Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
330DTM
Cinematographer

Send a message via ICQ to 330DTM Send a message via MSN to 330DTM
iRacing Anyone?

Anyone on this forum plays iRacing? It's like the best PC racing simulator out there now. Tracks are all laser scanned, and the physics model is amazing. I haven't played Forza or GT5, but I believe the physics modeling in this game are much better from what I read.

The selection of cars isn't great, definitely not like what Forza or GT5 offers, but it's still fun.

They have a huge selection of US tracks like Sebring, VIR, Road Atlanta, Summit Hill, Lime Rock, Daytona, Indianapolis, and even our home town track Mosport!

For those who like to do all out drifting, it's a bit harder on this game because the steering angle is fixed at about 20 degrees.

My only beef about this game is the monthly fee, pay for additional cars and tracks.

One of my fav. tracks, but not of me driving:

Old 01-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
rider-.
3rd Gear Member

I haven't played iracing personally, but I do play rfactor, which is another sim and I really enjoy that one. My only beef with these sims is that the graphics aren't too spectacular. But with the added realism with the more advanced physics i'm willing to bite the bullet.
rider-. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #3
Mlighted
2nd Gear Member

I've paid $45 for rFactor once and had downloaded lots of cars and tracks for free.
There are great mods for rFactor like CTDP F1 2006 for example. There are Mosport,
Glen and many many other tracks available. F1 mods for rFactor are amazing, imho.
I prefer rFactor to other sims.
Mlighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
330DTM
Cinematographer

I played rFactor on my friend's computer too a few times, but I find their physics modelling lacking a bit compared to iRacing.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
Mike, I agree the physics is alright in rfactor but the only reason i've been playing it soo much b/c i just got shannonville on it

Its a lifestyle.www.coolkidsclub.ca

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/EuroDriftStar
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/641215cruz
Chris de la Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 AM   #6
330DTM
Cinematographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris de la Cruz View Post
Mike, I agree the physics is alright in rfactor but the only reason i've been playing it soo much b/c i just got shannonville on it
Shannonville? serious? Hook it up
Old 01-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

iRacing is awesome. Race2Play is another one to take a look at since they have over 250 cars and more tracks.

I have some experience with iRacing (not my rig) and the physics model is impressive. The graphics are very smooth and car models 100% accurate. The reason they do not have as many cars is because they aim to model them accurately with manufacturers CAD drawings and months of R&D. They even have live NASA marshals watching the racing and dishing out black flags if you are acting fool!

I can't beleive they have Mosport! Now I want to get iRacing.
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #8
330DTM
Cinematographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
iRacing is awesome. Race2Play is another one to take a look at since they have over 250 cars and more tracks.

I have some experience with iRacing (not my rig) and the physics model is impressive. The graphics are very smooth and car models 100% accurate. The reason they do not have as many cars is because they aim to model them accurately with manufacturers CAD drawings and months of R&D. They even have live NASA marshals watching the racing and dishing out black flags if you are acting fool!

I can't beleive they have Mosport! Now I want to get iRacing.
Cool I'll check that game out. Yeah, Mosport is great on iRacing and so is VIR, Sebring and Skip Barber. They're supposed to release Willow Springs and Long Beach soon I actually don't mind the cars in the game, but they could use a Porsche Cup car for something in the middle.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #9
dil
2nd Gear Member

why pay wen u can play racer its the same shit but FREE
dil is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: