Looking forward to being a part of the community! My name's Carl...just bought a 2008 328i, premium package with iDrive, has 69,xxxkm on it so balance of factory warranty remains until end of this year or 80,000km, dakota red leather interior. I have the CoverageOne warranty that extends up to 120,000km.
I come here from a previous ride that got written off (by a pickup truck on the highway); a 2003 Mazda Protege. So it's quite the upgrade/change from front wheel and no acceleration, to rear wheel and great acceleration lol. I was/am a very active member online on the forums for that mazda community, and will definitely lurk and do the same on maXbimmer
So I know the search is my friend, but just to have my own thread and share my questions in hopes you pros will share your wisdom, I'm wondering what should be my first set of plans for it:
- Small items: get a hold of a more updated DVD (there's a 2007.1 version at the moment), plan and set out upcoming necessary & preventative maintanance
- DILIGENTLY check out the car asap within manufacturer warranty period!...any common things to look for/change!?!
- Besides the colour combo, what are some general plans to make my bimmer unique? (besides wheels and the occaisional smoked tail lights I see on 328's).
- SHE NEEDS A NAME! My last car, the Protege, had a feminen Japanese name to match her origin (ignoring the fact Ford had partial ownership
)...I'd love to find a sexy German name for this one too!
Other tidbits about myself:
- I'm all over the GTA area, reside in Brampton
- Automotive is my passion!
LOOKING FORWARD TO IT ALL! CHEERS!