Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
Fern3
formerly e36.M52B25

Wierd problem

So I got caught in deep snow 2 days ago and I was rocking back and forth to try and free myself and all of a sudden my music went off and all I heard was a popping sound at equal intervals from one of my back speakers. So since I already had something to deal with I went and disconnected the remote turn on wire from the amp. After I got the car free I started checking all the wiring and everything seemed fine, I reconnect the remote on wire the amp comes on, no audio, 2 seconds later the same popping sound came on But from both back speakers this time and the intervals became shorter and it sounded like a helicopter was in my car. I disconnected the wire again. Also, everytime the popping noise hits the power light on the amp dims just a tad..

Any idea what's wrong here?

| M54B30/6MT Swap | KW V2 Coilovers |3.46 Diff |
|Genuine 19x8.5/9.5 Style 172M Wheels|
Fern3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
e30drifter
SLYDWAYZ

Big coincidence!...I think
I don't think the snow underneath your car and the wires inside your car have anything to do with each other. Unless you ran your wires next to your drive shaft. LOL

You'll have to narrow down the problem yourself by swapping in working components. Eliminate your back speakers. Disconnect them and run a pair of properly working ones. If you still hear the noise then grab another amp and hook it up in place of yours. If you still hear the noise then hook up your amp and speakers in question, find a car with a system and park trunk to trunk.
Unhook other car's RCA cable from amp and run it to your amp with speaker. Play music from the other car with your amp powered on. RCA from other car + your amp and speaker and no noise...then you know the problem must be your deck or amp wiring. Amp could be wired right, but with low quality wires, could have broken in the plastic sleeve or at the tips, could be pinched. Also make sure you didn't run the RCA's next to the power wire. That's all that I could think of with out actually working on the car myself. Let me know how this turns out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JUpYp5eqTbk-(GO NUTS FOR DONUTS)
"if you think education is difficult, you should try being stupid"
e30drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:18 AM   #3
Randy
2nd Gear Member

If you replace the whole car and you still hear the sound... its your ears.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
Trekz
4th Gear Member

just a shoot in the dark. Check to make sure you getting good ground on everything
Trekz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
tg07lq
4th Gear Member

rocking could have loosened something or casued trouble in that regard. id check your sources and grounds. once verified check your signal. theres gotta be a break somewhere

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: