Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Windsor, Ontario **NEW**
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
shab
Mtec just kicked in yo!

New to forum

Hi

I just purchased a 1993 318i as is. I think I got a good deal. Everything major on the car works except for parking brake which I think needs to be readjusted and the wiper linkage will need replacement. but all in all i got a bimmer for $1000 and i think u can't go wrong there. Now just gotta wait till it passes saftey and etest and maybe I'll drive down to one of the meets! Pics will follow as soon as I am done work.
shab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
shab
Mtec just kicked in yo!

Old 03-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Nerk
2nd Gear Member

cool, bring it to the meets, first friday of the months, usually at the tim hortons on dougall... they should be starting up soon as people bring their cars out of hibernation
Nerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
shab
Mtec just kicked in yo!

i would love to come to a meet, but unfortunately my car is still not on the road. I dont know anyone who can get me a safety and etest. my passenger wiper arm doesnt work like it should and i might need the whole linkage. but at the moment i spent all my funds on maintenance. so unless someone here knows someone who can get me a safety certificate and etest i will be SOL for a couple of months.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Nerk
2nd Gear Member

too bad you don't have an E30... I've got that part, and its not too hard to get to and replace... my wipers act funny too sometimes... but I think its the relay...if I play around with it and turn them on and off again, it will eventually start working...

And also fortunate I have an '87... no etest but I did do my due dillegence and replaced the cat, muffler, charcoal canister, fuel pumps and gas tank... theres no reason for it to fail an etest at this point... check A&L, I saw a smashed up E36 there, I asked how much for the whole car, but they wanted 3000k for a smashed up one... thought it was a rip off... I can get a working one for 1k,...

anyhow,... sometimes its just worth buying parts cars if you have the room for them... consider maybe an M50 swap in the future... it will really wake that car up...
Old 03-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
Nerk
2nd Gear Member

Talk to Alex from ACP if you need some repairs, he's reasonable, he doesn't charge the typical mechanic rate... He'l set you down the right track I'm sure...
Old 03-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
shab
Mtec just kicked in yo!

$3K? THATS A RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!! i got minf for $1k and in working condition. its not the relay affecting the wiper the wiper linkage itself is broken so the passenger side arm wiggles lol. as far as etest goes im not too worried. its just safety. its not like the car is gonna fall apart or anything i just need the to fix the wiper issue and probably clean out the tvalve for the spray. the rest is stuff like tires which aren't bald, i would say 50% thread left. im planning to go to states this fall and get a new set. dont have enough cash to drop for a new set at the moment. as far as m50 swap goes im considering doing that once the m42 dies out (hopefully not anytime soon), but certainly on my list of mods. later during this year ill be getting the dj auto headlights with hid and hopefully a set of 15 inch style 5s if i can find them cheap.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
cormier
6th Gear Member

I'd say get the car on the road first lol! It sounds like you don't need anything so try for a safety?

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
shab
Mtec just kicked in yo!

alright so my car is finally on the road as of today! yay! now i can come to the meets and also drain my wallet to fix the car.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: