Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Parking with a disabled pemit

I saw a Porsche and a Ferrari with the disabled person's permit on their windshield parked along Queen Street/Dovercourt in front of a Starbucks coffee shop yesteday. Now I'm not judging whether the permit is legit, but is it legal for those who have those permits to park anywhere that us regular drivers can't. I know there wasn't a disabled parking permit spot where they were parked. In fact, three hours later I passed by the same spot and saw no tickets on those two cars but two other cars without permits were tagged. WTF?

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

they are not completely exempt. My sister has a dis sticker and windshield sticker that she displays when she goes to park. I've seen her get tickets for Fire route, no standing, and absolutely no parking eg. bus lane. These have been the exceptions. And she had to pay them. She also thought she could park "just anywhere" this is wrong. They have rights but not to abuse them. People don't need a physical handicap to have them. Mental as well. A diabetic could have a disability sticker. Anyone with a health condition could acquire one with a doctors report and a little BS to add.

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

This is the permit you need to park anywhere
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dipl.jpg (138.4 KB, 120 views)
Old 07-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redster View Post
illuminati...

not suprised they drive a cadilliac neither
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redster View Post
Nah! That's the do anything plate.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble65 View Post
Nah! That's the do anything plate.
I know
Old 07-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
yeah, diplomats are illuminati.

Just to give you guys an idea. I always, always, always park my e36 anywhere that's convenient for me. The only thing i sortof look out for is fire hydrants (Not only cause of the fine, but because firemen will smash your windows and run a hose through your car, as prorven by the famous e30 picture).

I've gotten litterrally tons of 30 & 40 dollar parking tickets around toronto, i requested court dates for all of them, and i have yet to get a single court date. I'm sure eventually i'll get at least a few, but if your court date is like a year after the offense date, its very, very likely that it will get thrown out anyway.

Park wherever you like, go to the courthouse once every two weeks. If you want instructions as to how to get into the eglington civic centre without waiting to cross picket lines/paying for parking, let me know.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I think they got a fake one. Those parking spots are much wider. The chances that the cars may not get dings all over, as if they part it in those narrower spots. This way is better. Even if he gets a ticket, that money would have gone for expensive valet parking habbits.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:04 AM   #9
propr'one
op sucks cock

OMG!!!

I can't believe this. I'm getting a disabled parking permit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/app.shtml
To qualify for an APP, the individual must be certified by an APP program recognized health practitioner as having one or more of the following conditions:

Cannot walk without assistance of another person or a brace, cane, crutch, a lower limb prosthetic device or similar assistive device or who requires the assistance of a wheelchair.
Suffers from lung disease to such an extent that forced expiratory volume in one second is less than one litre.

Portable oxygen is a medical necessity.

Cardiovascular disease impairment classified as Class III or Class IV to standards accepted by the American Heart Association or Class III or IV according to the Canadian Cardiovascular Standard.

Severely limited in the ability to walk due to an arthritic, neurological, musculoskeletal or orthopaedic condition.

Visual acuity is 20/200 or poorer in the better eye with or without corrective lenses or whose greatest diameter of the field of vision in both eyes is 20 degrees or less.
Condition(s) or functional impairment that severely limits his or her mobility
Snellen
20/10
20/15
20/20
20/30
20/40
20/50
20/100
20/200

Estimated prescription
Plano (zero)
Plano
Plano to -0.25
-1.00 to -1.25
-1.75 to -2.00
-2.00 to -2.50

My prescription is -4.50, -4.75

I ****ing love actually reading laws. If being a lawyer didn't sound like such a ****ing horrible job, i would mabye actually consider law school.

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,

Last edited by propr'one; 07-22-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #10
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Based on that info, they'll be a lot of permits handed out for poor eye sight!

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #11
propr'one
op sucks cock

^^do it. I'm definatly going to get one. I doubt i'd use it very much, and i'd try to be respectful (not take the last handicapped spot, for instance), but if i'm legally entitled to one, you can bet your ass i'll have one

Old 07-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #12
truemc
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
^^do it. I'm definatly going to get one. I doubt i'd use it very much, and i'd try to be respectful (not take the last handicapped spot, for instance), but if i'm legally entitled to one, you can bet your ass i'll have one
I'm pretty sure that you are not going to get one.
truemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #13
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

what i find screwed up is how the hell do they give out handicapped permits to near blind people.. but then allow those same people to drive? lol
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
propr'one
op sucks cock

near blindness is determined without glasses. Driving tests are done with your glasses on. With my glasses i see 20/20.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
propr'one
op sucks cock

Wanna make a bet? I meet 100% of the legal requirements to obtain a permit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: