Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

US Man Charged 23 Quadrillion Dollars For A Packet Of Cigarettes.

US man was charged $230,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0 00,000,000,000,0000 for a packet of cigarettes after a banking error

Old 07-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

and in other news lool Poor Obama...

Old 07-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER View Post

Russia, who is Russia? They went from being one of the worlds super powers to being nothing. They were a superpower all through lies.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble65 View Post
Russia, who is Russia? They went from being one of the worlds super powers to being nothing. They were a superpower all through lies.
lol... its not 1989
Old 07-18-2009, 04:35 AM   #5
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble65 View Post

Funny you should say that cause Russia has no where near the debt US has and is still growing Economically! Plus its more or less self sufficient with oil and minerals.
And to top it off they are run by the most hard core bastard with huge balls than any other politician in the world at the moment and have the backing of lets say some "night" folks!!!!
I wouldnt mess with Russia at the moment as after China they probably have the biggest financial resources and potential at the moment!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
2K6E60
5th Gear Member

True to an extent, Russia is behind China and India. But a growing country (economically) none-the-less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Funny you should say that cause Russia has no where near the debt US has and is still growing Economically! Plus its more or less self sufficient with oil and minerals.
And to top it off they are run by the most hard core bastard with huge balls than any other politician in the world at the moment and have the backing of lets say some "night" folks!!!!
I wouldnt mess with Russia at the moment as after China they probably have the biggest financial resources and potential at the moment!
Old 07-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #7
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Really! I wonder why they can't afford to keep their Nuclear Submarines running. I wonder why their navy is sitting in the dock rusting. So if they have lot's of money this should not be a problem. Russia just like their Prime Minister is a Joke.

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 2008 Russian financial crisis)
Jump to: navigation, search
For the 1998 crisis, see 1998 Russian financial crisis.
This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions. (January 2009)
This article may need to be updated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information, and remove this template when finished. Please see the talk page for more information. (May 2009)

The 2008–2009 Russian financial crisis, part of the world Economic crisis of 2008, is an ongoing crisis in the Russian financial markets that has been compounded by political fears after the war with Georgia, as well as renewed concern about state intervention in corporations of strategic interest, Putin's poor policy and by the plummeting price of Urals heavy crude oil, which has lost more than 70% of its value since its record peak of $147 on 4 July 2008. While according to the World Bank Russia’s strong short-term macroeconomic fundamentals make it better prepared than many emerging economies to deal with the crisis, its underlying structural weaknesses and high dependence on the price of a single commodity make its impact more pronounced than would otherwise be the case.[1]

In November 2008, there were reports that trade in Russian shares had increasingly shifted to London traded Global Depositary Receipts during frequent suspensions in Moscow, dictated by rules imposed by the regulator to reduce volatility on Moscow's increasingly illiquid stock market.[2] Reuters reported more than $1 trillion has been wiped off the value of Russia's shares during the crisis.[3]

As the crisis progressed, it became clear the Kremlin would play the dominant role in deciding which Russian oligarchs -- many of whom were highly leveraged -- would survive the crisis.[4] Reuters and the Financial Times speculated that the crisis would be used to increase the Kremlin's control over key strategic assets in a reverse of the "loans for shares" sales of the 1990s, when the state sold off major assets to the oligarchs in return for loans.[5] State VEB bank was used to refinance the debt of Oleg Deripaska, once ranked by Forbes as Russia's richest man, but demanded a 25 percent stake in Norilsk Nickel as collateral for the $4.5 billion loan.[6] The Financial Times called it another "sale of the century", a reference to the book about the Russian asset sales of the 1990s by Chrystia Freeland.[7]

In February 2009, Fitch Ratings downgraded Russia's Long-term foreign and local currency Issuer Default ratings (IDR) to 'BBB' from 'BBB+', the Short-term foreign currency IDR to 'F3' from 'F2' and the Country Ceiling to 'BBB+' from 'A-' (A minus). "The downgrade reflects the negative impact on Russia from the fall in commodity prices and the dislocation to global capital markets that has left Russian banks and companies struggling to refinance external debt, and the difficulties Russia faces in managing the necessary macroeconomic policy adjustments," said Edward Parker, Head of Emerging Europe in Fitch's Sovereigns team. "The scale of capital outflows and the pace of decline in Russia's foreign exchange reserves have materially weakened the sovereign balance sheet," said Mr Parker. Russia's foreign exchange reserves (FXR) have fallen by USD210bn, from their peak at end-July 2008 to USD386.5bn as at 23 January 2009, albeit around USD58bn of which was due to valuation effects.[8] The euro fell to session lows versus the dollar below $1.29 after ratings agency "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Ru...nancial_crisis
Old 07-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER View Post

That's such BS. How the hell can you do that to the leader of a superpower? You'd think grey-haired men would grow past such childish immaturities especially at a high political stage.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

They probably want him to pay the bill and then they will discuss what they can do for him.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #10
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

^^^ lol

its not the first time it happened to Obama... I guess he's getting used to it.

Last edited by AMG_POWER; 07-17-2009 at 01:04 PM.
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #11
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

i can imagine obama saying to himself after the missed handshake...

"YO!, how these foo's gonna leave me hanging like that... aww yo son you FO' REEEAALLL?????"
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #12
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Old 07-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #13
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

sweet chirp at the end... smoking can be harmful to your bank balance
Old 07-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #14
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
lol people treat him as a joke

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

and now check out Russian president lol

Last edited by AMG_POWER; 07-17-2009 at 03:26 PM.
AMG_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: