SON, but I guess maxbimmer is all about people egos too. Its obvious that I own a WARchip, and you guys are MS fans.

I understand you all have helpful inputs, but I have asked for one specific thing. A turbo Load table for the WARchip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: