Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
M3_Rainan
1st Gear Newbie

Specialty Shops > K/W ?

First off I hope I'm posting in the right section. I did search through the Ontario forums and didn't see much regarding K/W area.

I'm hoping to purchase a M3 (02-04) in the next few months and other then the dealership is there any shops in the area that do work on BMW's?

I would like to avoid the dealership if possible (unless its recommended!)
M3_Rainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
scottyp
dungeon master

I live in Kitchener and I have tried a couple shops in town. They were ok at best. I took my car to Rocco at RMP in Toronto and he figured out what 3 other shops couldn't in about 5 min. Since then its the only place I brought my e30 and now e36. His rates are very reasonable and he is honest and upfront. I couldn't recommend him more!
scottyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #3
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

There's Futmair Auto, he mostly services Porsche there, but my father has been taking his M5 there for service for the past couple years and the work has been good. I'm not sure how he compares to other shops in terms of cost, but I'd be willing to say it's on the higher side since he's usually dealing with higher end cars.

There's Autocube. I met the owner last year, he seems like a nice guy, he use to be a BMW tech.

There's German Autotech. I believe the owner of this shop is also an ex-BMW tech.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
Yamahammer
Warlock of the century

Our e46's go to Futmair. He is very meticulous, but a tad pricey for some. Overall I would say he is the best bet for sure, if you can stand him....
Yamahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #5
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahammer View Post
... if you can stand him....
yeah he's pretty deutsch pretty
Old 02-14-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
B6T
2nd Gear Member

I ran into the AutoCube guy at Partsource once. He seems like a really nice guy, he helped me change the corner light bulb in the parking lot.

If I brought my car to a mechanic for service, it would be either him or Furtmair.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
busamoose
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B6T View Post
I ran into the AutoCube guy at Partsource once. He seems like a really nice guy, he helped me change the corner light bulb in the parking lot.

If I brought my car to a mechanic for service, it would be either him or Furtmair.
that autocube guy is truly amazing and so down to earth, Roman. and know what?? I would know.

This guy knows his stuff. It is almost like having to go down stairs for him. He just talks and talks and talks to everyone like they are on the same level with him. This guy knows his stuff. He just did a $10,000.00 job on a E30 that I sent to him. That customer was soo happy.

Mike from German Autotech was a VW tech and also worked at Furtmair before he opened his shop.

busamoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by busamoose View Post
He just did a $10,000.00 job on a E30 that I sent to him. That customer was soo happy.
What was the job? Fully built motor and a turbo set-up?
That's big coin on an E30

more importantly is this E30 going to come out the meets this year
Old 04-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
busamoose
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
What was the job? Fully built motor and a turbo set-up?
That's big coin on an E30

more importantly is this E30 going to come out the meets this year
yah. he will as soon as he is done. I ordered like every piece of trim for this guy's car and still waiting for some. of course, you know many would be backordered at BMW AG as well. this guy spends his money and it was his first BMW and has no intention of getting rid of it.

what you call "big coin" is nothing for other guys. there was a guy (no name of course) who sold his X6 because he couldn't get a winter tire package with the wheels he wanted but could get a new X6 with the wheels. so.....he bought a new X6 with the wheels he wanted for winter. and we got him tires for those wheels.

so, "big coin" is nothing for some guys.

then there was another guy last year who wait 3 1/2 months for a NEW engine for an E30 because he wanted it. $11,000.00 of course plus labour and tax, and additional parts .fortunately, he supplied his own exhaust.

there is a guy who bought a M5 for winter because he drives a Porsche in summer. He bought his parents an X5.

and to think about it too, when the owners of RIM just started up, they drove BMWs and played around with them like they were toys.

and even then "big coin" was nothing for them.

so all in all, it is not because it is an older car or who has it. If you can afford it and you can spend your money on it, no reason why you shouldn't.

so there are guys who are willing to spend their monies to have fun too.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:55 AM   #10
blk325i
3rd Gear Member

yea i'd stay away from german autotech, only one i've had "work" done at, the other guys didn't have a GT1 unfortunetly
blk325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #11
busamoose
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk325i View Post
yea i'd stay away from german autotech, only one i've had "work" done at, the other guys didn't have a GT1 unfortunetly

Old 04-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #12
bmwmck
3rd Gear Member

the guys at B&L motors in waterloo are good. specialize in german autos, know their stuff about bmw's

but ive heard RMP in etobicoke is the best hands down.
bmwmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #13
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Oh I can definitely see that sort of thing happening with the newer cars. Let's be honest though, most of the E30 guys don't have that kind of money to throw at their cars not all at once anyways. Those guys do exist as you've pointed out, but they are far and few between. However if I was spending $11k on my E30 it would be much funner and much faster than this guys car you're talking about, I can assure you that

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 04-06-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #14
busamoose
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Oh I can definitely see that sort of thing happening with the newer cars. Let's be honest though, most of the E30 guys don't have that kind of money to throw at their cars not all at once anyways. Those guys do exist as you've pointed out, but they are far and few between. However if I was spending $11k on my E30 it would be much funner and much faster than this guys car you're talking about, I can assure you that
Yes I know what you're saying, but sometimes it isn't just about how fast the car is for these guys, it is more sentimental and emotional. It is not about "speed" and "boost" and "power" their car can go.

When I came to Canada, I bought a certain model motorcycle and ripped it apart and never put it back together. I love that 'bike. I previously owned 4 of them. And, I would never get rid of it. Does that explain anything?? the model is 29 years old. when I am done with it, it goes in my living room.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #15
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by busamoose View Post
It is not about "speed" and "boost" and "power" their car can go.
Lies!
j/k I get what you're saying.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: