Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
VSR
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 68
Set of used 18" staggered M - Parralel alloys for sale

Hi there, I have a nice set of used 18" M - Parralel staggered alloys for sale. These were destined for my E39 but didndt fit. I wasnt aware that they were different offsets from the 7. Oh well. Now they are for sale
The set is in good shape and is a rare find as you know. Probably the nicest factory wheel to come from the factory. The set has two decent tires but the other 2 are shot. I havent had a chance to take a real pictures but you all know how they look like. When I get a chance I will clean them up and show them properly. Wheels can be picked up downtown Toronto.

Here is a random clip in case you need a reminder of how nice these are Rims pictures are just an example!!!

Price $1500.00 or best reasonable offer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqJ,!pYF!0!b(rHPBQ(NimcfOg~~60_57.jpg (380.4 KB, 120 views)
__________________
1998 BMW 540i with optional 3rd pedal

Last edited by VSR; 09-29-2012 at 11:34 AM.
VSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,288
The offsets are not the issue, the offset is the same between 7's and 5's.
The difference is the hub size, the e39 has larger hubs.
You can get adapters made or bore out the center of the wheels to make them fit.
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
VSR
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
The offsets are not the issue, the offset is the same between 7's and 5's.
The difference is the hub size, the e39 has larger hubs.
You can get adapters made or bore out the center of the wheels to make them fit.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. These wheels may not be for sale then

Any idea where a brother can get the wheels bored?

Thanks for your help!
__________________
1998 BMW 540i with optional 3rd pedal
VSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSR View Post
Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification. These wheels may not be for sale then

Any idea where a brother can get the wheels bored?

Thanks for your help!
Any wheel repair shop should be able to point you in the right direction. Pretty much any machining shop can do it. It is only about 2mm that needs to be machined from the hub bore on the wheel. The tires may need to be off the rims however.
I've heard 50$ a wheel, but cannot verify.

I would ask on VW vortex forums...those guys put anything on those cars, they must know of places that customize wheels..
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
VSR
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Any wheel repair shop should be able to point you in the right direction. Pretty much any machining shop can do it. It is only about 2mm that needs to be machined from the hub bore on the wheel. The tires may need to be off the rims however.
I've heard 50$ a wheel, but cannot verify.

I would ask on VW vortex forums...those guys put anything on those cars, they must know of places that customize wheels..
Thanks for your help!
__________________
1998 BMW 540i with optional 3rd pedal
VSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.