Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
zackman17
Banned

think twicw about buying a dodge, jeep, chrysler

ok so january i purchased a 07 jeep compasss. the first day i had it it started to randomly stall at idle. went to the dealership they flashed the system said it was fixed. 2 weeks later same thing i went back they said no codes were present they flashed it again. problem dissapeared for 2months in febuary the engine startet to vibrate and make more noise that it usually does so i went to the dealership. what did they do the flashed the system . said it was fine i argued with them said they wernt going to do anything. so i drove to another dealership, on the way there the vehicle stalled at the lights i told them they took the jeep for 2 days replaced engine mounts and the alternator. this was at 40,000km so in march i started hearing a grinding noise when i would accelerate and sometimes the pedal would be dead! so gues what they did... yeah that's right the flashed the system what did that do...NOTHING. soo i just left it i did not have the time to deal with it july comes along and i have allot of play in the front end outer tierods are toast. so they were replaced at 50,000km late august grinding sounds gets really bad take it in argue with them for a week they changed the axel still noise i told them it was the transmission after hours of wasted time i convinced them to do the transmission. the tranny was done at 60,000km the day i took it home there was a knock in the front end i brought it back the mech said all cars are like that i said bs they wldnt do anything so it's been getting worse todayt i jack up the right side and sure enough my lower balljoint has a dangerous ammount of play. so back to the dealership to fight to get it fixed and im at 68,000km.. im out of warranty but i reported noise so they better fix it. lesson learned never buy a chrysler product the parts do NOT last.
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
betmen
6th Gear Member

Damn dude, really sorry to hear that...sounds like a ton of BS from the dealership. And i dont mean to be rude or insencative but...here is your problem, you bought a low end "suv"....to make it worst its a compass. You problem could have been solved by simple research.
betmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
coolhand
Banned

The Compas is probably the worst car they ever made, thats what happens when you don't research before you buy. The 300C got great reviews thats why I got it. And I love it.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
The Compas is probably the worst car they ever made, thats what happens when you don't research before you buy. The 300C got great reviews thats why I got it. And I love it.
yeah i kno what you mean but i didnt have much say after i ****ed my oil pan my family had enough of the bs with the e30 so they bought me the compass i wanted a liberty but it was too late and the salesperson totally bs'd them about the car.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
yeah i kno what you mean but i didnt have much say after i ****ed my oil pan my family had enough of the bs with the e30 so they bought me the compass i wanted a liberty but it was too late and the salesperson totally bs'd them about the car.
Next time buy your own car
Old 11-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
Next time buy your own car
yeah
Old 11-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #7
BigD
the misanthropist

In my experience with Chrysler cars is that it's a roll of the dice. My parents went through 2 neons, original and 2nd gen, in the span of 8 years, and the only problem we ever had was the 1st gen blinker stalk broke (wouldn't latch in the up position), that's IT. They ran perfectly, not a single problem. Yet on the books, both cars were THE most unreliable car Consumers Reports tested for their respective generations.

The American cars are definitely much more cheaply made and put together than the Japanese but that doesn't mean you can't get lucky and have one last.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

yes you're right, buy a bmw, they don't have a single problem

Last edited by AceOfSpades; 11-16-2008 at 03:23 PM.
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #9
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Chrysler is real hit or miss. Some cars are very good, but some are lemons
Old 11-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ti Compact View Post
Chrysler is real hit or miss. Some cars are very good, but some are lemons
i would agree they do have some nice cars but still after this i dont think i will ever buy a chrysler again just because it's too much bs to deal with. i also forgot to mention a few things. they have fixed a spring in the passengers seat, they fixed the track aswell. my headlight keeps shorting out and i have to go to get it reset and it works for a few weeks then shorts again. there is a burning smell, smells like electrical/plastic. and on that note the 37,000km i have put on it since january majority of those km have been highway back and forth from toronto to stkitts/niagarafalls. i bought the vehicle from willison dodge jeep chrysler on eglington. they are assholes and the service dept sucks hardcore. they put a dent in the rear by my gas tank i ****ing lost it on them they were like not our problem i went up to the dealer principle he was kind enough to give me a date that thier dent guy would be at the dealership so he cld fix it free of charge. btw the dent guy was awesome he drives a badass e36 anyone kno him he is a mobile pdr guy

Last edited by zackman17; 11-16-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #11
daytona
6th Gear Member

8 year old PT Cruiser,nothing serious...computer was shot,replace it with a used re flash one,bushings are the frontc changed three times,clock spring (normal problem on %90 on the cruisers) shot..trannies strong as ever,motor is running smoothly..no electricial gremlins...not bad for a 8 year old car that is driven hard.Only chrysler I think is a good everyday car.Cant really say anything negative about it except it drinks gas like there is no tomorrow.
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #12
zackman17
Banned

well i spoke to the service dept manager and apparently it's not covered under warranty and they replace the control arm so it's going to cost an arm and a leg to fix so now im dealing with head office alltho i have documentation of this issue with front end nock but he said your out of warranty that's it but his service tech said if i report it before warranty expires it's covered. im at whits end my mech said that legally im covered im getting so many different stories. im so pissed tight now anyone have any idea im not dropping 500+ service fees on this vehicle i can guarantee that.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:33 PM   #13
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
8 year old PT Cruiser,nothing serious...computer was shot,replace it with a used re flash one,bushings are the frontc changed three times,clock spring (normal problem on %90 on the cruisers) shot..trannies strong as ever,motor is running smoothly..no electricial gremlins...not bad for a 8 year old car that is driven hard.Only chrysler I think is a good everyday car.Cant really say anything negative about it except it drinks gas like there is no tomorrow.
sorry i have to say this but i hate those cars they are fkn stupid looking no offence.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #14
daytona
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackman17 View Post
sorry i have to say this but i hate those cars they are fkn stupid looking no offence.
none taken its a business car.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #15
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

I used to work at Discount Rentals in the erinmills Automall in mississauga. There were many repeat customers, some whom I saw 40+ times in a year. The majority of these people drove jeep compasses & jeep grand cherokees.. One guy had a rental for like 42 days!.. ridiculous. Another customer had a replacement JEep grand cherokee from us which had problems as well.... simply garbage lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: