Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
Brent
3rd Gear Member

Pics From Auto X and E30 Cruise

Hi guys, not the greatest photographer, but I thought I'd post a couple of pics from both events for everyone to check out, and to get the picture thread started. Great day at both the auto x and the cruise! If anyone else has good pics, please post them. (I've posted lots of pictures before, not sure why these seem to be so large, any ideas?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E30 Spring Cruise 001.jpg (449.1 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg E30 Spring Cruise 002.jpg (423.2 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpg E30 Spring Cruise 003.jpg (391.2 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpg E30 Spring Cruise 004.jpg (362.5 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg E30 Spring Cruise 005.jpg (424.5 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg E30 Spring Cruise 008.jpg (342.0 KB, 288 views)

From Eyesore to Heat Score
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Almost every E30 is red >_< ahahah.. great turn out and was fun!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Nice pics Brent

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

No actions shots? I imagine the pics are that large since you didn't resize them? Picasa is free and easy to manage your pics. You can export your pics all the same size. I use it.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
Brent
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
No actions shots? I imagine the pics are that large since you didn't resize them? Picasa is free and easy to manage your pics. You can export your pics all the same size. I use it.

Yeah, no action shots, sorry guys, I was thinking the same thing...but on the cruise I was driving, and I didn't have a passenger, so it would have been kinda tricky (and my camera's not that great with the action shots anyway!). As for the auto x, I have no excuse, except for it was my first time out, and after the first drive, and then every other one, my eyes were bugging out of my head and my heart was pounding pretty good, and all I could do was babble on about how much fun it was!!! lol Maybe next time, I'll calm down and take some pics!

Thanks for the advice about Picasa. It's weird, I posted the pics the same way as I did all the other times and they always came out small before...so I wasn't sure what to do.

From Eyesore to Heat Score
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Someone else had a camera taking pictures. Me and Matt drifted and I think buddy took a picture of it as we left for the beginning of the cruise. Would be a sick picture to see if he on this forum.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Someone else had a camera taking pictures. Me and Matt drifted and I think buddy took a picture of it as we left for the beginning of the cruise. Would be a sick picture to see if he on this forum.
LOL @ drift. Just FYI for next time, that sorta thing is frowned upon while in any sort of parking lot/photo location, etc etc. Its not a rice meet that we are still in high school trying to one up the guy next to us. Looks childish.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
Aloush
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
LOL @ drift. Just FYI for next time, that sorta thing is frowned upon while in any sort of parking lot/photo location, etc etc. Its not a rice meet that we are still in high school trying to one up the guy next to us. Looks childish.
going 100+km/hr on main roads and infront of parks is ok i guess cuz certain people do it ?

I think thats more ricey than a little drift in a parking lot..
Aloush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloush View Post
going 100+km/hr on main roads and infront of parks is ok i guess cuz certain people do it ?

I think thats more ricey than a little drift in a parking lot..
I wasn't going to say anything but going 180kms to catch up to the first 4-5 cars in a 60 zone isn't exactly a "cruise". I think a little harmless drift where no cars or people were in danger is smarten then speeding like a moron down the backstreets. But w/e. To each his own. Btw.. I wasn't driving. Just along for the ride.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
Dissembler
4th Gear Member

problem is parking lots are generally in well populated areas. Neighbour Joe may be the kind of guy who want nothing but silence, so if he hears a ton of tire squeeling, maybe smells the rubber he'll go and phone the cops then everyones day is ruined, all of our cars will be scrutinized possible impounded under the stunting laws etc etc.

While I don't agree with doing 3-4x the legal speed limit, if you get cut off or something and are now 2 clicks behind everyone else, as long as its (relatively) safe then do what you want to catch up, atleast in this situation if the cops get yeah, then its only you and not everyone else (kind of the risk you take when coming out on a cruise)

Edit: Got off topic, good pics brent, it seems like your camera has a huge field of vision too getting cars 3/4 wide like that

Last edited by Dissembler; 06-07-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Dissembler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #11
stan man
2nd Gear Member

HUGE pics there Brent

I don't know about the speed limit, but I was doing 60 the whole way, or maybe the speedometer is broken. Oh well

I am not sure whos idea it was, but I like how the front of the group would pull to the side to wait for others to catch up. Makes sense, because if I would have lost sight of the red e30 in front of me I could of made a wrong turn somewhere and be lost. I didn't pay any attention to the street signs or anything.

I posted some pics at the other thread, don't want to repost here
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...=133670&page=4
Old 06-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #12
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

HAI HAI HAI!!

Teaserr's
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #13
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Sam get them posted in the autocross thread!!!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Theres no need to drift every corner, dump it from every light, rev it at every stop and just generally drive like a tool. No one thinks you're cool, this isn't JDM rides and you actually look like an idiot..

Not naming names, but some people were doing this.

And if you fall back you don't need to catch up so fast. When Jay drives on cruises he doesn't book it, it's just the knobs who speed up till they almost trunk **** the person ahead of them and then slam on the brakes.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #15
craz azn
6th Gear Member

LOL. I don't think I ever hit 180 all day. If anyone felt the need to go that quick, that's their prerogative. Just saying, the clutch dumping in parking lots, and the drifts (what a good guess, I just figured you guys woulda done that) makes the rest of the group look careless.

SAM. Moaaaarrrr pix!!11

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: