Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
Vincas
1st Gear Newbie

FS: 1985 325e $1500 OBO

Testing the waters:

I am selling my 1985 325e built in February of 1985, 2 door manual with LSD installed by the dealer at time of original purchase. Blue on blue with 206,337kms. I took vehicle off the road in the spring of 1009 to fix all the rust on the body. The rust was not bad (from a repair point of view) I just wanted to restore it back to factory condition so that I could keep it for another 10 years or so. Got around to fixing some of it then time became an issue. My plans have hit a barrier and now I need to get rid of the car. I bought the car off the original owner back in August of 2007 for $2000. Being a heavy equipment mechanic I have done all of the maintenance myself and have written records of everything I have ever done to the car. Along with the maintenance I have done a few upgrades to the car. Along with the car you get all of the pieces I have bought for it but never got around to installing (will list later). At the moment the car is in pieces in my garage.

Upgrades:
- Replaced the SI board with one I bought off the internet that does not have batteries so you never have to worry about it dyeing again.
- Mark D performance chip 91 octane required.
- Bilstein rear shocks.
- Replaced the sealed beams head light assemblies with the projector assemblies. Projector low beam, non projector high beam, takes 9005/9006 bulbs. (bought from the dealer)
- 6k colour HID low beams.
- Replaced the radio with an Alpine CDA -9857 deck, hardwired the alpine harness in the vehicles harness. Replaced the front speakers with Alpine type S 5 1/4 speakers. Replaced the rear speakers with Alpine type S 6 1/2 speakers. Ran new wiring to all the speakers, also have the I-pod cable for the radio.
- Michelin Pilot Exalto tires with one season on them (195/60R14).

Known Issues:
- Car cancer aka rust in all the typical E30 spots.
- Transmission output shaft seal is starting to leak, need to top up transmission every 8 months or so.
- Passenger side of the steering rack is starting to leak, lost about 1/4 of a pop can in 6 months.
- Engine oil fill cap leaks a tiny bit.
- Front crank seal leaks, need to add a liter of oil after 3k or so.
- High beams are not wired in

Parts sitting in a box not installed on car:
- Fuel filter.
- Drive shaft center bearing and support.
- Drive shaft flex disk (Guibo).
- New high beam light (the glass on one on the car is cracked)
- EBC red front brake pads.
- Fuel Cap.
- Transmission output shaft seal.
- Gear selector rod (lower half).
- Gear selector bushing kit.
- Idle control module.
- AKG front control arm bushings.
- Shift boot.
- UCC Double Shear Selector Rod with bushings.
- Two sets of rear control arm bushings.
- Fog light lenses installed on car but not wired in.
- 160sq. feet of Second Skin Damplifier acoustic material.
- 1 Gallon of Second Skin Spectrum acoustic paste.
- Box of Misc. parts.
- Engine and manual transmission from another 325e (my first BMW with 320k ish kilometers on it)

Asking $1500 or best offer for everything. If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to PM me and I will send you my contact info. I know the pic is crappy but I have tons of other pics of the car and the work I have done if you are interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmw1.jpg (246.2 KB, 208 views)
Vincas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:20 AM   #2
Aloush
3rd Gear Member

Im interested in some of the parts you are giving away.. are u will to sell on the side ?
Aloush is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: