Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-03-2003, 05:32 PM   #1
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

MEMBER INPUT REQUIRED for car show ideas.....

I need some good ideas from you guys with regards to car shows. I'm heavily involved with numerous shows around the GTA this year (BimmerCruize '03 included) and would like to know what you guys REALLY want to see at the shows.

As spectators, let me hear your wildest fantasies! What do you want more?.... here are some ideas... agree, disagree, comments welcome?....

-celebrities appearing to sign autographs? Gimmicks?
-admission prices? what's a good price? (be realistic)
-club atmosphere? Music? DJ battles? lights on or off?
-shows?.... bikini, lingerie, breakdancing, mud wrestling?...
-cars? less rice, more euros? quality or quantity?
-location? pay for parking? Inside T.O. or suburbs?
-vendors? more or less?
-re-entry privilages? revoke or stay?

As competitors, what can you guys add for comments to make the show run smoother?

-roll in? more organization? when?
-parking arrangements within the show? Euro/Asians seperate?
-prizes? trophies or plaques? goodie bags?
-sponsors?
-cost? what is considered TOO MUCH?
-judging? spectators vote? personal interviews?
-room for car crews? teams?
-cost for electrical drops?

Thanks a lot for comments needed... basically tell me what you would do if you were running a HUGE INDOOR CAR SHOW. Don't worry about marketing... we've got that under control.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn3329.jpg (119.3 KB, 1745 views)

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 05:44 PM   #2
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
From the spectatators point of view

> -celebrities appearing to sign autographs? Gimmicks?
Please bring jenna and asia carera! j/k

> -admission prices? what's a good price? (be realistic)
around 10 to 15?

> -club atmosphere? Music? DJ battles? lights on or off?
Yeah good music is always good. But not too much to distract you from the cars

> -shows?.... bikini, lingerie, breakdancing, mud wrestling?...
I VOTE FOR MUD WRESTLING!! ?

> -cars? less rice, more euros? quality or quantity?
quality is better.

> -location? pay for parking? Inside T.O. or suburbs?
Anywhere in GTA with good parking spots.

> -vendors? more or less?
More

> -re-entry privilages? revoke or stay?
Stay

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:05 PM   #3
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

i think that the clean bmw or honda wont get anywhere compared to rice, rice is where its at, and what import shows are all about nowadays!

celebrities would be good, and the atmosphere MUST be good...like at bimmercruize, no offense but the dominion parking lot wasnt the best atmosphere IMO...importfest had an amazing light show etc, if you can have CONSTANT dj's mixing beats, and dj battles...maybe free style competitions going on? considering the majority of the show spectators are from basically my age (15) to maybe 35? try and get stuff that the majority likes, but dont forget the minority...like at my age freestyling, break dancing, hot girls, and crazy atmosphere (maybe more like a club would work) is kool to me, and would be the best car show ever. having it in like a factory out of no where with all the lights on doesnt look good....everyone has seen pics from HIN (hot import nights) and i think thats an amazing show.

try and stay away from vendors who go and ask you to sign up for stuff, it really gets annoying when they make you sign up with false info...i mean, at speedorama my cousin and my bro got asked to sign up for creditcards by the same people like 3 times.

the car crew/team thing is a good idea...and is done everywhere, i like it.

if possible...you should advertise to keep your tickets, and have a draw...person with the ticket # wins something, maybe a set of coilovers or intakes from a sponser who is a shop, something along those lines...once, a club was giving away VACATIONS!! now that will really get ppl in...

i think quality is important...also quality, speedorama and importfest didnt have enough cars...i mean i looked at all of speedorama in a matter of an hour...importfest was more fun, and i stayed for more than 3hrs i think.

celebrity appearances are a good idea....but the fee for autographs is insane these days...unless its someone crazy, then i wouldnt care.

lingerie, bikini, mud wrestling..anything involving sexy girls is a PERFECT idea! lol

maybe at a next car show you should write up a survey and see what people will answer...you never know, honda guys, nissan guys, vw guys and bmw guys etc all have different opinions on shows. if u need help with this survey idea let me know.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:07 PM   #4
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Well I would like to see an only euro show, Ive never been to a car show, but I know if I was, then I wouldnt spend time looking at any non-euro cars. A BMW-Mercedes-Audi-VW etc meet would be badass!
Old 02-03-2003, 06:11 PM   #5
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Well I would like to see an only euro show, Ive never been to a car show, but I know if I was, then I wouldnt spend time looking at any non-euro cars. A BMW-Mercedes-Audi-VW etc meet would be badass!
he is already doing a bmw only show...its called bimmercruize, didnt you know?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 02-03-2003, 06:45 PM   #6
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
he is already doing a bmw only show...its called bimmercruize, didnt you know?
Oh is that what that is?? Oops, hmmmm, seems to me like I said a EURO auto show moron, not just a BMW one. Can u read?
Old 02-03-2003, 06:58 PM   #7
Euro_E30
6th Gear Member

i want to see alot of euro's!!!! SOME GOOD HOUSE MUSIC...lots of females!!!!!!!!..also some old school cars and custom cars and some japanese i guess just to get the other crowd involved as well, make like a club scene with the lights and all that shit.... also i want to know if u do n e of ur car shows do u take n e maxbimmer cars? what do u look for..i know the simple bodywork, paint, interior all that stuff but what if u dont have some like crazy ass engine transplant.... thx
Euro_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 07:29 PM   #8
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Oh is that what that is?? Oops, hmmmm, seems to me like I said a EURO auto show moron, not just a BMW one. Can u read?
do you know how much it costs to run a show? its more than probably 2 E46 M3's to have an awesome running show..how many ppl like euros only? and compare it to the enormous aftermarket for jap imports...which one brings more $$$? why do you think ppl have shows? to have a fun time possibly wasting money they might have to take outta their pockets? its not just going to the international centre and saying your having a show...it costs $$$...and im sure randy and who else who is running show doesnt want to loose their own.

Old 02-03-2003, 07:33 PM   #9
Euro_E30
6th Gear Member

i love car shows... ill help in any possible way....so if u need n e just let me know. i work at bmw so i can hand out flyers and shit and get the word out..
Euro_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 07:36 PM   #10
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
do you know how much it costs to run a show? its more than probably 2 E46 M3's to have an awesome running show..how many ppl like euros only? and compare it to the enormous aftermarket for jap imports...which one brings more $$$? why do you think ppl have shows? to have a fun time possibly wasting money they might have to take outta their pockets? its not just going to the international centre and saying your having a show...it costs $$$...and im sure randy and who else who is running show doesnt want to loose their own.
He asked for peoples opinions, I dont like seeing fixed up jap cars, I like seeing fixed up euros. I would pay to see 10 bucks to see 100's of Euros, not to see 100 jap cars and 2 VW's. Thats why I havent come to any auto shows, I think its a waste of my time and money to see other things in my opinion (except Bimmercruise, I would have loved to come, just didnt have the time.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:41 PM   #11
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
He asked for peoples opinions, I dont like seeing fixed up jap cars, I like seeing fixed up euros. I would pay to see 10 bucks to see 100's of Euros, not to see 100 jap cars and 2 VW's. Thats why I havent come to any auto shows, I think its a waste of my time and money to see other things in my opinion (except Bimmercruise, I would have loved to come, just didnt have the time.
thats too bad..bimmercruize was amazing! cant wait till next year...well ya ur right about the opinion thing...the moron part called for a flame war...lol

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 02-03-2003 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:43 PM   #12
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
thats too bag..bimmercruize was amazing! cant wait till next year...well ya ur right about the opinion thing...the moron part called for a flame war...lol
Comon u and me are buds, thats why I can call u a moron and u can call me one too. go ahead, I'll laugh
Old 02-03-2003, 08:34 PM   #13
Soldo
6th Gear Member

what i would like to see is DIFFERENT CARS, i mean i'm tired of going to DIFFERENT shows only to see pretty much the SAME THING over again!!
also, i wouldn't MIND seeing some of those hot models giving ME ROUNDS!!!
how bout it?!?
Old 02-03-2003, 08:52 PM   #14
jeremy
6th Gear Member

if you win a trophy it should say what you won it for...other than that just the price of entering your car is my main concern
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:18 PM   #15
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

Randy,
most important thing is to keep the admission fee reasonably low for the spectators.
Adding so many things into a car show will drive up the cost.
People want to see quality cars (try and get some Lambos,porsches,ferraris at the show) ( not too many riced up cars) and beautiful models walking around and posing on the cars.
We also need some trance music playing in the background.
Trophies are a must for the competitors and prize money would be nice as well.
1 last thing is the food. It must be good food at the show. I liked it at Darknights 2001. They had BBQ chicken in a pita ! Yummy !
ROB89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: