Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
gnome
on the roam

Rant on Greenlife water - knocking on your door

I rarely rant on anything, but I feel compelled to share my "encounter" with the deuche knocking on my door today from Greenlife Water.

First of all Mr Greenlife knocks on my door at night and my wife answers and hears the tragic story that we have problem water on our street and everyone must install a water filter in the basement right away. It sounded like a municipality water issue and my wife called me to come to the door to talk to the guy.

Extremely arrogant student type about 22 years old with a clipboard was telling me that I had Chlorine in my water, and he would need to inspect my home and water meter to "Qualify" for a filter.... right. Chlorine is supposed to be there moron. I told Mr. Deuche I am the original owner of my home for many years and no one with a clipboard needs to see my water meter, unless it is my Municipal governement representative.
I asked for documentation on this and inched in closer all he really had was a cliboard of a sheet of scribble notes with checkmarks and all he was doing was re-writing over the same checkmark over and over as it he was actually doing something important fliping 2 pages back and forth.

Then with a condencending tone and showed me a photo of a water inlet pipe and meter and he wanted to see it and said "trust me you need a filter". No goddam way this f**ker was getting any from me, and if qualification was something on his mind he qualified for an ass kicking. I challenged him where he came from and said I was going to follow up with the Town.

I sent him on his way and googled and found 100's of links to complaints about Greenlife and one link indicated that they had issues where police asked to be called if Greenlife approached a home.

http://www.riversidesouth.org/forums...p?topic=2918.0

Just wanted to share before these guys get into our homes of our friends and relatives.

Last edited by gnome; 10-05-2012 at 10:28 PM.
gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
davericher20
black and blue

Lol, i especially like it when they ask to come see your water heater.....i installed a reverse osmosis water filter in my kitchen. Id trust that more than someone coming to my door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
sirex
King Sirex

lol, people still go door to door!?
Old 10-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

Basterds came by my girlfriend's place and harassed her and her neighbours... Talkin shit like they from the water company, but the water is run by the city... So i say ok so you from the city? Blah blah blah...was a whisker a way from just punching him in face and not caring about charges... Idiots...told him to quit his job and work at McDonalds, since he'll make more and take less abuse... Dude was walking across everyones lawns too! F*ckers... They better not ever come back...
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

had one of these guys show up LITERALLY the day I moved into my new (new to me) house. Told me I needed to change my water tank and I thought wtf, the house isn't even 4 years old yet...do people fall for this crap?
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
BigD
the misanthropist

They did that to me too. I said give me your number, I'll look into it and if it's for real, I'll get back to you. He says, ok can I come in and we can write it out, and takes a step onto my door frame. I step forward too, stand in his face and calmly say no.

Googled it and turns out they get many people on the hook making it sound like they're just filling out an official inspection form. Your gas company charges you out the butt for breaking the contract and you end up paying more. Direct Energy sent my neighbors and me a letter a week later, saying to watch out for these because once they have your signature, no one can help you.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

I should introduce them to my two friends - right and left hook.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

I don't even answer my door most of the time for this reason. I peek out the curtains and if I don't like what I see, I just let the dog bark till they leave, lol.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #9
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
I don't even answer my door most of the time for this reason. I peek out the curtains and if I don't like what I see, I just let the dog bark till they leave, lol.
This. Easiest way to say no is to not even answer

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
cisco911
6th Gear Member

I had one of the water heater people come do my door saying she need to cheque my gas water heater because they had it on file as needing to be changed. I asked where that information came from. She told me she had the information from Enbridge. I told her "Really? I didn't know enbirdge kept tabs on my electric water heater" She just stood there for a minute not knowing what to say and just turned around and left. I hate these d-bags!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
Blades
Your opinion is to long

I had the a similar thing happen but they didnt tell me that something was wrong with the sewer. They told me that there was lots of bad things in the water and they need to check it. This teenage girl asks to just test the water so I say sure why not. She tells me if the water turns red then they need to put a filter in .. she pours water into a flash with some white powder substance at the bottom (koolaid for all i know) and it turns red. I laugh and tell her no thank you please leave. I told her the same shit would happen if I poured bottled water or berita filtered water into her flask as well.

This and the water tank people that come around have done this as soon as I moved in as well. Like 2 months after the fact .. I think they must be looking at MLS listings or something

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #12
daytona
6th Gear Member

Haha about the red dye...happen to my GF mom...luckily I was there...the douche looking guy did the test when I was entering the front door from picking up some grocery for her but he did it from the front garden hose....I told him wait one second..I grabbed a bottle water from the grocery bag and pour it in his magically powder and it turn red also..like his douche face...he just walk away and said it our choice if we wanted to take a chance with the contaminated water...lol.....I feel sorry for these wannabe scammers some of them seen like nice people.....
Old 10-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Guys its kids trying to make a buck and unfortunately, they got dragged into this scamjob. Educate them and help them. Times are hard.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
Guys its kids trying to make a buck
There more important jobs out there than going door to door or telemarketing.
If I was Mayor, going door to door selling or telemarketing would be illegal !
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Talking

kool-aid...

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: