Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Windsor, Ontario **NEW**
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
Nerk
2nd Gear Member

Getting bimmer fever!

Hey everyone,

Ready for the spring? (well those of us who park our bimmers for the winter)

I've just come up with a list of crap I need to get done,... wondering whats on everyone elses project list this spring,

Here's my list:

Maintenance:
Oil Change
Check tranny and diff fluids
Brake fluid flush
Coolant Flush
Timing belt/Water pump
Inspect Accessory belts (sqeeling when humid last year)
Inspect/Replace Battery
Inspect suspension
Inspect Brake/Fuel lines
New tires for 16 wheels
To Fix:
Master clutch cylinder (car can't move )
Steering rack leak (still fighting the battle)
Gas tank swap
Exhaust leak repair (with new muffler )
Windshield washer fluid pump
Restore leather seats (400$ worth of leatherique products,.. this better work)
Hood
Body
To Upgrade:
Finish stereo/sub install
Install new exhaust system
Install CAI
Stainless Steel brake lines

needless to say... I got a lot of work to do

Later...
Nerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Meets are coming up, check the cruise thread!

Any way, ya, basically i need to do the same maintenance as you. I also have to fix my ICV again, fix a brake fluid leak, oh ya, and either fix or get a new fender, and nose panel. I got clipped i guess, perhaps in a parking lot. That means no upgrades this year at all. Unless I get a new car.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
Nerk
2nd Gear Member

Damn, that sucks...

My buddy got his E30 in a little car scrap with a trucks bumper.. insurance company wrote off hte car, cause it wasn't worth fixing... but we still have it though, totally fixable...

You should find yourself an E30 man
Old 03-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerk View Post
Damn, that sucks...

My buddy got his E30 in a little car scrap with a trucks bumper.. insurance company wrote off hte car, cause it wasn't worth fixing... but we still have it though, totally fixable...

You should find yourself an E30 man
No e30's for me. waaay too hard to find parts.

I changed my mind again. I'm going to fix the 318 for a daily, and completely fix the 325 for a weekender.

flickr
Old 05-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
bart325is
IH8BART

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigIS View Post
No e30's for me. waaay too hard to find parts.
I think there are plenty of new and used parts available at reasonable prices.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
bart325is
IH8BART

Put my DD up for sale and it sold right away so I had no choice but to fix the hole in the right rear wheel well where I tore out the rusted cover and pipe for the fuel tank evap hoses. Had new hoses all winter but was waiting for the warmer weather. Fixed that up with some seam sealer and a new cover for the hoses going to the tank from the filler neck ($$$ ouch!) and coned it all up so no moisture will get in again. I can fill up my gas tank now without any spilling over or smelling like gas for a few days after filling.

Here is what else I've done or have parts coming to do:

1. Done. New intake gaskets, cleaned injectors (got rid of loud ticking noise, now I just have the regular valve train noise of the M20), PCV tube o-rings, small heater hose from throttle body to block (I had changed all others previously).
2. To do. Install reman'd injectors since originals are leaking (gas smell in oil and hard start when warm).
3. To do. New Bosch WR8LC+ spark plugs
4. To do. Change the gas contaminated oil and filter
5. To do. Get clean doors and new fenders and get a paint job
6. To do. Weld seam in exhaust just before cat. Ghetto rigged with flexible tailpipe repair kit and 2 clamps from Partsource for now.
7. To do. New cat back or just new muffler.
8. To do. Rustproof the undercarriage if I don't pick up another DD before winter.

-1. Cancelled my order for the H&R Sport / Bilstein Sport package I ordered from TMS on sale. Great deal but just not sure that I want to modify the stock ride height just yet. Also wanted to use the $600 towards body and paint.

Unrelated to maintenance, I picked up a new Pioneer HU and a used amp, sub and box and I must say it's the best thing I've done so far next to the new rims and tires. Maybe the paint job will top it.

That's about it for this year. I love driving this car and it's hard not to go out cruising every night right now because of the high gas prices.
bart325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

Most important thing I need is an e-test.... Please PM me if you anyone local who will do a shady one...

couple other things in the short term plan
-new brakes
-new vanos
-headspacer and ARP studs
-Meth injection
-new boost controller
-plumb my wastegate to return back into my exhaust (novelty of the atmosphere dump is defintely gone lol)

http://www.foldingtrailers.ca
PedroBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #8
bart325is
IH8BART

1. DONE. New intake gaskets, cleaned injectors (got rid of loud ticking noise, now I just have the regular valve train noise of the M20), PCV tube o-rings, small heater hose from throttle body to block (I had changed all others previously).
2. DONE. Install reman'd injectors since originals are leaking (gas smell in oil and hard start when warm).
3. DONE. New Bosch WR8LC+ spark plugs
4. DONE. Change the gas contaminated oil and filter
6. To do. Weld seam in exhaust just before cat. Ghetto rigged with flexible tailpipe repair kit and 2 clamps from Partsource for now.
8. To do. Rustproof the undercarriage if I don't pick up another DD before winter.
9. To do. Replace emergency brake cables, pads, spring kit.
bart325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
bart325is
IH8BART

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart325is View Post
1. DONE. New intake gaskets, cleaned injectors (got rid of loud ticking noise, now I just have the regular valve train noise of the M20), PCV tube o-rings, small heater hose from throttle body to block (I had changed all others previously).
2. DONE. Install reman'd injectors since originals are leaking (gas smell in oil and hard start when warm).
9. HALF DONE. Replace emergency brake cables, pads, spring kit.
Oh man, bad idea on the emergency brake cables. My shoes were shot and the exterior rubber sheathing of the cables were cut so I figured I would replace those as well even though the cables were still functional. Well, 2.5 hours of cutting the tube, where the cable had fused to it, with a hacksaw blade (because nothing else would fit up there) was not fun. I got it done though. The tube is about .75" shorter but the new cable slid right it. I left the sleeve sticking out a little bit from the tube since I was afraid of the cable not having enough slack. I used good ole' seam sealer to fill in the space and fuse it together. I don't think these cables will need to be changed again in the car's lifetime since the originals lasted 300K+. I only got one side done and I will have to save the other side for another weekend.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #10
bart325is
IH8BART

5. DONE. Get clean doors and new fenders (still need pass fender)
5a. To do. Get a paint job
9. HALF DONE. Replace emergency brake cables, pads, spring kit.
10. DONE. Replace windshield.
11. To do. Install E30 drop hats.
12. To do. Replace all steel fuel lines.
13. To do. Replace front/rear anti-sway bar bushings and end links.
14. DONE. Replace ASA centre caps with BMW 57mm centre caps.

Almost forgot to mention thanks to Alex at ACP for having a couple of very nice doors and fender and windshield for a very reasonable price.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #11
kader318
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to kader318
Parting out the 318is coupe, come get ur parts
kader318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #12
lost
2nd Gear Member

I need shadowline for my doors (4 door) cheap please.
lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #13
Nerk
2nd Gear Member

Alex is a great guy, i'm sure he's hooked up pretty good... great local E30 resource...
Old 05-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Betty is back up and mobile again.

flickr
Old 05-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #15
Nerk
2nd Gear Member

damn you... beat me working on the exhaust right now, well, taking some bolts out... they're soaking in WD40 until I finish dinner... which is now... back to the grind stone...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: