Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Z series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
kimh
1st Gear Newbie

02 745i battery change

Hi bought an aftermarket battery for my 02 745i and am getting mixed messages. can i change it without registering the new one?
thanks Kim
kimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
MANDD
Autobahn East

E6xx Battery Change

Kim,

Yes you can however the alternator will not charge at the correct rate if a greater or lesser battery is fitted.

Furthermore the consumer load cutout is dependent on the type of battery fitted, this is useful when diagnosing battery drain issues. The battery state for a given time can be interpreted through ISTA/D or DIS in the Power Module query.

If an AGM battery is fitted where there was none then your E65/66 will need to be coded (retrofit) via ISTA/p or SSS.

The short answer is yes the car will function ok if you just change the battery without registering the replacement.

But due an incorrect alternator charge rate from not registering the battery, you may have a battery that will never gain a charge rate of above 68%

Mark
MANDD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
745i, battery

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: