Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

Feeler: 97 328is M sports package

I am posting to check any potential interests in the car. I had the car on sale last winter when it needed a few things. The car is a 97 328is M sports package. Car has 265k on it but has been very well maintained. I am the 3rd owner and have had the car for over a year now. Orignal owner was a lease who turned it in after 3 years and the second owner bought the car after and had it till I purchased it.

After purchase I did the following work:

- Clutch was replaced and flywheel machined at 235 000 k (OEM SACHS) + tranny fluid + reverse switch + rear main seal also changed same time
- Front tires were replaced right after i bought the car and the rear were replaced the following november. They are matched Kumho Ecsta Ast 225/50/16 all around with plenty of life.
- Complete brake job was done in april 2010. Zimmerman Drilled rotors all around with wagner thermo quiet pads.
- Crank position sensor was replaced in the winter when it threw a check engine code.
- Intake boot and ICV replaced beginning of month
- Driver side rear wheel bearing and passenger side ball joint replaced in winter.
- Passenger side rear wheel bearing replaced beginning of month.
- Supersprint catback installed last november-ish (sounds menacing)
- Regular Oil changes ever 4-5000k with Castrol syntec 5W40.
- NGK BKR 6EK iradium plugs installed after purchase of vehicle.

Car currently needs shocks all around which i have orderd and will be replaced with bilstien sports the following week. The car needs 2 o2 sensors as it throws a code on long highway drives for bank 1 sensor 1 and 2. I never got to replacing those because it never really bothered me much but it is on the list of things to do aswell. Car has a few rust spots which are showin in pictures. Car runs and pulls strong. 265k might seem high to few but in my opinion car runs like a champ as no expenses have been spared and all maintainance work has been done on time. Rad was also changed 2 years ago before i bought the car (around 3 year from today). Cosmetically, car looks pretty good and has few rock chips on the hood as one might expect given its a 13 year old car with orignal paint. I put in a lot of money since i purchased the car and obv dont expect to get it back, but to anyone interested I can assure you that it is well taken care of and any questions or concerns are welcome.

Offers are welcome since im not sure how much to ask for...

PICTURES -------- I will take more interior pics once i get the inside cleaned ---- sorry for high res pics, i dont know how to resize them.. hit "Ctrl" + " - " to zoom out on your browser if you use a low res display..

Enjoy

Last edited by gotcurry; 07-05-2010 at 03:48 AM.
gotcurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

Old 07-05-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

Old 07-05-2010, 03:15 AM   #4
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

Old 07-05-2010, 03:19 AM   #5
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

Old 07-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #6
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

Old 07-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
E30 Kid
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to E30 Kid
$3000
Old 07-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #8
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

ouch... I purchased the car for 3500 and it needed a clutch and tires atleast and that was a good deal last spring. Sucks to know its worth 3000 after replacing everything and bringing it to near perfect mechanically.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #9
BimmerboyPH
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotcurry View Post
ouch... I purchased the car for 3500 and it needed a clutch and tires atleast and that was a good deal last spring. Sucks to know its worth 3000 after replacing everything and bringing it to near perfect mechanically.
I know your pain!!!
BimmerboyPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

i dont buy E30 KIDs price since it may be bias cus he is in the market for an e36. Others pls comment to shed some light on the situation.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #11
S38B38Turbo
1st Gear Newbie

Gotcurry,
No disrespect but i think $3000 is a very fair price for the condition your car is in by that I mean the Mileage and the shape of the body itself, you do have a few rust spots and fairly high miles on the original motor Im assuming, have you done a compression test and if so would you mind sharing the results with us. Also since you are testing the waters I would look at bimmerboys car and work with that since hes got a lot less mileage and his price is also pretty fair but as he mentioned its Best offer. the main thing with your car although it seems likes the maintenance is up to par is that its an e36 with high miles and as we all know e36's are meant to be driven hard, so cheer up and hold on to that thing since there is no point in taking a loss.
S38B38Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #12
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S38B38Turbo View Post
Gotcurry,
No disrespect but i think $3000 is a very fair price for the condition your car is in by that I mean the Mileage and the shape of the body itself, you do have a few rust spots and fairly high miles on the original motor Im assuming, have you done a compression test and if so would you mind sharing the results with us. Also since you are testing the waters I would look at bimmerboys car and work with that since hes got a lot less mileage and his price is also pretty fair but as he mentioned its Best offer. the main thing with your car although it seems likes the maintenance is up to par is that its an e36 with high miles and as we all know e36's are meant to be driven hard, so cheer up and hold on to that thing since there is no point in taking a loss.
Will be doing the compression test soon. By no means am i offended, Im just surprised at the price since its lower than what i purchased it for and i did all the work to make it near perfect mechanically. Yes u can get the same car with less kms like i did initially but then u reach a point where things start breaking and u need to replace em. I guess what i am saying is Yes the kms are high but all the maintainance work has been well taken care of. Anyone who purchases this car wont have to turn around and start fixing things like i did when i purchased it for 3500 lsat year. I rather take it to the grave with me then let it go for 3000.

I appreciate all the comments you guys give since no one wud knw better than the bmw community it self thats why i decided to post the pics of the flaws of the car and i have nothing to hide. I am looking for honest responses and input. Thnx for your comment budd. If majority agrees with the price of 3000 than i can accept that and il keep the car and get rid of the post. I am not here to whine or be dramatic cus its not worth what i thought it would be.

Cheers
Old 07-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #13
S38B38Turbo
1st Gear Newbie

Gotcurry,
Thanks for not taking it the wrong way, I am just stating my opinion, and I do think you have a great car just that the economy isn't the best now and as I said earlier your better off keeping the car since you did do all the maintenance if you sell now for lets say even $3500 in my opinion you still took a loss and all the work you did would go to waste, why not enjoy the car and the hard work you put into it, Ive had my M5 for 12 years and believe it or not its got 321k on the chassis that's because I enjoy driving the crap out of it, mind you I do have a new motor but still the car drives like a God and its the little things that make a difference.
S38B38Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #14
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S38B38Turbo View Post
Gotcurry,
Thanks for not taking it the wrong way, I am just stating my opinion, and I do think you have a great car just that the economy isn't the best now and as I said earlier your better off keeping the car since you did do all the maintenance if you sell now for lets say even $3500 in my opinion you still took a loss and all the work you did would go to waste, why not enjoy the car and the hard work you put into it, Ive had my M5 for 12 years and believe it or not its got 321k on the chassis that's because I enjoy driving the crap out of it, mind you I do have a new motor but still the car drives like a God and its the little things that make a difference.
For sure man.. i totally accept ur opinion and sincerety since thats what i am looking for.

I will keep the post up for couple of more days to check other comments and interests. If no offers interest me then i will take if off and enjoy the car as this is just a feeler ad and i am in no rush to offload this.

Thanks everyone for commenting.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #15
E30 Kid
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to E30 Kid
sorry to low ball, I'm just in the market for a E36

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: