Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
flyzone
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9
New 328xi in Toronto - what do you think?

Here's the deal, I've been in the market for the past 4 months, looking to replace my lease-end 2007 328i. Had a fun time with this car (5th 3 series i get). The only horrible experience was caused by the Bridgestone RFT tires, a total nightmare after just 14K ...

Anyway, after all the drive tests and other considerations I'm now down to chose between 2 cars .. totally different in some ways but ..

Brand new 2010 BMW328 xi - premium, navigation, metallic colour, steptronic transmission - The dealer is ready to give me $4500 discount to start.

Is that a good discount? Is that because they're expecting the 2011 to arrive so they're trying to sell the inventory?

Aside from been afraid I will run into the same troubles with the RFT tires in this car too, I'm also realizing there's no real difference, especially internally, between the 2010 and the 2007 I own.

The other car was the Audi Q5 - premium trim - $3000 discount and Audi Care included. I really like the new Audi look and the inside and the engine is not bad.

Last consideration .. driving experience .. 328 hands down ..

What are your thoughts?

PS .. Can't afford an X5 and the X3 is out of the picture.
flyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
>>> Last consideration .. driving experience .. 328 hands down ..


I think you answered the question!

If you don't mind telling us, how many km's on your current 328i and what is the buy back? A few weeks ago I was looking for a 328i and would have loved to find one I could buy at the end of a lease, to save a few thousand. We found one 2 weeks ago so I am no looking now, but may want another next year.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #3
flyzone
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
>>> Last consideration .. driving experience .. 328 hands down ..


I think you answered the question!

If you don't mind telling us, how many km's on your current 328i and what is the buy back? A few weeks ago I was looking for a 328i and would have loved to find one I could buy at the end of a lease, to save a few thousand. We found one 2 weeks ago so I am no looking now, but may want another next year.
Almost 50K, buy back I think it is $29K CDN, but you need to replace tires for sure bcuz those are very noisy
flyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member
 
hockeyfan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Durham Region
Posts: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzone View Post
Here's the deal, I've been in the market for the past 4 months, looking to replace my lease-end 2007 328i. Had a fun time with this car (5th 3 series i get). The only horrible experience was caused by the Bridgestone RFT tires, a total nightmare after just 14K ....
Aside from been afraid I will run into the same troubles with the RFT tires in this car too...
Maybe to close the deal the dealer would be willing to put a different set of tires on it for you?

Quote:
I'm also realizing there's no real difference, especially internally, between the 2010 and the 2007 I own.
My dad is nearing the end of the lease on his 2nd Murano. He loves the car and was struggling with getting a 3rd. he decided "I can't get three of the same car in a row. It's like I'm robbing myself of the joy of a new vehicle. Just the same old all over"

He is getting something different or buying out the current lease.
__________________

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #5
flyzone
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan27 View Post
Maybe to close the deal the dealer would be willing to put a different set of tires on it for you?



My dad is nearing the end of the lease on his 2nd Murano. He loves the car and was struggling with getting a 3rd. he decided "I can't get three of the same car in a row. It's like I'm robbing myself of the joy of a new vehicle. Just the same old all over"

He is getting something different or buying out the current lease.
Anyone knows what (if any) differences there will be between the 2010 model and the 2011? Dealership just told me I can't order any more 2010 models (custom order)
flyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzone View Post
Anyone knows what (if any) differences there will be between the 2010 model and the 2011? Dealership just told me I can't order any more 2010 models (custom order)
There is an article mentioning what's in the 2011 models here:

http://www.autospies.com/news/2011-B...Changes-51503/

and another here:
http://www.usnewsdot.com/auto-car-up...is-spring.html

I don't see any extra ponies in the 328i, but the 335i gets the N55 and 320 hp.

Last edited by MarkD; 03-09-2010 at 04:32 PM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
flyzone
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
There is an article mentioning what's in the 2011 models here:

http://www.autospies.com/news/2011-B...Changes-51503/

and another here:
http://www.usnewsdot.com/auto-car-up...is-spring.html

I don't see any extra ponies in the 328i, but the 335i gets the N55 and 320 hp.
So do you think $4500K out of a car that total MSRP is $51K is a good deal or do you think there's space for a bigger discount?
flyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
ShortShifter
Sex Wagon
 
ShortShifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burlington
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzone View Post
So do you think $4500K out of a car that total MSRP is $51K is a good deal or do you think there's space for a bigger discount?
You can get a better discount then that...shoot me a pm with your number and I can help you out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine86 View Post
Do we really need an Ipad???
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Only if you have an iVag.
ShortShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #9
Rockblock
2nd Gear Member
 
Rockblock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzone View Post
Here's the deal, I've been in the market for the past 4 months, looking to replace my lease-end 2007 328i. Had a fun time with this car (5th 3 series i get). The only horrible experience was caused by the Bridgestone RFT tires, a total nightmare after just 14K ...

Anyway, after all the drive tests and other considerations I'm now down to chose between 2 cars .. totally different in some ways but ..

Brand new 2010 BMW328 xi - premium, navigation, metallic colour, steptronic transmission - The dealer is ready to give me $4500 discount to start.

Is that a good discount? Is that because they're expecting the 2011 to arrive so they're trying to sell the inventory?

Aside from been afraid I will run into the same troubles with the RFT tires in this car too, I'm also realizing there's no real difference, especially internally, between the 2010 and the 2007 I own.

The other car was the Audi Q5 - premium trim - $3000 discount and Audi Care included. I really like the new Audi look and the inside and the engine is not bad.

Last consideration .. driving experience .. 328 hands down ..

What are your thoughts?

PS .. Can't afford an X5 and the X3 is out of the picture.
I think I might have test-driven yours ...I got the exact same features and discount on mine, picked it up 10 weeks ago (black on black)...yes they are trying to get rid of current stock and if you configure & order, you will get a 2011 model starting July...2010 production has stopped (at least that's what I was told)...no discounts on 2011 models (yet)...I tried to knock out the extra PDi + freight, but was unsuccessful...but I can appreciate the $4.5k discount and I love it...tires are contis
__________________

_________________________________________________
The more expensive the car, the cheaper the spare parts should be !
Rockblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:01 AM   #10
flyzone
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockblock View Post
I think I might have test-driven yours ...I got the exact same features and discount on mine, picked it up 10 weeks ago (black on black)...yes they are trying to get rid of current stock and if you configure & order, you will get a 2011 model starting July...2010 production has stopped (at least that's what I was told)...no discounts on 2011 models (yet)...I tried to knock out the extra PDi + freight, but was unsuccessful...but I can appreciate the $4.5k discount and I love it...tires are contis
You probably did Apparently there's lots of 328 inventory sitting on the parking lots this days. I'm down to two colour combinations ... I like the more aggressive black sapphire on Chestnuts ... but my partner seems to enjoy the Monaco blue - Saddle brown more ... that I don't dislike.
We paid a visit to the dealership tonight and my sales person offered me another extra $1000 discount ... Saturday will see who's the winner in the colour battle

I better make a move before the end of the week .. because now I'm getting the crazy idea to go for a 335 model ... ( love the extra kick ) but I've been reading that the car have some reliability issues with the engine ... is that true?

What do you guys think? Should I follow my crazy dream????? Not sure I would be able to get the same discount however ...

Last edited by flyzone; 03-12-2010 at 01:06 AM.
flyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
MPackage
2nd Gear Member
 
MPackage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Posts: 144
How about a 335i can never go wrong with that... =o)
MPackage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #12
flyzone
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9
Just an update. In the end I got the 328xi. I wasn't really excited with the colours combinations available for the 335xi ... ohh well next time

On the $ side I was able to get almost $8000 off the car just in case someone wanted to use it as reference to start negotiations.

Car is black on 35/35 tinted windows .. do you think I should put the black grills in front? or do you think the aluminum will look sharper?

BTW Delivery is tomorrow afternoon .. I'm super excited

Last edited by flyzone; 03-22-2010 at 02:31 PM.
flyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #13
Rockblock
2nd Gear Member
 
Rockblock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzone View Post
Just an update. In the end I got the 328xi. I wasn't really excited with the colours combinations available for the 335xi ... ohh well next time

On the $ side I was able to get almost $8000 off the car just in case someone wanted to use it as reference to start negotiations.

Car is black on 35/35 tinted windows .. do you think I should put the black grills in front? or do you think the aluminum will look sharper?

BTW Delivery is tomorrow afternoon .. I'm super excited
WTG man...darn, you got a much better deal than I did...I only got $4.5k discount (although I do have the Logic7)...and mine is the same 35/35 tinted, which makes a great difference...congrats bro, you'll love it!

PS I think the aluminum gives it a nice touch...I've seen one with the black grill, but I found it to be less appealing...I love mine just the way it is...here are some pics

...my next projects:
1. replace the amber sidemarkers with clear ones
2. replace side bulbs with super-white
2. replace the front amber signals with super-bright
3. replace the DRL bulbs with Lux 5.0

.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 328xi_1.jpg (365.4 KB, 580 views)
File Type: jpg 328xi_2.jpg (328.8 KB, 584 views)
__________________

_________________________________________________
The more expensive the car, the cheaper the spare parts should be !

Last edited by Rockblock; 03-22-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Rockblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #14
flyzone
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9
Great pics I'm getting mine in 1 hr .. will post pics after .. I got the black grills I would love to change the rims and tires .. going to 18" summer tires ... ohhh well Christmas is not far
flyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #15
Rockblock
2nd Gear Member
 
Rockblock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzone View Post
Great pics I'm getting mine in 1 hr .. will post pics after .. I got the black grills I would love to change the rims and tires .. going to 18" summer tires ... ohhh well Christmas is not far
cool...enjoy !!! just a note of caution: if you go 18" I'd recommend you don't go RFT, but regular tires as the compound is already too hard and by taking it up a notch you'll be feeling every small bump...on the downside, there is no spare tire so you'll need to make sure you get one and throw in the trunk...you also can't go small tire, as you have a 4WD...

I'm waiting to ware my RFTs out to make the change to regular...also want to go staggered 225/255
__________________

_________________________________________________
The more expensive the car, the cheaper the spare parts should be !
Rockblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
328xi, audi q5, toronto

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014