Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
PC - Primary Hard Disc Failure....?

So My secondary computer seems to have crapped it's pants again.

Dell Dimension 2350. Windows XP.

I was performing a virus scan using Norton Internet Security. Norton froze, and stopped responding. Of course I open task manager, and end program. then, my computers CPU usage and RAM usage peek out for about 20 minutes. Tired of this, I try to restart the computer through the start menu, but the computer is lagged out so bad, it won 't do anything. I then try to hard boot the comp. Nothing happens, after several attempts, still nothing. I decide to take the side panel off to see whats up inside. i remove the button, and find there is a crap load of dust preventing me from pressing the button. I clean the dust,out.

During this time, I get a blue screen saying windows has been shut down to prevent damage, blah blah blah.....just the usual. I hard boot the comp, and it comes back on but doesn't boot Windows. The screen now reads "Primary Hard Disc Failure". I go to the boot menu, to boot Windows that way, and when I try to do so, the screen just reads my mac address.

WTF is going on here?

I was going to back up my files tomorrow, in case this kinda thing happened again, but I didn't make it that far.

Any ideas as to what can be done, or what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Take it out and put it in another computer as a slave drive see if you can access your data. If so, back it up and then reformat the drive. If not, I don't know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: