Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-20-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
againstallodds
2nd Gear Member

supercharged e36 m3

hey guys, my brother has an m3 he just bought that has an active autowerk supercharger kit running 8- 10 psi. its running too fat/rich and the back bumper gets covered in shit. how do i know if this kit came with software, how do i check etc etc.

also, the car is leaking every colour possible lol oil, and very small amounts of anti freeze. any ideas on where these leaks r coming from? i replaced the oil pan gasket and the leak stopped and came back 2 weeks later, it could be it again. i just want to know from the experienced ppl here with boost on what is common etc. YOUR HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS!!!!

thanks.
againstallodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:41 AM   #2
black bnr32
3rd Gear Member

Try matching the dripping colors with the colors in the each of the reservoirs? aka power steering, engine oil, tranny, diff, brake, etc.

Hope he got a good deal as the car sounds a little hurtin'.
black bnr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
greekthang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by againstallodds View Post
hey guys, my brother has an m3 he just bought that has an active autowerk supercharger kit running 8- 10 psi. its running too fat/rich and the back bumper gets covered in shit. how do i know if this kit came with software, how do i check etc etc.

also, the car is leaking every colour possible lol oil, and very small amounts of anti freeze. any ideas on where these leaks r coming from? i replaced the oil pan gasket and the leak stopped and came back 2 weeks later, it could be it again. i just want to know from the experienced ppl here with boost on what is common etc. YOUR HELP WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED GUYS!!!!

thanks.

How do you know if this kit came with software ??? Of coarse it came with software. Take out the DME take off the cover and you will see if there is an AA chip in it. What are your AFR reading thought out the RPM range. Theres no way to adivse you what to do until you give us numbers.

If your leaking coolant check to see where the coolant is coming from by popping the hood. Could be hoses, thermostat, waterpump.

Personally unless you know the person and there driving habits and how they maintain the car buying a forced induction car is a tricky game.

Hope this helps good luck
Old 11-11-2008, 11:19 PM   #4
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekthang View Post
How do you know if this kit came with software ??? Of coarse it came with software. Take out the DME take off the cover and you will see if there is an AA chip in it. What are your AFR reading thought out the RPM range. Theres no way to adivse you what to do until you give us numbers.

If your leaking coolant check to see where the coolant is coming from by popping the hood. Could be hoses, thermostat, waterpump.

Personally unless you know the person and there driving habits and how they maintain the car buying a forced induction car is a tricky game.

Hope this helps good luck

What about spark plug gap? (just playin big guy) - See you next week...let me know what day...so I wont be there. lol

To check if it has AA or any other tune like 'greekthang' said check the DME. If it is OBD2, you dont need to open it up since it is a software D/L so the tuner ususally slaps a sticker on the DME. If your car is OBD2, I think I know why your oil pan was leaking (and might still be). Anyways, give me a call and we can set something up to check it out. By the way, were you ever driving besides a yellow and also a black E36 on the 401 W few weeks back?

Also blown M3....what crank/blower pulley set up are you running? You must be spinning the blower pretty high to get that boost....like JMW said whats the details on your set up if you dont mind me asking.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

I had the same problem. It was a vaccume leak.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #6
againstallodds
2nd Gear Member

the coolant leak i cant tell where its coming from all i know is that it is dripping off my oil pan before my oil leak occured...as for the oil leak, oil is all over, hard to tell where the oil leak is coming from until i pressure wash the underneath of the car...i was just wondering..when a boosting an m3, is there any common leaks that will occur and if so from where? given what i am leaking (oil, anti-freeze). as for the AFR readings, pretty much anywhere between 12:0 to 13:9 from idle to redline, very rich. any more help would be greatly appreciated guys!!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
againstallodds
2nd Gear Member

Trouble65, what problem did u have that was a vacuum leak?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #8
Trouble65
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by againstallodds View Post
Trouble65, what problem did u have that was a vacuum leak?
There is so many and any one of those could cause a problem.
Trouble65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:51 AM   #9
kevin325
AMG ETR

why don't you just take it to a pro and have them look at it and tell you exactly whats wrong with it?

kevin325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #10
Blown M3
2nd Gear Member

If my short term fuel trim is 17.4 for bank one and 23.5 for bank two dose that mean I have a vacume leak?
Blown M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #11
Blown M3
2nd Gear Member

If my short term fuel trim is +17.4 for bank one and +23.5 for bank two dose that mean I have a vacume leak? I also have no low end torque below 4000 RPM. What is the problem? Can someone help me. Sorry but on the I forgot to mention that I am running 15 PSI of boost on my car with a Vortech V2 blower.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
JMW
Pole busted to boosted.

15 psi ^^ give some detail on this set up.

Official Team BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE vehicle owner.
support: thanks to. Bimmersport automotive and audio 2 go (ATG motoring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid
"i saw your car there when i was there a few weeks ago, looks absolutely stunning man. I think i popped a ****ing boner, that paint looks sick
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #13
Blown M3
2nd Gear Member

Well I have sorted out some of the problems the car is runing a little bit better. but the LT fuel trims are now both at 11.7, Dumping in extra fuel for no reason and I have no low end torque. The set up I am running is a Vortech V2 which was upgraded to the SI trim from the s trim. The SI trim is capable of spinning at 55,000 RPM not 50,000 like the s trim. I am running a 6" crank pulley and a 3.125 blower pulley. It is only hitting 15 LBS at readline.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #14
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown M3 View Post
Well I have sorted out some of the problems the car is runing a little bit better. but the LT fuel trims are now both at 11.7, Dumping in extra fuel for no reason and I have no low end torque. The set up I am running is a Vortech V2 which was upgraded to the SI trim from the s trim. The SI trim is capable of spinning at 55,000 RPM not 50,000 like the s trim. I am running a 6" crank pulley and a 3.125 blower pulley. It is only hitting 15 LBS at readline.
Interesting, is the set up your running a kit or custom? What tune...is there a scaler box or modified MAF wiring?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:31 PM   #15
Blown M3
2nd Gear Member

This is an RMS stage 2 kit Vortech V2 with aftercooler and the tunning is done by Karl at AA. M50 Manafold, 42 Lb injectors,2 1/2 exhaust with no cats or resonators, porchse HMF. The wiring for the MAF has been modifed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: