Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 172
Mississauga Represent



I know this info is a bit out dated but intresting none the less.
Mississauga is the largest suburban municipality in all of North America, with a population of 636,801 and a population density of 2125.1/kmē. Mississauga is larger than the American cities of Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Boston, Massachusetts; Washington DC; Nashville, Tennessee; Seattle, Washington; Portland, Oregon; New Orleans, Louisiana; Las Vegas, Nevada; Cleveland, Ohio; Atlanta, Georgia; Sacramento, California; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Miami, Florida etc. Mississauga also has a higher population than the Canadian city of Vancouver, British Columbia. The five largest suburbs in North America, in order, are Mississauga, Ontario; Mesa, Arizona; Virginia Beach, Virginia; Surrey, British Columbia; and Laval, Quebec.

Not to mention the nations busiest highway/airport. The highway rivals any major USA city.

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/sub...rbs-today.html
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 172
Another intresting factolid.

The Mississauga train derailment of 1979 occurred on Saturday, November 10, 1979, in Canada, when a 106-car Canadian Pacific freight train carrying explosive and poisonous chemicals from Windsor, Ontario was derailed near the intersection of Mavis Road and Dundas Street in Mississauga, Ontario. As a result of the derailment, over 200,000 people were evacuated in what was then the largest peacetime evacuation in North America up until the New Orleans evacuation of 2005. It was the last explosion in the Greater Toronto Area until the Sunrise Propane blast in 2008. There were no deaths resulting from the spill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Mi...ain_derailment
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
325isdan
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnykiller View Post
Another intresting factolid.

The Mississauga train derailment of 1979 occurred on Saturday, November 10, 1979, in Canada, when a 106-car Canadian Pacific freight train carrying explosive and poisonous chemicals from Windsor, Ontario was derailed near the intersection of Mavis Road and Dundas Street in Mississauga, Ontario. As a result of the derailment, over 200,000 people were evacuated in what was then the largest peacetime evacuation in North America up until the New Orleans evacuation of 2005. It was the last explosion in the Greater Toronto Area until the Sunrise Propane blast in 2008. There were no deaths resulting from the spill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Mi...ain_derailment
Parents have told me about this. They said it was very eerie to see.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #4
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
Parents have told me about this. They said it was very eerie to see.
And it's even more eerie when you see the Mayor Hazel McScallion, who was the same one they had when the trains derailed. In all these years, she thinks everyone in Mississauga should drive a car, the public transit system there is terrible.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!
 
Axxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,774
Great place to be! Just purchased my first property here, condo at SQ 1.
__________________

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing
 
BMW_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kiev
Posts: 8,364
Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Hahahahahah, mississauga? more like miserysauga. the most depressing place in the world. Suburban wasteland with horrible traffic. Oh how much I miss that

The funny thing is that every single one of those american cities have 1000000000000000000000x the culture and vibrancy miserysauga could only dream about.

my sister moved into a new condo in square one recently, and i just about puked when i saw the boring brown and tan interior finishes. Then I went outside. And saw not a soul out on Saturday night.

Miserysauga name fits the place so well. And brown should be the official color of the city.
__________________
Vitaliy



Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 07-05-2010 at 02:21 PM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
Hahahahahah, mississauga? more like miserysauga. the most depressing place in the world. Suburban wasteland with horrible traffic. Oh how much I miss that

The funny thing is that every single one of those american cities have 1000000000000000000000x the culture and vibrancy miserysauga could only dream about.

my sister moved into a new condo in square one recently, and i just about puked when i saw the boring brown and tan interior finishes. Then I went outside. And saw not a soul out on Saturday night.

Miserysauga name fits the place so well. And brown should be the official color of the city.
Wait, ur insulting another city as a Montreal resident? LOL

Mississauaga was only incoporated in 1974 witch is way less time then any of those cities. We don't have alot of culture but there are a few places, Streetsville, Clarkson, Port Credit, Erindale and Old Derry Road just to name a few. Also the art gallary at SQ1, the Confederation bridge and the Credit River. The city has culture it's just over shadowed by its tremendous growth.



Absolute World is a residential development in Mississauga, Ontario, consisting of 5 condominium tower blocks.[1] It is currently being built by Fernbrook Homes and Cityzen Development Group, with the first three towers completed. The last two towers are the centrepiece of this massive development, now under construction, and will substantially change Mississauga's skyline, topping out at 56 and 50 floors respectively. These two tower blocks will be the tallest of any built in a Canadian suburban city.
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,608
^^^^pfffttt hahahaha
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 172
Meybe you are misserable when u are here but thats the first time I heard anyone call it that.
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #10
hypno_nls1
4th Gear Member
 
hypno_nls1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ajax
Posts: 670
^^ i would never in my life live in Mississauga, peel region police are dicks, wayyyy too many people, worse traffic everytime I get anywhere near that area. I dont believe this is a thread
__________________

Fear Nothing. Risk Everything.


This is not your everyday, ordinary ****ing beamer!!
hypno_nls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #11
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 172
Tim Hortons Southside Shuffle (Mississauga)
September 10 - 12

Carassauga Festival of Cultures (Mississauga)
May 28 - 30

Mississauga Waterfront Festival (Port Credit) (OFV)
June 18 - 20

MuslimFest 2010 (Mississauga)
July 31 - August 1
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 172
Compaired to Ajax Bolton has a lot of traffic. No shit the traffic is bad but you just have to know the city to know how to get around it.
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #13
hypno_nls1
4th Gear Member
 
hypno_nls1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ajax
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnykiller View Post
Compaired to Ajax Bolton has a lot of traffic. No shit the traffic is bad but you just have to know the city to know how to get around it.
hey buddy, did anyone mention compared to Ajax, I dont recall saying comapred to my city Mississauga has alot of traffic. I commute everywhere around Ontario actually, and the only place I say **** Im not in the mood for that traffic is Mississauga. Anytime of the day, any day of the week, once you hit the Sauga region you are seeing traffic. I would rather drive downtown Toronto in peak rush hour traffic, at least in that traffic i'll see some nice cars and not have police harrassing because my car is "too low" and my tail lights are tinted
__________________

Fear Nothing. Risk Everything.


This is not your everyday, ordinary ****ing beamer!!
hypno_nls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #14
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
MuslimFest 2010 (Mississauga)
July 31 - August 1

There's one reason why I would never live there. I would have to search for white people >_< I used to deliver loads to UPS and Midland Courier and I would just hate going there. Smelt like a curry factory was nearby and the traffic was absolutely horrible.

I would say Oshawa is 100000x better because there is tons of trees, less traffic, for the most part people are friendly and polite, and there is also lots of white people!

Btw.. I'm in no way racist. Just dislike Mississauga due to the Muslim take over.
Oshawa, you gotta be kidding???

We have alot of cultures here and we have alot of cultures in Canada in general. Thats the whole base of our county.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
MuslimFest 2010 (Mississauga)
July 31 - August 1

There's one reason why I would never live there. I would have to search for white people >_< I used to deliver loads to UPS and Midland Courier and I would just hate going there. Smelt like a curry factory was nearby and the traffic was absolutely horrible.

I would say Oshawa is 100000x better because there is tons of trees, less traffic, for the most part people are friendly and polite, and there is also lots of white people!

Btw.. I'm in no way racist. Just dislike Mississauga due to the Muslim take over.
I don't know what parts of Mississauga ur going to but I can't remember the last time I've smelled curry. I've done more KM's around this city the most if not all people on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypno_nls1 View Post
hey buddy, did anyone mention compared to Ajax, I dont recall saying comapred to my city Mississauga has alot of traffic. I commute everywhere around Ontario actually, and the only place I say **** Im not in the mood for that traffic is Mississauga. Anytime of the day, any day of the week, once you hit the Sauga region you are seeing traffic. I would rather drive downtown Toronto in peak rush hour traffic, at least in that traffic i'll see some nice cars and not have police harrassing because my car is "too low" and my tail lights are tinted
If ur driving all over Ontario then you should know that the hot spots for traffic are all across the top of the city (401) and QEW west of Mississauga all the way to Burlington and DVP outside of rush hour anyway. Other then that Mississauga only has traffic during rush hour and that's tottally normal.



Somone please name me a place in Mississauga that has terrible traffic outside of rush hour? Even during rush hour it's mostly the major highways and considering there are 7 of them in the city I can only think of problems on the 401, 403/410(central north/south strech) and QEW.


Seriously Oshawa?? That place is ****ing weird.
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #15
Aloush
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 460
lolll even tho i dont agree with most of the positives about mississauga, but common HavocSteve are you serious about Oshawa? Mannnn i studied for 4 years in oshawa, lived in over 8 different houses as a student res. The dirtiest ppl ever.. I have no idea how ppl lived there. There is this rotten smell in every house that i have lived in and its not something you can get used to. Its like every time you walked into the house some one just dropped kicked you in the face, thats the smell effect. Only if you were white you got the smile and the give and take attitude, everyone i knew up there noticed everything i had said. Reason i wasnt surprised about your comments about the MuslimFest.

In conclusion you cant compare oshawa thats known as the armpit of ontario to mississauga.

No disrespect to you or to your house brother its just the people i have lived with.
Aloush is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015