Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
rendered
6th Gear Member

Headlight polishing and repair. Excellent work! GTA Headlight Docter

So I didn't really want to dish out $2400 for brand new OEM headlights from the dealer (Nor did I want aftermarket replacements) so I asked around and found these guys.

GTA Headlight Docter just northwest of King City (HWY 400 @ king road)

For those who want to keep their oem headlights, and want them looking brand new, I highly recommend this place!

I've had a lot of my cars done at bodyshops and detailing friends but no one could get it quite right and looking nearly brand new. On top of that my ZHP's facelifted lights only come brand new as a complete headlight. No replacement lenses for me. SO for those who are in my boat, I've found the best solution. Their work is phenominal, they're a fully insured shop offering vehicle pickup from anywhere in the GTA and Toronto with their insurance and dealerplates. They mainly work for dealerships but are also available to the public and car clubs. You can also drop your car off for the day at their shop if you feel more comfortable doing so.

My driver side headlight was internally damaged so the entire inside was wobbling around. No one was willing to touch the headlight except for these guys. They properly removed my headlights from the car so the front end wouldn't be damaged, They fixed the broken plastic tab inside keeping the headlight leveling system intact and level, properly cleaned in the inside of the headlights, and put everything back together properly and made the outside look nearly perfect for $400. A bodyshop or other people I know of would of easily charged me twice as much to do the same work I know. Their prices vary depending on car to make the headlights look new, but they're very reasonable compared to everyone else I've dealt with, and most of all this is the best work I've seen in Toronto/GTA period.

I'm so impressed with the quality of work, I asked about a groupbuy for friends and people here whom are interested in their service! So we get a deal, and make the front end of our cars look 100 times better! I have more cars to give them, and I figured I'd ask here if anyone's interested.

PM me for my number and we'll set something up!

Make your headlights look almost brand new Groupbuy Interest:

1.Rendered
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
Gamite

3M your headlights after you're done. Best thing I ever had done to my euro headlights

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
3M your headlights after you're done. Best thing I ever had done to my euro headlights
Did you 3M your fancy armrest, too?

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
Qube
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Hope it doesn't promote "burn" spots like they do with fogs sometimes...

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
rendered
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qube View Post
Hope it doesn't promote "burn" spots like they do with fogs sometimes...

really? you think the 3m will encourage burn spots?

They said if need be, they can pull apart the headlight and clean up the burn spot on the inside at customer request for an extra charge... I've seen a few cars where the internal headlights are heavily burned in!

Either way, the way I see it, you protect the orginal headlight from day one with 3m and replace the 3M every year, or you forget about it, and polish/clean up the outside of the headlights every 2 years.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:01 AM   #6
Qube
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
really? you think the 3m will encourage burn spots?

They said if need be, they can pull apart the headlight and clean up the burn spot on the inside at customer request for an extra charge... I've seen a few cars where the internal headlights are heavily burned in!

Either way, the way I see it, you protect the orginal headlight from day one with 3m and replace the 3M every year, or you forget about it, and polish/clean up the outside of the headlights every 2 years.
Actually, I hadn't thought of that. I've only heard of burn spots on the 3M or Lamin-x itself.

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:58 AM   #7
Gamite

no, but maybe you should 3M your elephant ears

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:05 AM   #8
Vander
2nd Gear Member

why spend $400 when you can easily do it yourself for probably $10 and an hour or two of your time? A little bit of wet sanding then hit it with a buffer and your headlights will look like new. Its the same process people use for making clear polycarbonate models.

here's a good link showing a step by step process if anyone's interested http://www.wikihow.com/Properly-Repa...udy-Headlights

. . . or you can pay $400 if money isn't an issue
Old 07-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #9
dbworld4k
Addict

^Read the 1st post. He had to have his headlight repaired, not just re-polished.

Past:
Old 07-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
Vander
2nd Gear Member

yeah but I was referring to the groupbuy which sounds like its mainly for polishing
Old 07-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
dbworld4k
Addict

True, but it wouldn't be $400 for polishing either.

Quote:
no, but maybe you should 3M your elephant ears
Don't you have beer bottles to pull out of your exhaust?

Past:
Old 07-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #12
Vander
2nd Gear Member

ok true enough, but whatever the cost is I'm just saying its not a very hard thing to do on your own
Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #13
rendered
6th Gear Member

Their prices vary from what I found out depending on the car, headlight condition, etc.. I believe it starts around $100 or so per headlight, hopefully I can score a better deal for all of us!

I've tried it myself but I can't get it looking anywhere close to the work this place does!

I'm definatly going to 3m them this week! Great advice!
Old 07-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
So I didn't really want to dish out $2400 for brand new OEM headlights from the dealer (Nor did I want aftermarket replacements) so I asked around and found these guys.

GTA Headlight Docter just northwest of King City (HWY 400 @ king road)

For those who want to keep their oem headlights, and want them looking brand new, I highly recommend this place!

I've had a lot of my cars done at bodyshops and detailing friends but no one could get it quite right and looking nearly brand new. On top of that my ZHP's facelifted lights only come brand new as a complete headlight. No replacement lenses for me. SO for those who are in my boat, I've found the best solution. Their work is phenominal, they're a fully insured shop offering vehicle pickup from anywhere in the GTA and Toronto with their insurance and dealerplates. They mainly work for dealerships but are also available to the public and car clubs. You can also drop your car off for the day at their shop if you feel more comfortable doing so.

My driver side headlight was internally damaged so the entire inside was wobbling around. No one was willing to touch the headlight except for these guys. They properly removed my headlights from the car so the front end wouldn't be damaged, They fixed the broken plastic tab inside keeping the headlight leveling system intact and level, properly cleaned in the inside of the headlights, and put everything back together properly and made the outside look nearly perfect for $400. A bodyshop or other people I know of would of easily charged me twice as much to do the same work I know. Their prices vary depending on car to make the headlights look new, but they're very reasonable compared to everyone else I've dealt with, and most of all this is the best work I've seen in Toronto/GTA period.

I'm so impressed with the quality of work, I asked about a groupbuy for friends and people here whom are interested in their service! So we get a deal, and make the front end of our cars look 100 times better! I have more cars to give them, and I figured I'd ask here if anyone's interested.

PM me for my number and we'll set something up!

Make your headlights look almost brand new Groupbuy Interest:

1.Rendered
Mark, all you need is 600 800 1000 2000 grit sand papers, turtle wax scrubbing compound, maguires polish and a high speed rotary buffer with prep and finishing pads. LOL

edit: they fixed the inside, good to know!

When I get some done i ll take before and after

Last edited by 344i; 07-22-2009 at 12:21 PM.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Before and After pictures?? That would help sell it for most people.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: