most of you have probably seen the car when brent built it.. I however have owned it for a year or so now and driving it with the holset hx50 that it has on it isnt really very fun anymore.. since half the time it would be running like crap and or breaking driveshaft bolts
ive decided to put a more reasonable sized turbo on.. I was just seeing if anyone has any insight on the new precision turbos with the billet compressor wheels.. I think im either going to get the 5857 or the 6262.. anyone got any suggestions. these things are nice.. vbanded to your manifold... penuts to take apart.
his is my current motor set up:
- Stock bottom end, ARP head bolts,
- 72lb lucas injectors
- Exotic speed tubular exhaust manifold
- Holset HX-50 turbo with 21cm exhaust housing.
- 2.75" charge piping, 21x12x3" intercooler
- GReddy Type-RS BOV
- tial 38mm wastegate
- Hallman manual boost controller, in cabin
- welded water jackets
- 282 cam
- 255lph walbro intank.( changing to something else)
Megasquirt 2v3 mainboard, native USB converted
- Innovate LC-2 digital wideband o2 sensor
- GM IAT sensor tapped into charge piping
- GM wasted spark coil pack packs plugs are (ngk brp7es)
So.. that being said. the m20b25 bottom end in the car right now seems a little tired (compression is low @ 75-85psi across the board) so im going to buy a new low k motor would it be worth it now to put the m30 in it and boost that? these turbos are fairly new so I cant seem to find many bimmer guys running them yet.
let me know what you guys think