Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
david.toledo
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to david.toledo
aftermarket in dash dvd..e39

any know if there is a kit for any aftermarket in dash dvds?
went to a local car audio shop looking to get one installed and they told me they dident make one for e39s?
any one got one? some help would be appreciated.
david.toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
hustler
2nd Gear Member

Single or double din?

Double means the HVAC tube is in the way behind and you will need to work around that. Single should be a little easier - you just need a bezel kit and to be able to live with a big black chunk on the dash.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

Please dont do it. It looks disgusting with all bezzel plastic. Just kills the center console.
Have it mounted in the glove compartment or just get a in dash cd (OEM business class) and get an ipod connection in the trunk aaand you are set!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

I installed this in my e39 on the weekend picked it from Euro style (great guy to deal with) It was just plug and play you need to buy the e39 trim piece. Also it was from an
e38, now I am looking for an mk11 gps/dvd player for the trunk, Keep the stock look.

http://www.reveuro.com/buyers_guide/...w-e38-740i.jpg
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #5
g-unit
Pilipino ako

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm View Post
I installed this in my e39 on the weekend picked it from Euro style (great guy to deal with) It was just plug and play you need to buy the e39 trim piece. Also it was from an
e38, now I am looking for an mk11 gps/dvd player for the trunk, Keep the stock look.

this looks great! how much?
  • Tint
  • Ice - Alpine
g-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm View Post

that is obviously OEM right? Does the dash have an indash CD player?

Also, I have been looking to do the same thing. I definitely want to put a double din headunit in with Bluetooth, Nav, DVD, ipod aux, etc. I've been looking at the JVC KWNT1. It is a gorgeous double din deck that cost around $1000. According to some research I did its a pain in the ass to install any aftermarket double din in the e39's. They have to do a lot of fabricating in making a kit for it. I got quoted $250 just on labour to install that plus with the aftermarket deck I won't be able to use my steering wheel controls unless I buy a module which is close to another $200.

When all is said and done I'm looking at over $1500. That is just too rich for my blood.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:09 AM   #7
CBimmer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
that is obviously OEM right? Does the dash have an indash CD player?

Also, I have been looking to do the same thing. I definitely want to put a double din headunit in with Bluetooth, Nav, DVD, ipod aux, etc. I've been looking at the JVC KWNT1. It is a gorgeous double din deck that cost around $1000. According to some research I did its a pain in the ass to install any aftermarket double din in the e39's. They have to do a lot of fabricating in making a kit for it. I got quoted $250 just on labour to install that plus with the aftermarket deck I won't be able to use my steering wheel controls unless I buy a module which is close to another $200.

When all is said and done I'm looking at over $1500. That is just too rich for my blood.
I Had This Same Problem Until I Met The Owner Of "www.number1sound.com" At Bimmer Cruise In Brampton. He Broke Down Exactly What You Said And Brought Me To His 540, Where He Had The Steering Wheel Working, A Kenwood Deck With Touch Screen, Bluetooh And All, Also Handmade A Bezel It Looked Pretty Good. I Have The Factory In-Dash Cass Right Now, Do You Have The Same Or You Have A Factory Screen Which Does Not Require You To Change the Whole Harness Like I Would?
Old 01-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

It's all OEM for now, I am think of doing this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRm2e...eature=related

I don't care for blue tooth,
Old 01-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
david.toledo
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to david.toledo
yea . i couldn't live with that hunk of plastic on my dash. from what iv seen going oem.. cost alot.. and does it plays dvds? or is it just gps, mp3?
david.toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

The screen can play DVD's It's just a matter of tapping in to the imputs .
Old 10-27-2010, 03:48 AM   #11
kita32
1st Gear Newbie

One of the things you will need to consider before even thinking about how to install a car DVD player is what tools you will need for the job. While each car and each car DVD system is different there are still some basic items you will probably need to complete the installation process. BMW E39 DVD For BMW 5 Series 7 Series X5 Series
kita32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #12
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Quote:
Originally Posted by kita32 View Post
One of the things you will need to consider before even thinking about how to install a car DVD player is what tools you will need for the job. While each car and each car DVD system is different there are still some basic items you will probably need to complete the installation process. BMW E39 DVD For BMW 5 Series 7 Series X5 Series
Is this screen plug and play?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #13
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

This is what you want, I am waiting on this pending someone buys my oem screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHHvW...layer_embedded

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: