Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
againstallodds
2nd Gear Member

aa rotrex c30 supercharger

hey guys, its confirmed that my s/c is done!! aa wants 2500 just for a replacement blower, i say no thanks. before i make any decisions on what to do..does anyone know someone or a place that will rebuild this supercharger?? preferably in the toronto/brampton/mississauga area. let me know, your help is greatly appreciated!
againstallodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
Bliss
Administrator

Wow, sorry to hear about your loss. Since AA is leaning all their kits towards the HKS blowers, that might be a good reason why they want so much. Did you try contacting Rotrex direct and ask if they can either direct you to a rotrex supplier, or have them ship you a rebuild kit? I'm actually quite surprised that AA didn't offer you better assistance other than trying to sell you a new sc.

What exactly happened?

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
what's wrong with the blower? if its jsut the bearing its like 400$ from http://www.superchargerrebuilds.com/
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
againstallodds
2nd Gear Member

thanks propr'one...id rather not send it to texas? but if anyone has deal with supercharger rebuilds and liked their experience..im interested to hear from you...let me know thanks.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
Bliss
Administrator

You still never answered our question as to what happened, and what makes you or AA think you need a new blower? Spun bearing, leaking, broken turbine, broken shaft?

Anyways, if it's a matter of rebuilding then order the rebuild kit from the site that Propr'one linked and if you're somewhat mechanically inclined then tackle the job yourself, if not, then call up one of the techs that sponsor this site, and im sure one of them can help you out.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
againstallodds
2nd Gear Member

its very loud if that helps.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #7
Bliss
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by againstallodds View Post
its very loud if that helps.
If you take the belt off and spin the pulley, does it still make noise? This is a good way to test if its in fact your sc thats faulty, but i'm guessing you already know it is. My guess it's most likely due to overheat. Possibly no oil getting to it, or was low. If you're confident enough to take it apart yourself check for the inside metal components being a black/burnt color. This would indicate that you ran on low oil, and was just burning it off. It could be your bearings that are gone if its noisy, but it really can be anything. I would still do a complete rebuild, and make sure to check your cooling lines afterwards to make sure it's being fed oil. Good luck.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #8
againstallodds
2nd Gear Member

i dont think oil getting to it was the case...oil is being fed. thanks alot for our insights though bliss...
Old 12-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
ckhmarston
1st Gear Newbie

I am really bummed out, my C30 just started running very loud, so i checked the oil lines, which seemed to be pumping enough through the return line...then i pulled of the belt and sure enough the S/C was not turning smoothly like i was hoping for. However i did get a better quote from URD for a S/C than $2500. if anyone has knows for sure that this is a clear sign of a bad bering please let me know....

thanks
ckhmarston is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: